All R1 Celestials...labels/titles/dates?

DrunkenMantis13

DrunkenMantis13

Basically i'm trying to get most of the R1 releases of the Shaw Bros remasters. Or at least keep an eye on all that's available and get most of them.

Is there a topic or place when it's all listed? If not can you guys help? I think having a topic like this is quite useful...

So i know of Image, Dragon Dynasty, Media Blasters, BCI, Well's Go. Any others? And which of these are gonna have Blu-Ray's?

I know most of the titles form Image and DD but am not really up to date with the others.

I'd like to know what out and what's coming soon/when...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

Shaw Brother's Releases: (recent update to include many more films; all R1 releases are below if you are interested). This does not include R1 coproductions (ones where Celestial does not have the rights).

R1 Info:

Dragon Dynasty:

Here are all the Shaw Brother's DD has the rights too: http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/11/hkc...on-dynasty.html .

June 19, 2007: The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (DD 11)

June 19, 2007: King Boxer (DD 12) (aka Five Fingers Of Death)

June 19, 2007: The One-Armed Swordsman (DD 13)

June 19, 2007: My Young Auntie (DD 14)

May 27, 2008: Come Drink With Me (DD 27)

May 27, 2008: Heroes Of The East (DD 28) (aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja)

Aug. 18, 2009: The 5 Deadly Venoms (DD 38)

Mar. 2, 2010: The 36th Chamber of Shaolin [blu-ray] (DD 1)

Mar. 2, 2010: Return To The 36th Chamber (DD 40)

June 29, 2010: Return of the One-Armed Swordsman (DD 42)

Sept. 14, 2010: Return of 5 Deadly Venoms (DD 44) (aka Crippled Avengers)

Oct. 12, 2010: The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter (DD 43)

Nov. 16, 2010: Shaolin Mantis (DD 45)

Dec. 7, 2010: Disciples of the 36th Chamber (DD 46)

May 17, 2011: Five Deadly Venoms [blu-ray] (DD 15)

Aug. 9, 2011: Five Shaolin Masters (DD 47)

Aug. 9, 2011: Executioner From Shaolin (DD 48)

Aug. 9, 2011: Mad Monkey Kung Fu (DD 49)

Aug. 9, 2011: Martial Arts of Shaolin (DD 50)

Sept. 13, 2011: Golden Swallow (DD 51)

Sept. 13, 2011: Blood Brothers (DD 52)

Sept. 13, 2011: Killer Clan (DD 53)

Sept. 13, 2011: Avenging Eagle (DD 54)

Nov. 29, 2011: Flying Guillotine (DD 55)

Nov. 29, 2011: Flying Guillotine 2 (DD 56)

Combo release:

Oct. 4, 2011: Dragon Dynasty's Ultimate Kung Fu 4pk Box Set (Five Shaolin Masters, Executioner from Shaolin, Jet Li: Martial Arts of Shaolin and Mad Monday Kung Fu)

Mar. 27, 2012: Dragon Dynasty Collection-Volume 2 (The Avenging Eagle, Blood Brothers, Golden Swallow, Killer Clans)

Apr. 24, 2012: Dragon Dynasty Double Feature 1 (The Avenging Eagle, Blood Brothers)

Apr. 24, 2012: Dragon Dynasty Double Feature 2 (Golden Swallow, Killer Clans)

Image/Celestial: They are out of the films they have R1 rights too. Will they get more? Not sure.

