R1 Brave Archer Uncut?

m_burlock

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a bad feeling that we won't see this one for awhile... Seeing it backordered (pushed back) on so many websites doesn't look good. :(

It is available at Netflix. It's at the top of my queue with a status of "Long Wait". They probably only have a few copies. I'm curious if Media Blasters used the Brave Archer Lobby Cards I sent them.

I sent Lobby Cards to BCI for all of their releases also. Maybe some of that will be on the DVDs.

I have it on good authority that its release has been pushed back to the "first quarter of 2009," due to a technical problem.

Sentswordsman

Bad news. I have received an email from Deep Discount saying that this title has been "discontinued by the manufacturer."

I hope Media Blasters is not going to close shop as well. My fingers are crossed.

Received an email from Media Blasters concerning Brave Archer. I've summarized it below, I don't think I'm talking out of place by posting this.

There was a techinal problem that delayed the release. The problem was remedied and the release date is April 7th 09. They apologize for the delay but are confident that we will be pleased with the results.

Specs provided for the release:

Running Time: Approximately 121 minutes

2.35:1 Anamorphic (and progressive)

English Mono and newly created 5.1

Mandarin Mono with English Subtitles

English Subtitles: Brand new translation!

Audio Commentary with Asian Film and Pop Culture Critic Brian Camp

Extensive Image Gallery

Shaw Brothers Trailers

The next Shaw title being released is MARTIAL CLUB, which is tentatively scheduled for March.

Audio Commentary with Asian Film and Pop Culture Critic Brian Camp

This sounds interesting. I've read some of Brian's reviews/synops. Very articulate and has a broad knowledge of the SB.

Which is the best Brave Archer film? I've only seen Blast of the Iron Palm and that was pretty bad to me. A review recommendation would be nice, thanks

Guest maskedavenger

If you mods are going to delete my posts about clueless 'critics'/'experts', at least be consistent and delete the posts critizicing Ric Meyers. With this lame heavy handed moderation, it isn't much of a surprise that most of the old timers no longer post here.

And for the record, anyone who doesn't know Run Run is married to Mona is not qualified to be giving a commentary on a Shaw Bros DVD. End of story. But I'm sure the mods will rush in and delete this post yet again. We know who is getting $$$ from Media Blasters.

Hello,

I deleted Masked Avenger's post, not because of his criticism of an "expert", but because his mentioning of another forum member's real identity without permission constitutes a violation of privacy. Hope that clears things up. Sorry to the user masked avenger. I wanted to send him a PM explaining the deletion, but I had to run into a meeting & was stuck there all day.

h

You could've just deleted the name.

Yes, I thought about that too, but only afterwards. Next time, that would probably be the way to go.

Archived