Batman 3 (????)

AlbertV

From Dark Horizons:

Warner Bros. president Alan Horn recently spoke to Collider at the premiere of "Yes Man" where he talked about the future of the studio's plans for the various DC superhero movie adaptations.

Most importantly of course is director Chris Nolan's follow-up to "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". Horn says "We've been talking to Chris Nolan and what we have to do is get him in the right place and have him tell us what he thinks the notion might be for a great story, but Chris did a great job and we'd love to have him come back and do another one."

Horn adds "The story is everything and we are very respectful of Chris. We have a wonderful relationship with him and we are going to be respectful of his timing and we want to get it right. Also, I think the fans expect that - they want us to make a terrific movie - we have to give them another great movie."

I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. I hope the third Batman movie really kicks some major butt.

Heard the most ridiculous of rumors a few days and it was shot down on the spot. This was the dumbest rumor ever: Eddie Murphy as Riddler and Shia LeBeouf as Robin!!! Yeah Right!!!

When Chris Nolan announced his plans to re-vamp Batman, he specifically said that he does NOT plan to include Robin at all!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheManInWhite

"Heard the most ridiculous of rumors a few days and it was shot down on the spot. This was the dumbest rumor ever: Eddie Murphy as Riddler and Shia LeBeouf as Robin!!!"

Yeah, that would have been a franchise killer. XD

froffeecoffee

Last Thursday night, Christopher Nolan did a BD live chat and mentioned that David Goyer and him have a great story that they are exploring for the third film. So any and all other announcements should be considered false, unless it comes from Nolan himself. All indications from the chat are that he wants to do something else before he does another Batman film.

The first one establishes Batman, the second one defines Batman. Rather than topping the first two, which may lead to ridiculously over-the-top like the Matrix, I will be just as happy if he can make the third one equally good.

I reckon most villains will seem anticlimactic compared to the ledger's joker.

I think to make this work they would need to come up with a completely fresh plot and possibly create their own villain, most of the villains left in the comics pale in comparison to the joker.

Archived