Sept. 12, 2006: Black Magic

Oct. 3, 2006: Super Inframan

Nov. 7, 2006: The Water Margin

Nov. 21, 2006: The Boxer's Omen

Dec. 12, 2006: The Cave of the Silken Web

Jan. 9, 2007: Legendary Weapons Of China

Feb. 6, 2007: Have Sword, Will Travel

Feb. 20, 2007: The Wandering Swordsman

Mar. 20, 2007: Vengeance Is a Golden Blade

April 3, 2007: The Shadow Whip

May 8, 2007: Heaven & Hell

July 3, 2007: The Bells Of Death

Nov. 6, 2007: The Deadly Breaking Sword

Dec. 4, 2007: The Killer Snakes

Feb. 12, 2008: Shaolin Intruders

Mar. 11, 2008: The Magic Blade

April 22, 2008: Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan

June 10, 2008: Human Lanterns

July 8, 2008: Bat Without Wings

Aug. 12, 2008: Kiss of Death

Sept. 9, 2008: House of Traps

Oct 7, 2008: Corpse Mania

Nov. 11, 2008: Thunderbolt Fist

Dec 2, 2008 : Seeding of a Ghost

Jan. 6, 2009: The Lizard

Feb. 3, 2009: The Magnificent Trio

Mar. 17, 2009: Lost Souls

Aug. 11, 2009: King Eagle

Sept. 15, 2009: The Shadow Boxer

Nov. 10, 2009: Disciples of Shaolin

Combo release:

Feb. 12, 2008: Four Swords: Shaw Brothers 4-Disc Collection (Vengeance Is a Golden Blade / The Water Margin / The Wandering Swordsman / Have Sword Will Travel)

June 2, 2009: Legendary Heroes: Box Set (Shaolin Intruders, The Shadow Whip, The Deadly Breaking Sword, Legendary Weapons Of China)

Well Go:

July 15, 2008: Brother's Five

July 15, 2008: Two Champions of Shaolin

Sept. 16, 2008: Journey Of The Doomed

Sept. 16, 2008: The Heroic Ones

Jan. 06, 2009: Battle Wizard

Mar. 17, 2009: The Duel of the Century

Aug. 18, 2009: Brave Archer and His Mate

Sept. 1, 2009: Holy Flame of The Martial World

Feb. 2, 2010: The Delightful Forest

Feb. 2, 2010: Heroes Shed No Tears

Apr. 6, 2010: Brother's Five [blu-ray]

Apr. 6, 2010: The Heroic Ones [blu-ray]

Apr. 6, 2010: The Delightful Forest [blu-ray]

Sept. 14, 2010: All Men Are Brothers [blu-ray]

Sept. 14, 2010: All Men Are Brothers

Jan. 18, 2011: Jade Tiger

Feb. 15, 2011: Web of Death

Feb. 15, 2011: Web of Death [blu-ray]

Apr. 24, 2012: Duel of Fists

Apr. 24, 2012: Swordsman & Enchantress

Jan. 28, 2014: Legend of the Bat

Jan. 28, 2014: Death Duel

Dec. 9, 2014: The Shadow Boxing

Dec. 9, 2014: The Trail of the Broken Blade

Combo release:

April 7, 2009: Shaw Brothers Collection (The Heroic Ones, The Battle Wizard, The Duel of the Century and Two Champions of Shaolin)

Aug. 25, 2009: Shaw Brothers Collection II (Brothers Five, Brave Archer and His Mate, Holy Flame of the Martial World, Journey of the Doomed)

Nov. 17, 2009: Shaw Brothers Metal Tin: Epic Heroes (4 DVDs and T-Shirt Offer) (Heroes Shed No Tears, The Heroic Ones, The Delightful Forest, Two Champions of Shaolin)

Tokyo Shock: (numbered series)

April 8, 2008: Heroes Two (1)

May 13, 2008: The Master (2)

July 29, 2008: Challenge of The Masters (3)

Sept. 30, 2008: Deadly Duo (4)

Mar 31, 2009: Martial Club (6)

April 7, 2009: The Brave Archer (5) (technical issues pushed this back)

May 26, 2009: Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung (7)

June 16, 2009: Black Magic 2 (8)

Aug. 25, 2009: The Flag of Iron (9)

Jan. 26, 2010: Five Element Ninjas (10) (technical issues pushed this back)

May 11, 2010: The Kid WIth The Golden Arm (11) (technical issues ...)

May 11, 2010: Deadly Duo[blu-ray] (technical issues pushed this back)

Aug. 2, 2010: Heroes Two[blu-ray]

Mar. 29, 2011: Iron Bodyguard (12) (technical issues pushed this back)

Postponed: Iron Bodyguard[blu-ray]

June 28, 2011: Lion vs Lion (14)

March 13, 2012: Five Element Ninjas[blu-ray]

Postponed: Brave Archer 2 (?)

Postponed: The Magnificent Ruffians (?)

Combo release:

Oct. 7, 2008: Double Feature: Heroes Two/The Master

BCI:

Jan. 6, 2009: Life Gamble

Jan. 6, 2009: Life Gamble -- Blu-ray (does anyone have this?)

