Friday The 13th. (New Movie)

daisho2004

froffeecoffee
I really don't know what people were thinking when this came out. Do people expect a Jason movie to be amazing or something, come on its all about a guy in a mask chopping up virgin teenage snot brats.

For reals. The problem for me was it took itself too seriously.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Taking your horror film seriously only works if you actually have a good film on your hands. If it's a load of balls you're as well pissing about with it and going down the exploitation route.

I really don't know what people were thinking when this came out. Do people expect a Jason movie to be amazing or something, come on its all about a guy in a mask chopping up virgin teenage snot brats.

Well I came into it with zero expectations, and came out the same just 12 dollars less in my pocket.

A shit horror movie is the same as a shit movie, the first one was amazing giving the time. I've lost interest in horror all together, there was some great horror classics, but now? Horror remakes is the lazy way out, the genre deserves better.

Let me point to a movie called Dagon made back in 2001, made by the same people that made the Re-Animator and From Beyond, a HP Lovecraft classic, best horror movie I've seen for a while, never even got a US theatrical release.

Watched this last night and I didn't have a problem with it. It wasn't as bad as people say, but it wasn't all that great, either. Aside from having the TCM look about it, I thought it was fairly faithful to the series outside of the exclusion of the recognizable music (although it is heard briefly when Jason gets his hockey mask). You had the typically unlikable teens/young people, more drugs and sex than normal and some subtle homages to the first few entries in the series. Actually, I found the first 24 minutes to be really good. It's a shame the rest of the movie didn't keep with the overly brutal tempo of the extended pre-title sequence. If I were rating it, I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 5.

Well, there is NOT going to be a sequel as originally planned. Platinum Dunes exec Brad Fuller, who produced the original remake tweeted that Friday the 13th Part 2 is officially DEAD!

AlbertV: You say that like its a bad thing! I didn't see the remake, but I heard it sucked anyway!

kungfusamurai

I don't know why it was called a remake, it played more like a sequel. There were so many things in there that weren't in any of the previous films.

KFS

I don't know why it was called a remake, it played more like a sequel. There were so many things in there that weren't in any of the previous films.

KFS

Very true. I thought in all it was a decent movie. I thought it was alot better than Freddy vs. Jason and Jason X. It's ashame that they brought two of the biggest horror icons together and the movie turned out not to be all that great.

AlbertV: You say that like its a bad thing! I didn't see the remake, but I heard it sucked anyway!

LOL...no, but I was sure there might be some people who were to expect a sequel, but when I heard the news, I felt I had to announce it. One site referred the sequel death as "dead as a naked girl with a machete in her back" LOL

Archived