Hard Gun (Tony Jaa)

daisho2004

Hard Gun:

OK I came across this movie being released on DVD starring Tony Jaa has anyone heard of it?

DVD Release Date: January 6, 2009

Product Description

Martial Arts superstar Tony Jaa (Spirited Killer, The Protector, Ong Bak) costars with his mentor and trainer Panna Rittikrai in this non-stop action assault on your senses. In an a-typical role for Jaa, Tony plays the villian, along with Rittikrai, being hunted down by police after pulling a robbery.

51r1%2BDbqx0L._SS500_.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I watched this last night and can confirm it is not MISSION HUNTER 2. Tony Jaa plays Panna Rittikrai's right hand man in this and they are both criminals looking to avenge the death of Panna's brother.

The movie is pretty boring until the last 15 minutes when Jaa gets to show off his skills. Panna doesn't have a single fight scene, instead he runs around shooting guns all the time.

Here is a bit from the final fight with Jaa using a staff that is pretty impressive:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The DVD cover says it is dubbed and letterboxed at 1.78:1. In actuality, you have the option of watching it dubbed or in Thai with English subs and the film is widescreen at 2.35:1. Check out this amazing dubbing!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

udar that looks like a pass, thanks for the heads up

out of curiousity, you imply there's some shooting, i've never seen paana stage a gun fight before... how is it?

out of curiousity, you imply there's some shooting, i've never seen paana stage a gun fight before... how is it?

Very bad. Guys just pointing and firing single shots repeatedly as his target rolls around. The only amusing thing is that the 6-shooter guns have an endless supply of bullets.

Besides a few ridiculously painful stunts here and there, ALL of these old Panna and Jaa films are garbage (imo)! Unwatchable without a quick finger on the FF button.

I'm looking for the movie in the pic below, any chance of finding this? I've been looking around Klong-tom in Bangkok but no luck. Any information would be appreciated. I saw this movie back in 1991 when I lived in the USA, I rented it from Thai Supermarket.

m00467.jpg

vismistananda

I haven't heard of this movie, thanks to you mate in sharing this one.

The fighting scenes are kinda bit copied from other movies I've seen, but still it is a kickass scenes.

Yes, Tony Jaa can use a staff, he'd train a bit of wushu.

Watch Ong Bak 2 to see what I mean.

The Silver Fox

I wish I had of seen this thread before I made the mistake of buying Hard Gun. The cover art is totally deceiving, it looks like a movie in the style of Hardboiled, Infernal Affairs etc. In the very least I was expecting a decent crime thriller with some excellent martial arts.

Instead, it is a very amateurish action/comedy that has a couple of decent fights towards the end. Tony Jaa is barely in the movie yet he is featured prominently on the cover. Seriously, I can't even give a synopsis of the movie because even thinking about it is nauseating. BCI are should acquire some decent titles instead of marketing this crap Do not buy this movie.

Check out this amazing dubbing!

I didn't know the Thai's spoke fluent redneck.

Figured this would be like the Spirited Killer dvd, just a way to cash in on Jaa's name, both these movies probably had a combined budget of nothing.

Archived