Jan. 6, 2009: Opium and the Kung Fu Master

Jan. 6, 2009: Opium and the Kung Fu Master -- Blu-ray

They had signed a deal with Celestial Pictures to release 15 films during 2009.

The titles are:

Life Gamble, Opium and the Kung Fu Master, The 14 Amazons, Shaolin Hand Lock, Hong Kong Godfather,

Shaolin Prince, Invincible Shaolin, The Bastard Swordsman, The Duel, Return of the Bastard Swordsman,

Shaolin Rescuers, Soul of the Sword, The Lady Hermit, The Supreme Swordsman, The Sword of Swords

However, the company went under and the rights were picked up by Funimation.

Funimation:

Mar. 23, 2010: The 14 Amazons

Mar. 23, 2010: Shaolin Hand Lock

Apr. 27, 2010: Hong Kong Godfather

Apr. 27, 2010: Opium and the Kung-Fu Master (yes the same movie)

June 1, 2010: Life Gamble (yes the same movie)

June 1, 2010: Invincible Shaolin

Aug. 3, 2010: Shaolin Prince

Aug. 3, 2010: The Duel

Nov. 9, 2010: Shaolin Rescuers

Nov. 9, 2010: Soul of the Sword

Dec. 7, 2010: Bastard Swordsman

Dec. 7, 2010: Return of Bastard Swordsman

Jan. 4, 2011: The Sword of Swords

Jan. 4, 2011: The Supreme Swordsman

Feb. 15, 2011: The Lady Hermit

Combo release:

Dec. 7, 2010: Shaw Brother's Triple Threat (Invincible Shaolin, Life Gamble, Shaolin Prince) [HKFlix Released Early; link no longer works]

Dec. 21, 2010: Shaw Brother's Triple Threat (Invincible Shaolin, Life Gamble, Shaolin Prince)

TheManInWhite

DD has also released 36th Chamber of Shaolin and King Boxer. I thought they put out One Armed Swordsman as well.

masterofoneinchpunch

My goodness you people don't read :D, I wrote on the top: "Here's a post I have on another site. I will eventually get around to finishing it." I started it in April, but have not backtracked.

My goodness you people don't read :D, I wrote on the top: "Here's a post I have on another site. I will eventually get around to finishing it." I started it in April, but have not backtracked.

ya i read it thats why i didnt post wat the list was missing either :P

masterofoneinchpunch

Shaw Brother's Releases: (recent update to include many more films; all R1 releases are below if you are interested). This does not include R1 coproductions (ones where Celestial does not have the rights).

R1 Info:

Notes: if it states stereo I put it as mono.

MM = Mandarin Mono or Stereo

EM = English Mono or Stereo

SS = Spanish Subtitles

CS = Chinese Subtitles

Dragon Dynasty:

Here are all the Shaw Brother's DD has the rights too: http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/11/hkc...on-dynasty.html .

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (DD 11) MM, CM, EM, SS, Commentary Andy Klein, The Rza, Shaolin: A Hero Birthplace, Interview with Star Gordon Liu, Interview with Film Critic/Scholars David Chute & Andy Klein, Interview with The RZA, Trailer Gallery (The 36th Chamber of Shaolin Trailers: Original, New TV Commercial) (Other Films from these Filmmakers: Disciples of the 36th Chamber (Original), Eight-Diagram Pole Fighter (Original), Five Shaolin Masters (New), Legendary Weapons of China (New), Return to the 36th Chamber (Original), Shaolin Mantis (Original)) (Shaw Bros. Films Currently Available: One-Armed Swordsman(Original), King Boxer(New), My Young Auntie(Original)) (Dragon Dynasty Trailers: Born to Fight, Infernal Affairs 3, Seven Swords); Stills Gallery, Wu-tang Clan Concert Video.

