Ip Man 2

Milkyway

lillippa328
Reminded me of Rocky at the end, but when he made his speech. But, taking a cue from Rock isn't a bad thing, I mean he did end the cold war all by himself. I f I can change, and yous can change.

lmao he did indeed end the cold war!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Saw this last night and loved it. My wife enjoyed it too but said that it dragged on a little towards the end. I didn’t really feel that way and actually thoroughly enjoyed the boxing versus kung fu fights. I wasn’t impressed with the character development but I didn’t hold back the film at all. The choreography was great and, in places, absolutely mouth watering. Lo Meng as mild comic relief? Yes please!

The only bit I didn’t like was the short scene with Bruce Lee. It felt a little forced.

saw this over the wekend ,

pretty good film I tohught , almost a remake of Prides deadly fury, lked the first half very much but all that boxing fighting got a bit tedious, the western actors were dreadful, surely with that big budget they could have got some proper actors,

Fong Hak An was great thought Lo meng was using the wrong style he should have done mantis.

the HK street sets were great, but best of all was the Baby Bruce.thye should do a film with him

the original kung fu kid

I

froffeecoffee

A worthy sequel. The last half did kinda of digresses into the 1st with the British taking the place of the Japanese. Still it was really good and the fight scenes were great!

it's gonna be rlsed in China on blu ray on the 12th of june

ipman2.jpg

Hello Fiol, how are you :)

DVD China edition should be available in about 1 week.

DVD will be distributed by De Jin Culture while Blu-ray will be distributed by HEC Hua Lu

Hello Fiol, how are you :)

DVD China edition should be available in about 1 week.

DVD will be distributed by De Jin Culture while Blu-ray will be distributed by HEC Hua Lu

hi there! i'm fine! nice to see u here too!

i hope that the chinese dvd will have cantonese and eng subs , or atleast eng subs only... :angel: (it wont happen, i know xD)

I know that the Blu Ray is only supposed to have Mandarin audio and Simplified Chinese subtitles. As FeiLong said they're being distributed by different companies so anything could happen, I guess.

I know that the Blu Ray is only supposed to have Mandarin audio and Simplified Chinese subtitles. As FeiLong said they're being distributed by different companies so anything could happen, I guess.

Chinese movies in Mainland China have their DVD copyright and Blu-ray copyright sold seperately. Therefore, one title often have different distribtutors for DVD and BD.

As for Ip Man 2, the BD distributor HEC Hua Lu is a great company but the DVD distributor De Jin is not. De Jin's DVDs have a pretty high defective rate.

Ip Man 2 DVD5 versions available today. DVD9 edition is coming soon.

DVD5 edition (keep case edition and simple pack edition)

Spec:

Mandarin 5.1 and Mandarin 2.0

with optional Simplified Chinese subtitles

Single-layered disc x 1 (4.35 GB)

Runtime: 1 hour 43 min 23 sec (PAL and Region 0)

Disc SID: IFPI K135 <-- this is the code that marked on inner circle of the disc and is a proof of authorized release.

Extras: 10 mins

Distributor: De Jin Culture

ipman2dvd5.jpg

ipman2dvd5sp.jpg

As a movie it was enjoyable to watch despite ripping off Rocky 4. I probably still preferred part 1 as I felt the storyline was done better. It's a shame Simon Yam and Terry Fan Sui Wong weren't in more scenes.

The fights were decent but not great. Too many cuts, use of wires and weird angles. When Ip man challenges the 3 fighters on the table some of the exchanges were looking good but then they would cut away to a different angle such as a close up from infront or behind or a shot from above. Why couldn't they use a simple wide shot with longer takes once in a while? I found the end fight with the boxer disappointing.

The scene with the young Bruce Lee did make me smile!

I'll still buy the dvd when it's released.

D9 released in China (official,no boot)

mandarin 5.1/dts/2.0

subs: chi sempl, none

extras: 10min

boxsetD9+D5 (with more than 1hour of extras)

Chinese movies in Mainland China have their DVD copyright and Blu-ray copyright sold seperately. Therefore, one title often have different distribtutors for DVD and BD.

As for Ip Man 2, the BD distributor HEC Hua Lu is a great company but the DVD distributor De Jin is not. De Jin's DVDs have a pretty high defective rate.

I didn't know that.

I'm going to wait for the HK version with Cantonese audio and English subs, but I hope those who buy the Chinese editions get copies that work properly.

Ip Man 2 (2-Disc Edition) (right)

Spec:

Disc #1

Mandarin DTS 5.1, Mandarin 5.1 and Mandarin 2.0

Optional Simplified Chinese subtitles

Anamorphic widescreen

Dual-layered disc 7.43 GB

Runtime: 103 min (PAL / Region All)

Extras: Intro, Making of highlights, Gallery (10 min)

SID: IFPI K156

(The specification printed on cover: DTS-ES, NTSC, Runtime etc are wrong)

Disc #2

Mandarin 2.0 soundtrack

Single-layered disc 4.27 GB

Disc SID: IFPI K191

- Opening ceremony (70 min)

- Behind the scene (9 min)

- Music video (11 min)

- Trailer (3 min)

The 1-Disc DVD9 edition (left) is identical to the Disc #1 in the 2-Disc edition.

Picture quality is ok, not sharp enough. Regarding Sound quality, I no longer own a DTS system and cannot test the DTS track and hopefully there's nothing wrong in it. De Jin's product sometimes have problems in PQ and SQ. And the disc defective rate is 1 out of 10 (freeze, skip etc)

ipman2dvd9.jpgipman2box.jpg

Up to this moment (3rd June), Dejin's Ip Man 2, are the only authorized releases in the market. Quality Blu-ray by HEC should be available in 2 weeks.

The SID of Disc 1 in the 2-Disc edition and the SID of the DVD9 edition, both should read IFPI K156. The code might change from lot to lot. For example, if you buy this DVD few months later, the code might change to K158.

dejinipman2.jpg

ipman2sid.jpg

HEC Blu-ray Editions will be available in couple of days..

Standard edition & Ironpack Limited edition

Standard

ipman2bd.jpg

Ironpack

ipman2bds.jpg

BlurayStation3

Still waiting for the HK versions...

Although, I may get the Dejin 2-disc dvd if there's not going to be any mainland 3-disc version this time.

kingofkungfu2002

Thanks for the heads up...Just ordered the 2-Disc Special Edition :bigsmile:

Am I the only one that was disappointed with this? I thought the first film was far superior. I didn't find the fights nearly as exciting, and the boxer was horrendous. There was WAY too much wire work, with some of it looking incredibly cheesy. Also agree with the person a few posts earlier about the cuts and weird angles..not good at all. I actually found the "behind the scenes" footage of some fights more enjoyable than the fights from the movie. I still found the movie very enjoyable, but I had high expectations that weren't met.

I actually found the "behind the scenes" footage of some fights more enjoyable than the fights from the movie.

I agree with this, I remember watching those clips before the movie came out and they showed uncut footage from the fish market and table fight that were better than in the movie because the camera was further back and there wasn't any editing getting in the way.

Can't say I like some of the MTV-style editing and angle choices we've been seeing in some movies these days.

Archived