BCI's Advantage Collection

HAZ

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has picked up the "Advantage Collections" from BCI? This one looks cool. Does anyone know if any of the movies in these collections appear in widescreen?

This is the "Urban Assault" collection:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.547702/qx/details.htm

This is the "Masters Of Martial Arts" Collection:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.548744/qx/details.htm

Has anyone seen the movies from the "Lethal Ladies" collection? I'm only familiar with the Sue Shiomi films.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.547487/qx/details.htm

Thanks for any info!

h

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be also curious to know about the quality standards of these collections. I bought a couple mill creek sets & the DVD's wouldn't play at all.

BlurayStation3

Just opened up Lethal Ladies.

Only Sister Street Fighter, Dragon Princess, and Women in Cell Block 7 are in anamorphic 2:35:1 widescreen. The video quality varies.

For example, Sister Street Fighter is exactly the same as the one released in The Sister Street Fighter Collection set. It has menus, Japanese 5.1/Japanese mono/English, English subtitle, trailers. The video quality is very good.

Dragon Princess does not have menus (movie starts playing after the FBI/BCI logo screens), no trailers, English dubbed. This version is widescreen and is much better looking than the one in The 10 Faces of Sonny Chiba set, although there are faint vertical lines (don't know the terminology). I suppose they couldn't get it to look any better due to the age of the movie. This Lethal Ladies version is the same one in the Sonny Chiba Collection: http://www.amazon.com/Sonny-Chiba-Collection/dp/B000WC38PK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1229280357&sr=8-1

Keep in mind that I've only watched for a few minutes while skipping through chapters. I think only Sister Street Fighter and Dragon Princess are martial arts movies, judging by the descriptions of the other movies in the set. High Kicks barely qualify; which by the way is one of the corniest movies I've ever seen.

There's also another Flicks with Kicks coming out January 6th. Cover says 10 discs but thats an error as there are only 8 movies listed. Most of those are duds. I have only seen Love & Sword and Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu, which I did not like that much.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.549470/qx/details.htm

Druken Dragon is like a Yuen Clan film & Elimination Pursuit was pretty bugged out.

Druken Dragon is like a Yuen Clan film & Elimination Pursuit was pretty bugged out.

So does that mean you liked them? I know the vid quality for Elimination Pursuit is shitty. Morgoth says he liked that one. Anybody else can vouch for this movie?

Killer Meteor
So does that mean you liked them? I know the vid quality for Elimination Pursuit is shitty. Morgoth says he liked that one. Anybody else can vouch for this movie?

Its a worn print, but not the worst DVD I've seen. Film wise, its quite good

Whoops! I forgot to mention that I liked those 2. Love & Sword was okay for me.

The Flicks with Kicks 2 pack has the early Jackie Chan work, Master with Cracked Fingers, which has been released numerous times before.

Also, the original Flicks with Kicks seems to be made up of the Rarescope releases. Did they stop releasing those singly?

shaolin drunkard
The Flicks with Kicks 2 pack has the early Jackie Chan work, Master with Cracked Fingers, which has been released numerous times before.

Unfortunately that is likely original "cub tiger from kwantung" which is poor quality."Cracked Fingers" with new footage is lot superior movie and I do not have it:(

Flicks with kicks is all the rarescope releases. The discs are identical to the rarescope disc. I wonder if Black Dragon is widescreen in the urban assult pack, or if there are any widescreen films in the collection? I have the chiba & sister street fighter box sets, so I guess I don't need Lethal Ladies.

Drunken Dragon is not a Yuen Clan movie. It's very similar in style tho.

Archived