King Boxer (DD 12) MM, EM, SS, Commentary Quentin Tarantino, David Chute & Elvis Mitchell; Interview with Director Chang-Hwa Jeong, Interview with Action Director Lau Kar WIng, Interview with Film Critic/Scholars David Chute & Andy Klein; Trailer Gallery (King Boxer Trailers: Home Video Trailer, Theatrical Trailer (English), Alternate Opening Sequence) (Other Films from these Filmmakers: Clan of the White Lotus (Original), Executioners from Shaolin(Original), Golden Swallow(Original), The Invincible Fist(Original), Killer Clans(Original), The Magic Blade (New)) (Shaw Bros. Films Currently Available: One-Armed Swordsman(Original), The 36th Chamber of Shaolin(Original), My Young Auntie(Original), The Shaw Bros. Collection) (Dragon Dynasty Trailers: Born to Fight, Infernal Affairs 2, Seven Swords); Stills Gallery.

The One-Armed Swordsman (DD 13) MM, EM, SS, Commentary David Chute, Andy Kline; The Master: Chang Cheh; Trailer Gallery (One-Armed Swordsman Trailers: Original, New); (Other Films from these Filmmakers: The Boxer From Shantung (Original), The Chinese Boxer (Original), The Chinese Professionals (Original English), Crippled Avengers (Original), Duel of the Iron Fist (?), The New One-Armed Swordsman (Original), Return of the One-Armed Swordsman (Original), Seven Blows of the Dragon (Original English), Street Gangs of Hong Kong (?), Vengeance (Original)), (Shaw Bros. Films Currently Available: King Boxer (New), The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (Original), My Young Auntie (Original), The Shaw Bros. Collection) (Dragon Dynasty Trailers: Born to Fight, Infernal Affairs 2, Seven Swords), Stills Gallery.

My Young Auntie (DD 14) MM, EM, SS, Commentary Andy Klein, Elvis Mitchell; Interview with Star Kara Hui, Interview with Film Critic/Scholars David Chute & Andy Klein; trailer gallery (My Young Auntie: Original, New) (Other Films from these Filmmakers: Blood Brothers (Original), Buddha's Palm (Original), Dirty Ho (New), Heroes of the East (Original), Lady is the Boss (?), Mad Monkey Kung Fu (Original)) (Shaw Bros. Films Currently Available: One-Armed Swordsman (Original), King Boxer (New), The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (Original), The Shaw Bros. Collection) (Dragon Dynasty Trailers: Born to Fight, Infernal Affairs 3, Seven Swords), Stills Gallery.

Come Drink With Me (DD 27) MM, E5.1, SS, Commentary Cheng Pei-pei, Bey Logan; The King and I: Acclaimed Director Tsui Hark Remembers King Hu; Come Speak With Me: An Exclusive Interview With Leading Lady Cheng Pei-pei; A Classic Remembered: A Retrospective WIth Hong Kong Cinema Expert Bey Logan; The Drunken Master: An Exclusive Interview With Leading Man Yueh Hua; Trailers (Come Drink With Me (Original), Heroes of the East (Original)).

Heroes Of The East (DD 28) MM, CM, EM, SS, Commentary Bey Logan, Spotlight on A Legend: A Tribute to Celebrated Martial Arts Icon Lau Kar-Leung, Hero of Shalin: An Exclusive Interview with Leading Man Gordon Liu, Shaolin vs. Ninja: An Exploration of the Legendary Martial Arts Weapons Forms of China and Japan, Trailer Gallery (Heroes of the East (Original), Come Drink With Me (Original)).

The 5 Deadly Venoms (DD 38) MM, EM, SS, Commentary Bey Logan

Return To The 36th Chamber (DD 40) MM, CM, EM, SS.

Return of the One-Armed Swordsman (DD 42) MM, EM, SS.

Return of 5 Deadly Venoms (DD 44) MM, EM, SS

The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter (DD 43) MM, EM, SS.

Shaolin Mantis (DD 45) MM, EM, SS.

Disciples of the 36th Chamber (DD 46) MM, EM, SS, Commentary Bey Logan.

Five Shaolin Masters (DD 47) MM, EM, SS.

Executioner From Shaolin (DD 48) MM, EM, SS.

Mad Monkey Kung Fu (DD 49) MM, EM, SS.

Martial Arts of Shaolin (DD 50) MM, EM, SS.

Golden Swallow (DD 51) MM, EM, SS.

Blood Brothers (DD 52) MM, EM, SS.

Killer Clan (DD 53) MM, EM, SS.

Avenging Eagle (DD 54) MM, EM, SS.

