PAI YU CHING?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yang Wu Liang

Tien Peng is a swordplay DON and this is one of his better films with plenty of intrigue and swordplay action! Not as wacky as Jade Dagger Ninja and not as serious as Love and Sword.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Highly recommended!! by me personally and you better believe it THIS IS ONE OF TIEN PENG'S!!! BEST

Great cast too:-

Tien Peng aka (Roc Tien)

Pai Ying

Wen Chiang Lung (Arch Villain)

Hsu Feng

Blacky Kao

Miao Tien

Ricky Cheng Tien Chi (Venom Posse)

OUR FLK PRINT IS GLASS!!! Letterbox!!!

IFeed.asp?ImageID=307

IFeed.asp?ImageID=308

IFeed.asp?ImageID=309

IFeed.asp?ImageID=310

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I must tell you Mr.Tien Peng IS one of my ALL time favorite actors on the kung fu movie stage.

He has such charisma. Also I see him as one of the most handsome of the male stars. A real presence.

In some of his movies his kung fu skills are depicted in such a no nonsense style of a real Master who only needs a few blows to take care of 90% of his opponents.

Yes he is one of the greats of the genre.

GD Y-Y

Is there another name for this movie besides PAI YU CHING? I may have seen it under another title. Also, that name, Pai Yu Ching, is very familiar. I just checked my file of kung fu film notes and did a search for that name and it's the name of the character Wong Tao plays in THE HOT, THE COOL, AND THE VICIOUS. Did this character figure in other films? Was he based on a real-life figure?

Thanks.

Flashlegs Pete Jr
Is there another name for this movie besides PAI YU CHING? I may have seen it under another title. Also, that name, Pai Yu Ching, is very familiar. I just checked my file of kung fu film notes and did a search for that name and it's the name of the character Wong Tao plays in THE HOT, THE COOL, AND THE VICIOUS. Did this character figure in other films? Was he based on a real-life figure?

Good point my friend so many movies have Chinese folk heroes with the same characters names popping up in many classics...What surprises me are these 3 movies:-

Delightful Forest (1972) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

All Men Are Brothers (1975) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

Tiger Killer (1982) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

All the same characters in different movies but they all seem to add up IMO ...Its likely many of these kung fu characters were possibly Chinese folk heroes that were made into classic movies and of course the storyline were dramatise with fantasy and whatever, to give them a bit of viewers pleasure. It may be fair to say a lot of our favorite kung fu stars play a Chinese folk hero at one time in their acting careers.

I've never heard of an aka for Pai Yu Ching but its possible the character came from an old Chinese folk hero storyline the writer Yue Ham Ping don't seem to have much history with Chinese folk hero stories on level par with someone like Ku Lung notable for writing excellent Chinese folk heroes stories we all love to watch.

Good point my friend so many movies have Chinese folk heroes with the same characters names popping up in many classics...What surprises me are these 3 movies:-

Delightful Forest (1972) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

All Men Are Brothers (1975) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

Tiger Killer (1982) Ti Lung's character he plays -Wu Sung

All the same characters in different movies but they all seem to add up IMO ....

Wu Sung IS the same character in all three movies, plus another one, THE WATER MARGIN (1972), and Ti Lung plays him there as well. Wu Sung was one of the 108 bandits of Liang Shan Mountain in the classic Chinese text, "The Water Margin," aka "Outlaws of the Marsh," written, I believe, in the 14th century. All four of these movies are based on portions of the literary work.

In terms of the story's chronology, TIGER KILLER takes place first, then is immediately followed by the events in DELIGHTFUL FOREST. THE WATER MARGIN takes place later in the saga and ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS is a direct sequel to that.

THE WATER MARGIN was released in a cut English dub version as SEVEN BLOWS OF THE DRAGON (Cut by about 40 min.).

ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS was released in English as SEVEN SOLDIERS OF KUNG FU.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Thanks for the full specs on the Wu Sung character my friend....its always good fun to get an understanding the of the terrific cultural of the Chinese depicted in kung fu movies.....

There is also a MAINLAND version of The Water Margin:-

Marshes of Yang aka Water Margin aka Warriors of The Sung Dynasty

Marshes%20of%20Yang%20aka%20Water%20Margin%20aka%20Warriors%20of%20The%20Sung%20Dynasty.gif

I have never actually watched this movie but I wonder if the Wu Sung character is part of this version anyone seen this yet???

ironfistedmonk

I dont remember Wu Sung in it, if he is it's only a small part. There is some nice action in this, the tournament end fight is great and there is a female fighter who is very handy with the double swords.

silver hermit

i think there was a character dressed up in the wu sung outfit ti lung was wearing in all men are brothers but i don't remember him having any lines but he fights in the tournament ironfistedmonk speaks of. if i remember correctly he was pretty bad as with the 3 section staff.

Yes Wu Song is a very popular folk hero in China, one of my Chinese friends told me he's like the equivalent of someone like King Arthur for the West, every school kid in China knows of him.

Good catch on Pai Yu Ching SamuraiDana, I was thinking that was familair myself.

Archived