Dragon Force (1982)

Shaolivevil

Anybody know if POWERFORCE aka DRAGON FORCE starring Bruce Baron and Bruce Li is on DVD anywhere, preferably in widescreen?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A german release of this movie is available, those guys usually have great widescreen versions. don't know for sure on this one though, and it only has a german audiotrack.

maby if it's widescreen somebody could add the eng dub to it and there we have it ;)

68211206_1.jpg

I am trying to rewatch all my "old" kungfu movies and after completing few titles ("Iron Angels" series was easy ;-)) I got confused with some "ninja" movie. I do not remember much with exception of bit unusual team of the good guys who were consisting of three (or four) person:

- Asian male lead: being best fighter in the team;

- Caucasian male lead: blond (?) guy- maybe Richard Norton but I could not match with any of his movies;

- Asian female lead: love interest of the Caucasian male lead and sister (?) of the Asian male lead;

- it might be the fourth member of the team - but I am not sure about it and I do not remember his whereabouts;

The movie was "ninja" type story - with some ridiculous (however very cool) sword fights when having the sword was equal to being disarmed ;-). Not sure whether the movie was not beginning with bad ninjas attacking some European/American meeting and killing number of the bodyguards armed with firearms on some kind of the roof. Pretty sure it was 80s movie but it might be easily slightly younger...

Do you know if it was an Asian film? Or was it American-made, like 9 Deaths of the Ninja? Dubbed?

Secret Executioner

First, welcome.

Second: if your film is a Ninja movie with Caucasians made in the 1980s, good luck finding it. There are gazillions of films like that, especially the splice-and-cut directed by good ol' Godfrey Ho (Asian films with unrelated Ninja scenes added to them).

The fact the White guy was blond makes me think of Stuart Steen AKA Stuart Smith, who starred in several films either as a good guy or as a villain.

However, you can ignore this if you have evidence the White guy and the Asians were in the same film (if they appear together in shots for instance, seeing in Godfrey Ho movies the Ninja scenes were shot and added to a completely different Asian movie that was redubbed and there you have your new movie). If the Asian guy was also a Ninja (and appeared in a Ninja outfit), I guess you could try Alexander Lo, who made some Ninja movies like Ninja USA.

I just reviewed a movie which sounds like this. It's called Dragon Force (aka Powerforce). It's not a Godfrey Ho ninja movie, but it does star Bruce Baron, who was another blonde white actor Godfrey Ho used, along with Bruce Li. They are part of a team called "TROUBLE" and one of the other members is a Chinese lady who ends up being Bruce's girlfriend. The movie does start with ninjas kidnapping a European princess and there is also some gunplay.

The DVD I watched was part of VideoAsia's "Dragon Immortal" box set, which I think is OOP (I got it from Netflix). Though I'm sure you can find the whole movie on YouTube - there are a ton of these type of junky 80s stuff on there.

My review:

http://hkfilm.net/dvdrevs/dragonimmortal2.htm

HKMDB entry:

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=6431&display_set=eng

Holy crap neil… LMAO!

What a coincidence! I just watched some of POWER FORCE yesterday night and it came to mind when I read the dude’s post this morning…

What threw me off was he said it had an Asian lead. Lol But I was seriously thinking it.

It’s funny how the movie is english dubbed, even though they’re speaking english. lol

You have nailed it! That's exactly the movie I was looking for - it's cheesy (especially ninja dropping from the sky ;-)) but the fun is still the same (however a bit different one). Thanks a lot - your knowledge is incredible.

Archived