Flying Guillotine (DD 55) MM, EM, SS.

Flying Guillotine 2 (DD 56) MM, EM, SS.

Image/Celestial: They are out of the films they have R1 rights too. Will they get more? Not sure.

Black Magic M5.1, MM, EM, Insert Essay by Linn Haynes, Galleries, 7 new trailers, 6 non-Shaw trailers.

Super Inframan M5.1, MM, EM, new Shaw Trailers (12m), Other Titles You Might Like (46m of trailers), Insert Essay by Damon Foster, August Ragone, Photo Gallery, Promotional Art Gallery, Interview with Director Hua Shan.

The Water Margin M5.1, MM, "The Master: Chang Cheh" Featurette, Interviews with actors David Chiang and Ti Lung. Extended Love Scene. Insert Essay by Kenneth Woo, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

The Boxer's Omen M5.1, MM, Insert Essay by Stephen Gladwin, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

The Cave of the Silken Web M5.1, MM, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Legendary Weapons Of China M5.1, MM, EM, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Have Sword, Will Travel M5.1, MM, Still Gallery, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

The Wandering Swordsman M5.1, MM, ProStills, 11 new Trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers

Vengeance Is a Golden Blade M5.1, MM, 11 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers

The Shadow Whip M5.1, MM, 11 new trailers, 13-non Shaw trailers, Behind the Scenes Gallery, Production Stills Gallery.

Heaven & Hell M5.1, MM, Still Gallery. 15 new trailers, 6 non-Shaw trailers.

The Bells Of Death MM, 15 new trailers, 13-non Shaw trailers.

The Deadly Breaking Sword M5.1, MM, EM, Still Gallery, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

The Killer Snakes MM, EM, Still Gallery, New Trailer, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Shaolin Intruders M5.1, MM, Production Stills Gallery, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

The Magic Blade MM, EM, Production Stills Gallery, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan MM, EM, "Intimate Confessions of 3 Shaw Girls" Featurette, Production Stills Gallery, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Human Lanterns MM, SS, Shaw's Baby Doll: An Interview with Shan Yin Yin, The Skin Peel Scene (Alternate Take), Production Stills Gallery, 16 new trailers, 13 non-Shaw trailers.

Bat Without Wings MM, SS, New trailer, 16 new trailers

Kiss of Death MM, EM, SS, New trailer, 16 new trailers.

House of Traps MM, EM, SS, New Trailer, 16 new trailers.

Corpse Mania MM, SS, 16 new trailers.

Thunderbolt Fist MM, EM, SS, New Trailer, 16 new trailers.

Seeding of a Ghost MM, SS, 16 new trailers

The Lizard MM, EM, SS, 16 new trailers.

The Magnificent Trio MM, SS, Original trailer, 16 new trailers.

Lost Souls CM, EM, SS, New trailer, 16 new trailers.

King Eagle MM, SS, 16 new trailers.

The Shadow Boxer MM, SS, 16 new trailers

Disciples of Shaolin MM, EM, SS, 16 new trailers

Well Go:

Brother's Five M5.1, CS, Original Trailer.

Two Champions of Shaolin M5.1, E5.1, CS, Original Trailer.

Journey Of The Doomed M5.1, CS, Original Trailer.

The Heroic Ones M5.1, E5.1, CS, OriginalTrailer.

Battle Wizard M5.1, E5.1, CS, New Trailer.

The Duel of the Century M5.1, CS, New Trailer.

Brave Archer and His Mate M5.1, E5.1, CS, New Trailer.

Holy Flame of The Martial World C5.1, E5.1, CS, New Trailer.

The Delightful Forest M5.1, E5.1, CS.

Heroes Shed No Tears M5.1, E5.1, CS.

Brother's Five [blu-ray]

The Heroic Ones [blu-ray]

The Delightful Forest [blu-ray]

All Men Are Brothers [blu-ray]

All Men Are Brothers E5.1, EM, M5.1, MM, New Trailer, 3 non-Shaw Trailers (Ip Man, White Wall, Assault Girls).

Jade Tiger M5.1, MM, 3 non-Shaw Trailers (Ip Man, White Wall, Assault Girls).

