My Bloody Valentine- uncut dvd

daTOAD

For all the slashers fans out there , finally we will be treated to the uncut version of My BLoody Valentine on dvd this Feb.. This is one of my favorite all time slashers.I personally have been waiting for years for this and never thought the uncut footage would see the light of day, thanks to Paramount's policies. Now that they can release MBV uncut, I have hope they will do the same for the F13th movies since it has a remake coming soon also[ looks great].

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the trailers to both remakes. I do like the Friday the 13th remake trailer. They show a more fast and frenetic Jason rather than the slow walking zombified version of the previous films. I think Derek Mears will make a great Jason. There may be some spec, but Michael Bay said that there are no sequels planned for F13 as he plans to start and end it with this one.

As for My Bloody Valentine, I am looking forward to both the remake and the uncut version. It was always one of my favorite slasher films with the killer being quite a surprise in the end of the original. Can't wait to see how they play this one out.

I have to say I too was impressed by the trailers. Both films actually look good. To me Jason always was a scarry looking dude, but he looks even scarier in the remake. Cant wait. As a big slasher film fan i actually wouldnt mind sequels for this if the remakes are as good as they look.

Lionsgate is releasing this. Initially they weren't putting out the uncut version but including the cut footage as an extra claiming it would be too difficult to incorporate the scenes back into the film without costing a lot of money.

Apparently, judging by comments I've read elsewhere, Lionsgate was flooded with enough hate mail to reinstate the footage. Some prints of the film that have been playing the festival circuit recently include some of the cut gore that was removed for the theatrical and video releases.

Even the Japanese LD was the same cut version as the US counterpart. I have some old Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines that feature articles about the movie and there's pics of some of the murders that aren't in the movie.

Yeah and this is a MBV Where are they now bit!!! Neil Affleck (no relation to Ben), who played Axel in the original film is now a director of children's programming!!! I saw his name credited as director on a show on Noggin and I checked IMDB and it is confirmed!!! To go from MBV to kiddie programming...what a jump! LOL

I'm also a fan of the original and can't wait for the release uncut,but I got too say MBV3D is one hell of ride a well deserve remake and an instant classic! :)

kungfusamurai

I was originally planning on checking out My Bloody Valentine 3D in the theatre this weekend, and waiting until next week to watch Friday 13th. It's Valentine's weekend, so I thought it would be appropriate. Unfortunately, when I got to the theatre, they had replaced the 3D version of the film with a regular because some kids' movie was now the 3D film to play! Darnit! Why can't these multiplexes carry more than one movie in 3D at the same time! :(

KFS

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Okay, so the wife and I watched the DVD release of the original, uncut version, of MY BLOODY VALENTINE a few weeks ago. I remember reading Fangoria and FM magazines- as Venoms5 mentioned- back in the day, and being extremely disappointed that the MPAA had hacked all the hacking out of the film. So I was really looking forward to seeing this fun, nostalgia inducing horror flick- uncut- finally. Damn! It did not let us down. The FX were both realistic (Tom Burman!) and extremely advanced for their time. I was thoroughly impressed. The movie was a lot more fun than either of us remembered, and had both amusingly cheesy acting and dialogue, and some good old fashioned scares. Tonight we watched the DVD of MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D. The 3D FX were excellent, the film was intense, scary, had some great jump in your seat moments, and kept you guessing the whole time. The slasher film sub-genre is far from Shakespeare, but we thought this was a great film of it's kind. Highly recommended to horror fans. The DVD came with 4 pairs of 3D glasses, and includes both the 3D and regular 2D versions of the movie. Haven't watched the extras yet, but will soon.

I both BOTH DVDs of the Special Edition original (where you have the option of seeing the gore in the film or as deleted scenes) and the remake. There is a rarity where horror film remakes are worthy of their predecessors and this is one of those rarities. While the original is a little better in overall storyline (the love triangle definitely stands out in the original better than the remake), the remake has its tense moments and seeing both the 3-D and 2-D versions, I got a kick out of the 3-D in the dark with everything coming right at you.

I'm with KUNG FU BOB on this one!!! :bigsmile:

Archived