Death Blow aka Thunderfist

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Anyone know if the US release of this horrendous basher was cut?

I have the run time at 84:29 and according to the BBFC the uncut version (as Death Blow) ran 84:56.

A difference of 0:27; though that could be logos and shit.

Just wondering if there was any censorship.

There's an ass shot and a glimpse of a nipple... no obvious cuts for violence that I noticed.

Whomever was responsible for that (non-original) ghastly music score should be strung up by the testicles.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Killer Meteor

• luckystars

• thedirtytiger

• Shaolivevil

Killer Meteor

I saw the US trailer for this and it proclaims it to be "High action kung fu for the entire family!!!" Oddly for a 70s kung fu flick, it only got a PG in the US

Doesn't look very promising!

Guest Markgway

Yeah, t'was a 'PG' according to the MPAA.

But a "70s" 'PG' in the US could be an 'R' today.

The brief female ass shot would be OK in a PG-13; the nipple shots would probably be snipped to avoid an R. (You saw the reaction to Janet Jackson!)

More problematic would be the fact that the girl in question is sexually assaulted. Not raped, but stripped and molested. That would be an automatic 'R'.

The violence isn't gory, but people have the shit kicked out of them and the bad guys gets his throat crushed. More 'R' material.

Fun for the family? Bollocks to that.

If you're desperate you can have my copy... but be warned it's baaaaad.

There's an uncut version of this film?!

I have a VHS copy of THUNDERFIST I got from a video store closing sale back in the early 90's. To me, the film was average at best, I've seen better but I most certainly have seen worse. The final fights at the end just took too damn long. It was funny seeing Wei Ping Ao in a strange-looking moustache as the inept chief of police. I actually dug the music some, particularly the tune in the opening.

Anyone know where to find this on DVD in widescreen?

Guest Markgway
There's an uncut version of this film?!

That uncut run time was based on the cinema version submitted to the BBFC. The BBFC made censor cuts before it's actual release back in the mid-70s when it was given a 'X'. Never released on video in the UK to my knowledge. Clearly even if the US print (Thunderfist) was cut it wasn't by much. No more than 30 secs. But unless someone here has seen it as Death Blow there's no way of knowing. As I said the time discrepency could be down to missing logos.

Killer Meteor

is this film AKA Shadow of the Dragon. There's a trailer under that title on a video trailer compilation and it seems to share some of same cast