Web of Death M5.1, MM, E5.1, EM, Original Trailer, 3 non-Shaw Trailers (IP Man, Assault Girls, Yoga).

Web of Death [blu-ray]

Duel of Fists MM, M5.1, EM, E5.1, 13 new/old trailers.

Swordsman & Enchantress M5.1, MM, 13 new/old trailers.

Legend of the Bat M5.1, MM, E5.1, EM, 14 new/old trailers, 3 non-Shaw trailers

Death Duel M5.1, MM, 14 new/old trailers, 3 non-Shaw trailers

The Shadow Boxing M5.1, MM, 14 Shaw Trailers (new and original), 3 Trailers.

The Trail of the Broken Blade M5.1, MM, E5.1, EM, 14 Shaw Trailers (new and original), 3 Trailers.

Tokyo Shock: (numbered series)

Heroes Two (1) E5.1, EM, MM, Commentary with Linn Haynes, Original English Opening, "Three Styles of Hung Fist" (Original Version), Interview tih Chen Kuan-Tai, Tokyo Shock Trailers (The Machine Girl, The Master (Original), Zebraman, Lone Wolf & Cub TV Series), Stills Gallery, Trailer Gallery (Original Mandarin, New Mandarin, Original English Export).

The Master (2) E5.1, EM, MM, CM, Textless Opening and Closing, Interview with Chen Kuan Tai, Tokyo Shock Trailers (Heroes Two (Original), The Legend of Dinosaurs & Monster Birds, Frankenstein Conquers the World, Latitude Zero), Stills Gallery, Trailer Gallery (Original Cantonese, New Cantonese, New Mandarin).

Challenge of The Masters (3) E5.1, EM, MM, CM, Challenging the Master: An Interview with Chen Kuan Tai, Chen Kuan Tai: Kung Fu Past and Present, Textless Opening, Tokyo Shock Trailers (Heroes Two (Original), The Master (New), Hair Extensions EXTE, Ultimate Versus), Stills Gallery, Trailer Gallery (Original Mandarin, Original English, New Cantonese, New Mandarin). Came with Fever Dreams.LLC DVD (7 trailers for ipod, PSP and computer.)

Deadly Duo (4) E5.1, EM, MM, "Elegant Trails" with David Chiang, "Elegant Trails" with Ti Lung, Tokyo Shock Trailers (Heroes Two (Original), The Master (New), Tokyo Gore Police, Challenge of the Masters (Original)), Stills Gallery, Trailer Gallery (Original Mandarin, New Mandarin).

Martial Club (6) EM, CM, MM, Trailers (Original, New Cantonese, New Mandarin), New Year's Promo, Textless Opening, Trailers (Black Belt, The Brave Archer New trailer, Gamera The Brave, Lone Wolf and Cub TV Series), Stills Gallery.

The Brave Archer (5) E5.1, MM, Commentary by Brian Camp, New Mandarin Trailer, Textless Opening, 4 Shaw Trailers (3 old Heroes Two, The Deadly Duo, Challenge of the Masters, 1 new The Master), Stills Gallery.

Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung (7) MM,CM, EM, E5.1, 3 new Trailers, International trailer for Black Magic 2, new (Mandarin)/old (Cantonese) trailer for film, "The Master: Chang Cheh" Doc, Stills Gallery

Black Magic 2 (8) EM, MM, Textless Opening, 4 non-Shaw trailers, Original Mandarin Trailer, Original U.S. Trailer, Stills Gallery.

The Flag of Iron (9) EM, E5.1, MM, 2 Shaw Trailers (old), 2 not, New Mandarin trailer, US. Television trailer

Five Element Ninjas (10) EM, E5.1, MM, Lo Men: The Man. The Myth. The Venom. Original Trailer, New Trailer. Photo Gallery. 3 New Shaw Trailers. 1 non-Shaw trailer. I hidden English trailer (4.18m).

The Kid WIth The Golden Arm (11) EM, MM, New Trailer, Tokyo Shock Trailers (new The Deadly Duo, Original 5 Element Ninjas, new Martial Club, new Iron Flag Death Kappa) , Stills Gallery, two hidden English Trailers (this film)

Iron Bodyguard (12) EM, MM, Original Trailer for Black Magic 2, Grotesque, new Shaw Trailer The Deadly Duo, Original Trailer for Five Element Ninjas, new Trailer for Martial Club, , new Trailer for Iron Flag, Original Trailer, Stills Gallery.

