Punisher: War Zone (2008)

Way of the Dragon

Saw it and thought it was the best vigilante movie ever made. And I've seen 'em all. The only reason it bombed is because the Tom Jane Punisher stunk on ice. Stevenson IS Frank Castle, he's not some vapid pussy like Jane, who's Punisher sulks and works on his abs.

A nasty, violent, unrepentant hero who doesn't hesitate to shoot an unarmed mafioso in the face. Kind of a miracle in these Kumbaya, Peace at any price wussfests that pose as action movies these days.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, Happy New Year to everybody.

"absolutely, to capitalize on every single person that said 'hey this doesn't look like something i'd go out of my way to see in the theater, but i like dumb action movies so i might rent it if i ever see it in blockbuster'. "

I may be a little cynical, but I feel most people "waiting " to see it on video are the ones who will download it for free[although if released during a slow month, I think it'd do well on video also]. Its not a good sign that no screeners or foreign dvds have popped up. As much as Id love to see it come out in Feb.[by that time MBV 3-D and F13th will have hit and peoples bloodthirst restarted so maybe they will be feeling the gory PWZ], but realistically I dont see it hitting DVD til April or May -if then.

OK I finally got to watch this movie the other night and I was like WOW very dark and extremely violent didn't see that coming compared to the 1st. (2) movies. I like Stevenson I think he was a great Punisher but also I thought Dolph was very good in the 1st. movie also.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

The newest film version of THE PUNISHER (WARZONE) was torn apart by everyone, so I went in expecting it to suck. I was an avid reader of the comics, so I assumed I would be disappointed too. Surprise, it was 100% entertaining, and fairly faithful to the source. And they didn't hold back on the carnage either. People were decapited, stabbed through the head with knives, had their legs shot off, were set on fire, run through with a spear, heads were splattered, and dudes were even shot with a grenade launcher!!! Well worth seeing.

The downside is that there was a lot of over-acting, and they should've shown the Punisher using a little more martial arts techniques in his fights (which was the best part of the Dolph Lundgren version), but for a US B-movie, it's leaps and bounds better than TRANSPORTER 3.

i liked it more than Transporter3 as well

like i said before, it was dumb as rocks but in the most entertaining way possible

parkour vs rocket launcher is still one of my fave movie moments of 08

Archived