The "Lucky Stars" movies...

lillippa328

what do yall think of these movies? I have seen the first 2...but how are the other 3?The first 2 are pretty good, but a little too much comedy and too less fighting for my likes....

• Like 1

Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars has the best action, in my opinon. But, I think My Lucky Stars is the best all around. Lucky Stars Go Places is a little less than okay, but it is enjoyable. Winners and Sinners is great. Retun of... is just a lot of fun, the funniest in the series, but no Sammo means that the action from the others is missing.

• Like 1

Overall I really like the first 3, but the actions scenes are the only parts that get repeated viewing. The car crash scene in Winners and Sinners is one of my favorite HK movie scenes. So over the top, and soooo funny:D

I remember being kind of shocked watching the second one where the guys are discussing raping that chick in shower, but it was kind of funny.

The third one I was starting to get sick of this gang of rejects trying to cop a feel in ever scene. The action is still worth watching, but the gags get tiresome.

• Like 1

I loved Winners and Sinners (the scene where Wu Ma, as the mailman, sees Richard Ng naked because Ng thinks he is invisible, was hilarious).

My Lucky Stars is my favorite of the bunch. The robber gag plus the action was definitely top notch.

Loved Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars as well, but only for the action. The comic relief wasn't as good as the previous installment, but the action's kicked up a notch.

Lucky Stars Go Places, decent and watchable, but didn't have the charm that made the previous films what it was. Yet I did like Sammo Hung's climatic fight against Japanese superkicker Tetsuya Matsui, plus his chemistry with Karl Maka was funny at times.

• Like 1

Winners and Sinners is the most genuinely funny of the three, IMO. Which makes sense, since this is the first. The action is just ok as far as fight scenes go. The fighting scene in the party where Exhaust Pipe dances around the guy and barely touches the baddie, cracks me up every time.

My Lucky Stars, like others have said, doesn't do anything the best, but it hits all the right notes and is the best all around movie in the series.

Twinkle Twinkle is just outrageous and bizarre. But its a hell of a lot of fun too. Any movie with tranny assassins and para-gliding bazooka-shooting hit-men is tops in my book. I love the ending.

I haven't seen any of the others after the main three.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've never seen any of them after "Twinkle Twinkle". I've heard things about "Lucky Stars Go Places", but how are the other two?

• Like 1

Best comedy scene: My Lucky Stars the restaurant scene with the mushroom: classic!

Best fight scene: Twinkle Twinkle the obvious one

Best Chick: Cherie Chung in winners and sinners

• Like 1

i like them but my favorites are definitely my lucky stars, winners and sinners (so hilarious), and twinkle twinkle lucky stars for the action and more yuen biao scenes.

i love sammo in all of them. off-topic, but kung fu panda's Po reminds me of sammo.

• Like 1

Best comedy scene: My Lucky Stars the restaurant scene with the mushroom: classic!

This scene is all the more funny when watched in Eng. Dub from the Fox release. The Japenese waiter dub had my friends and I rolling in laughter. We often quote this scene in passing.

"Ah haha Coffee!"

My Lucky Stars: my favorite.

Winners & Sinners: A funny movie, the invisible gag is almost as good as the Restaurant scene mentioned above.

Twinkle Twinkle: Too messy, but has a great opening and closing. Not really worth owning IMO

• Like 1

littlefuzzy

I can't remember which one I saw (the IMDB original title started with "Fuk"), but it had Jackie Chan in an Arale costume from Dr. Slump. I thought the movie was great, and I need to get the rest of them. (Ahh, it was My Lucky Stars).

I *HAD* that one, but it was one of the Fox Fortune Star releases, and had edits, or dubtitles or something, and I got rid of it in preparation for a non-region 1 release.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Only have Winners And Sinners (which I found was great) and My Lucky Stars (which I have yet to watch so far). Hadn't heard of other movies, except for people mentioning Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars.

Winners And Sinners has some great comedy indeed: the scene in the opening with Sammo as a robber, the invisible scene, the giant pile up (and Jackie's reactions to this and being told about the damage he caused), the guys trying to get the chick at the fair/amusement park... So many great scenes - and very enjoyable characters to go with that (for some reason, I find Sammo's to be very likeable).

• Like 1

Winners & Sinners is a classic so of course it's the best overall. My Lucky Stars has great action and some funny moments but they went too hard with the comedy, and the setting doesn't feel right for a Lucky Stars film. Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars was pretty much like My Lucky Stars (stretching the already tiring humor) but alternates between Thailand and Hong Kong and once again displays great action. Lucky Stars Go Places has good action but is a half-failed attempt of a crossover film between both the Lucky Stars and Aces Go Places franchises.

• Like 1

I have all three films from the original trilogy on DVD. My favorite is Winners and Sinners. My Lucky Stars is okay. It has a great opening and great fight scenes, but I felt like the rest was a little boring. Twinkle Twinkle has the best action and is probably my second favorite of the series. The comedy is pretty repetitive, but it's easy even to get through.

I haven't seen any of the other movies in the series, but I'm only really interested in Lucky Stars Go Places because I love watching the Aces Go Places series.

• Like 1

I am a sucker for great action but even if the fights are as good as they are in the LUCKY STAR-movies they still can't save the terrible movies they are in. The humor is cringeworthy in every regard, the characters are unlikable douches and assholes, a story is almost non-existent. Yeah, I watched these flicks a couple of times just for the fantastic showdowns (even GHOST PUNTING) but perhaps it was time that could've been spent on better movies.

• Like 1

Cognoscente
On 8/30/2014 at 6:24 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Winners And Sinners has some great comedy indeed: the scene in the opening with Sammo as a robber, the invisible scene, the giant pile up (and Jackie's reactions to this and being told about the damage he caused), the guys trying to get the chick at the fair/amusement park... So many great scenes - and very enjoyable characters to go with that (for some reason, I find Sammo's to be very likeable).

I like that scene because it was like watching a parody of CHiPs.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

I revisited the first three movies recently and found them quite hard to reviews except for Winners and SinnersWinners and Sinners is a complete package of genuinely great comedy and awesome action. The other two? Not so much. While they have great action, the comedy is pretty grating or just plain unfunny.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, Cognoscente said:

I wish Sammo had done Winners and Sinners 2 instead of My Lucky Stars 2.

erm winners and sinners is the english title..its in fact the first lucky stars movie

• Like 3