Lion vs Lion (14) EM, CM, MM, Original Trailer for Iron Bodyguard, Original Black Magic 2, Gallants, new Shaw trailer The Deadly Duo, Original Trailer, Stills Gallery.

BCI:

Life Gamble MM, Liner Notes by Ric Meyers, New Interviews with Sun SH-pe, Ku Feng, Li Yi-min, Lo Men and Robert Tai. Photo Gallery, Trailer (Original, New), three original Shaw trailers.

Opium and the Kung Fu Master MM, CM, EM, Liner Notes by Ric Meyers, New Interviews with Chen Kuan-tai, Li Han-sheng and Robert Mak, Photo Gallery, Trailer (Original, New), three original Shaw trailers.

Funimation:

The 14 Amazons MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Shaolin Hand Lock MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Hong Kong Godfather CM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Opium and the Kung-Fu Master MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers (Ichi, Shinobi, Hana, Love and Honor, Daytime Drinking, Genghis Kahn, Mushi-Shi, Ghost Train).

Life Gamble MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers (Ichi, Shinobi, Hana, Love and Honor, Daytime Drinking, Genghis Kahn, Mushi-Shi, Ghost Train).

Invincible Shaolin MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Shaolin Prince MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

The Duel MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Shaolin Rescuers MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Soul of the Sword MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Bastard Swordsman MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Return of Bastard Swordsman MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

The Sword of Swords MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

The Supreme Swordsman MM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

The Lady Hermit MM, EM, 8 non-Shaw trailers.

Thanks shaolinkng7, Morgoth.

TheManInWhite

You're welcome, mister crankypants. XD

Quick question is The Mighty Peking Man on Rolling Thunder an official release (or is this a coproduction with the rights elsewhere?)

I thought of that one too, I always heard it was a full blooded Shaw release, I'll have to to check the credits on the dvd. I hate how it has the little Quentin Tarintino face on the cover. Did that really help sales?

sorry to be such a pain but is there any way that information regarding english dubs and if it was originally only released by celestial as VCD can be added to the list. as i think it would help and it would definately help me to avoid unneeded double dips. any sort of symbol would suffice. thanks and sorry to trouble you.

Per gfanikf's interview w/ richard york, this is the order of MB releases(the ones after Martial Club do not have indication of exact date)

HEROES TWO

THE MASTER

CHALLENGE OF THE MASTERS

THE DEADLY DUO

THE BRAVE ARCHER

MARTIAL CLUB(Feb 24, 2009 per hkflix)

TEN TIGERS FROM KWANGTUNG

BLACK MAGIC 2

THE FLAG OF IRON

FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS

For Image:

Magnificent Trio(February 3, 2009 per hkflix)

masterofoneinchpunch
Per gfanikf's interview w/ richard york, this is the order of MB releases(the ones after Martial Club do not have indication of exact date)

HEROES TWO

THE MASTER

CHALLENGE OF THE MASTERS

THE DEADLY DUO

THE BRAVE ARCHER

MARTIAL CLUB(Feb 24, 2009 per hkflix)

TEN TIGERS FROM KWANGTUNG

BLACK MAGIC 2

THE FLAG OF IRON

FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS

For Image:

Magnificent Trio(February 3, 2009 per hkflix)

Do you have a link to the interview?

Also pertinent links have been added above :).

I thought of that one too, I always heard it was a full blooded Shaw release, I'll have to to check the credits on the dvd. I hate how it has the little Quentin Tarintino face on the cover. Did that really help sales?

It's a Shaw Brothers production. QT re-released this on the midnight circuit back in the late 90's. I'd have to dig out the Fangoria interview with Ho Meng Hua where they discussed the re-release for the exact year. The Rolling Thunder DVD release followed that. This was after QT and Sage Stallone re-released Fulci's THE BEYOND to midnight showings.

masterofoneinchpunch
It's a Shaw Brothers production. QT re-released this on the midnight circuit back in the late 90's. I'd have to dig out the Fangoria interview with Ho Meng Hua where they discussed the re-release for the exact year. The Rolling Thunder DVD release followed that. This was after QT and Sage Stallone re-released Fulci's THE BEYOND to midnight showings.

