..The Golden Sword

..The Lady Hermit

..The Shadow Whip

..The Thundering Sword

thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen all of them. I don't remember THE GOLDEN SWORD much. I'd have to look up my notes to see what I thought. But I enjoyed all the others very much, esp. LADY HERMIT and SHADOW WHIP. LADY HERMIT also has strong roles for Shih Szu and Lo Lieh. SHADOW WHIP has Ku Feng as a villain. It has scenes set in snow country, so the setting is something of a change-of-place. THUNDERING SWORD was later remade by Chor Yuen as WEB OF DEATH (1976).

But I could definitely sit through all of these again without any hesitation.

shaolin drunkard

Stay away from thundering sword.It starts quite ok but towards the end it`s like very bad soap opera.If you can find it for 1$ barely worth investing.

Haven't seen Golden Sword.

Shadow Whip---is an extremely fun movie, with it's snowy winter setting and "whip" action. Some silly wire-work, but still a very entertaining movie (and they use some of the great score from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service."

That Fiery Girl---I remember liking it, but nothing else comes back to me. I think I only watched it once, and thought it was solid.

Lady Hermit----Excellent swordplay, great team up with Pei Pei and Shih Szu, I really liked this one.

Thundering Sword---Of all the 100+ Shaw movies that I saw for the first time as blind buys, this was one of the few that I threw in the garbage after watching. Maybe I'm just nit-picky, but in a swordplay movie, I expect some SWORDPLAY!! :mad:

Fiery Girl I remember liking. I really liked Lady Hermit. Thundering Sword was good for the first 30 min & went downhill from there. Shadow Whip put me to sleep! Couldn't finish it. Golden Sword...rings a bell...I'll have to check.

TheManInWhite

That Fiery Girl was very good I thought. I have to get around to watching Lady Hermit which I hear is excellent. Only watched the first few minutes of Shadow Whip so I guess I should get around to seeing it in whole. Didn't see Thundering Sword (which might be a good thing judging from these comments) or Golden Sword.

Archived