best copy of mystery of chess boxing?

Guest Dahnamics

Guest Dahnamics

i only seen the tai seng version around.. is there a widescreen or maybe even remastered copy runnin around somwhere? 0]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

there is a widescreen copy that many members of the forum have, but its not offial.....its got the tracking numbers and all that still on it.

according to my man Linn1, Media Blasters were going to release it to follow up 7 Grandmasters that they released a few years back, which wouldve been of equal quality (2.35:1, cleaner print, etc) but because of rights issues and i think fear of bootlegging, they pulled it. but Linn can break it down better than i can.

Brigadier Chow

FLK was rumored to have a wide subbed version, but this was never verified. Being that FLK does not sell rares any more, this may remain a mystery. Hopefully some company will buy the rights and remaster it like Mei Ah did for 7 Grandmasters.

Guest chen lung

...broadcast at the DDUK Film Festival back in Febuary (Mandarin 2:35:1 with traditional English/Chinese subs) ;) .

Hopefully rights issues will be cleared and maybe Rarescope (if they can swipe it off Dragon DVD) can release the 35mm in the collectors hands.

Ocean Shores are plain stupid. I don't think bootlegging was as much an issue here, unlike a Fortune Star contract where Hapkido was to be released in a nicely packaged legal version by Media Blasters, forcing all of it to be cancelled when Red Sun released their ugly DVD shortly after unofficial announcements on forums.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

I heard Soulblade/Dragon have the UK rights to MOCB but they have a full screen print, Rarescope guy has a wide print but not the UK rights, but alas it seems that never the twain shall meet in this case.

The DDUK film festival print was nice

Guest chen lung

...Toby would have owned a print:b . But yes, the twain never does meet:lol .

Hope a deal could be worked out between the two parties. After all, not doing much good business at the moment in a lousy DVD.

I've always quite liked Joseph Kuo flicks. Would like to see 'The Eight Masters' done up.

how about this;fullscreen english dub vhs (bootleg?) with dutch subtitles and states it`s shaw brothers production.

chesstu0.jpg

Archived