Panna Rittikrai Recommendations

WongFury

I watched Born to fight and a couple others ones, Gerd ma? 3 and Sing something.... out of all the films that he's made people are saying that only a hand full seem to be good, has anyone seen other works that may be good that no one discovered yet, i mean its hard to believe that he's only made a few good ones and all bad ones, i don't know what people expectations are but these are no different to the no budget stuff that people attempt to make today. overall i think what i seen so far is pretty good considering that there was probably no budget at all, I'm curious on if his other titles are on a good scale, does anyone have any recommendations?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thundered mantis

My reccomendations for Panna oldies are:

Gerd Ma Lui I & III

Plook Muen Kah Ma Ka I & II

2 Nuk Soo Poo Ying

Sing Wi Lui

those six are his best (also supposedly Gerd Ma Lui II, but that one is like the rarest movie ever)

Spirited Killer, aka Spirited Warrior (Plook Muen Kah Ma Ka IV) ain´t too bad either, but is not as good as previous six. Plook III is much worse than part IV if you´re curious

i ordered a grip of his old stuff on vcd when they first started popping up, and all follow the same pattern - starts with an impressive action sequence, the usually pretty slow in the middle, then ends with a bang up knockout brawl with stuntmen getting abused in the most horrifically satisfying fashion imaginable. because of this, it's honestly hard to distinguish them one from another. Gerd Ma Lui ones were the best I think.

Archived