A couple of notes:

The disc has the normal later Shaw production logo at the beginning: http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/cinema/Images/ShawBros.swf , though what is interesting is that it doesn't have the normal ending though. Also the release does not have any other dub except the English one (I watched this movie a week ago).

I was wondering if WW Entertainment (or someone else) had the distribution rights to the film? This, of course, would circumvent any copyright issues.

A couple of notes:

The disc has the normal later Shaw production logo at the beginning: http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/cinema/Images/ShawBros.swf , though what is interesting is that it doesn't have the normal ending though. Also the release does not have any other dub except the English one (I watched this movie a week ago).

I was wondering if WW Entertainment (or someone else) had the distribution rights to the film? This, of course, would circumvent any copyright issues.

I've never seen any other ending. I didn't buy the IVL but the dutch tape had the same ending with Danny Lee holding Kraft overlooking the city. I think the release under the title COLOSSUS OF THE CONGO is the one that is supposed to have an alternate ending. The original HK cut of this film ran well over 2 hours. I remember the opening credits on the Rolling Thunder DVD being different from the ones on the dutch tape.

Who's licensing the Shaw Bros. films to Kung Fu HD? Is Celestial Pictures selling them directly to KFHD? Or is there a company here (the U.S.) that's acting as the middleman? Or is it the individual distributors that are selling the DVDs, e.g. Image, Dragon Dynasty, Well Go, Media Blasters, etc.? (Doubtful.)

And, whoever it is, where are they getting the English dub tracks from? I don't know that Celestial had access to too many of them. Who owned the rights to the original dub tracks, Shaw or the companies that distributed the films originally in the U.S. 30-odd years ago? (Many of those companies are long gone.)

Just curious.

masterofoneinchpunch
I've never seen any other ending. I didn't buy the IVL but the dutch tape had the same ending with Danny Lee holding Kraft overlooking the city. I think the release under the title COLOSSUS OF THE CONGO is the one that is supposed to have an alternate ending. The original HK cut of this film ran well over 2 hours. I remember the opening credits on the Rolling Thunder DVD being different from the ones on the dutch tape.

I should have been more specific on the exact ending statement. I meant the Shaw Brother's credit screen at the very end (I can't find a gif/jpeg of this though) that you normally see at the end of many Shaw Brothers films was missing from this film (not sure if it was supposed to or not).

Where do you find the COLOSSUS OF THE CONGO version?

On another note: not good news about BCI Eclipse. My condolences for those who lost their jobs. I wonder what is going to happen to those Shaws?

Celestial will have sold the rights to the people at Kung Fu HD. Celestial will own the rights for the dubs.

Who's licensing the Shaw Bros. films to Kung Fu HD? Is Celestial Pictures selling them directly to KFHD? Or is there a company here (the U.S.) that's acting as the middleman? Or is it the individual distributors that are selling the DVDs, e.g. Image, Dragon Dynasty, Well Go, Media Blasters, etc.? (Doubtful.)

And, whoever it is, where are they getting the English dub tracks from? I don't know that Celestial had access to too many of them. Who owned the rights to the original dub tracks, Shaw or the companies that distributed the films originally in the U.S. 30-odd years ago? (Many of those companies are long gone.)

Just curious.

Here's a post I have on another site. I will eventually get around to finishing it

Thanks for this, i've had a hard time keeping up with what Image has been releasing and contacting them directly seems nearly impossible.

masterofoneinchpunch
According to hkflix, Image Entertainment is releasing Lost Souls on March 17th.

Still not up on Image's website (Magnificent Trio, The is still the last Shaw shown). I'll post the link when it shows up there (Amazon seems always to be late with posting up many of the Shaws compared to other sites -- though how many times has hkflix been wrong with the Dragon Dynasty information :D).

Still not up on Image's website (Magnificent Trio, The is still the last Shaw shown). I'll post the link when it shows up there (Amazon seems always to be late with posting up many of the Shaws compared to other sites -- though how many times has hkflix been wrong with the Dragon Dynasty information :D).

Here's the link to Image's site.

http://www.image-entertainment.com/dvd/detail.cfm?productID=69154

Archived