Fist Of Unicorn audio commentary

Guest falkor

Guest falkor

The way Andrew Staton asks Toby if he's seen the "cart scene" from the Mandarin Big Boss is in a certain tone of voice that implies Andrew himself has seen it--exactly the same way Will Johnston spoke in the Big Boss Platinum audio commentary. It's like saying "Did you hear about how 33 people got shot in a Virginia school by a South Korean guy?" Of course everyone is aware of this news already... "Yeah, isn't it awful!"

He must have expected Toby to reply by saying "Yeah, the cart scene is one of my favourites" or something like that. I could be wrong, but I picked up certain vibes as if Andrew was asking in a condescending way, as if to tease Toby that Andrew has seen the uncut Big Boss. Therefore, if Big Boss Platinum and Fist Of Unicorn audio commentaries are anything to go by, I'm now wondering if the rumours might be true: Steve K and Dave Tadman may indeed be the source of a much sought after uncut Mandarin version of Big Boss like they claim (hard to believe at first). Will and Andrew mention the 1979 London showing, but they talk as if they've seen it much more recently... I'm certainly no fool! Or maybe I am? :b

but having heard this one, but I heard The Big Boss one and I agree. Just from what I've heard over the years, I don't doubt there's fans who have this.

Guest chen lung
I'm certainly no fool! Or maybe I am?

Apparantly, Andrew asked Steve, but was told he didn't have it or something (can't confirm). Fred Weintaub has been asked twice, and he claims he doesn't have one either.

Hearing more of the export English dub would have been nice. Seen 6 clips of it (2 from the trailer, one from Star TV, 3 standalone).

BTW, whilst we're on the subject, I created this using your clip. Thanks again man :) . Donno how HKL recreated it. Jason Hart says his copy has the extra head in the ice, whereas you said yours doesn't. Rather odd I must say:\ .

Guest Squid Lips

This story has always interested me. Though I know one of the mentioned collectors above does not have the footage I imagine there could have been a sequence shot at one time. But like Japanese films of the era, many things were shot and ONLY used in the trailer, never edited into a final cut.

Yes, I know there is about 50 people that remember this "one screening" where the footage was used but my belief has always been that maybe these scenes were shot and never used (run-time, censors, etc.) or maybe mock publicity photos were made to push the film, but like the 19th floor of Game Of Death which has been "seen" by a handful of fans, this "one screening" that took place in the early 70s is just a fanboy's fantasy (and hey.... I'm a fanboy).

Guest greenbamboo

Well Dave Tadman told me he has seen the uncut version with saw-in-head scene etc. He said Fred has it (a right @#%$ by all accounts) and Bruce also sent a copy to Sy Weintraub.

Pic of Bruce & Sy

palmer1.jpg

Guest greenbamboo

Well BL sent original copies of BOSS over to US. Fred Weintraub was sent a copy from Bruce - him, Ted Ashley watched it at Warners. They started the Enter the Dragon project cuz of seeing Bruce onscreen in BOSS. They knew Bruce could be big and loved his action. The rare unseen Fist of Fury trailer with Bruce and Bob Baker were shown at these first BOSS showings in HK. Dave Tadman told me Fred has this too. So he has two very rare historic BL footages. Well Dave said he's seen the saw-in-head scene. That was shown on the first release Mandarin version of BOSS. Saw-in-head wasn't shown at the UK 1979 convention (Will Johnson was there, so was Carl Jones who posts on this forum, i think Andy Staton was there too). Other missing scenes were - burning cart, second prositute. Only telling you what i've been told - Dave is a good friend so i believe him.

Guest the dirty tiger

We have all seen photos of the saw in head, what of the actual footage, DT claims to have seen it ? I dont think so.......

Guest Markgway

My theory is that if photos of the saw-in-the-head exist (which they do) then so does the actual filmed footage (or at least it did at one point). There's no way a no-budget production like The Big Boss would've rigged-up a mock saw gag purely for the stills. If they went to that bother they surely intended to use it. I suspect it was cut for all re-issues and that the (reliable) people who say they saw it in 1971 probably did.

Guest the dirty tiger

I dont doubt that it existed at some point and may still be in the GH vaults some place. But I highly doubt that anyone actually has the footage or else we would have seen it by now. Chances are the footage was left on the cutting room floor never to be seen again.....

Guest Squid Lips

Yeah, here is the thing, I am sure there is Bruce Lee footage out there no one has seen lately (outtakes from every film are the obvious examples since no film shoots only one take) but most of these Urban Legends are not going to be true. Any collectors with the footage would have pulled a frame or two at some point and sent it madly across the Internet if found.

Chances are if this stuff did exist and is still around, they are buried in a vault somewhere and no one knowingly has it. These fan boy legends (spoken with love) about so and so collector having the footage but no one has seen it get really old after awhile.

(Tadman I will say is the real deal and when he has something in hand he'll say it and if not, he won't make it up.)

Guest greenbamboo

Who worked with Fred Weintraub on the Blood & Steel doc for 30th Anniversary 2 disc 'Enter the Dragon' edition dvd. Who got the Ahna Capri footage on that doc. Answer is DT. Check the credits. DT seen these footages from Fred Weintraub. Steve Kerridge owns an uncut version of BOSS - big mate of DT's. Here's an interview with him at my BL site :-

littledragon.builtfree.org/kerridge.html

3/ Firstly, rumours have it you have an uncut Big Boss print with saw scene and you know the other scenes exist still with prositute etc. Is this true and please confirm that the "saw" scene exists?!

Secondly, when the hell can we fans see this if it does exist?

Thirdly, when is the next BL convention in London please? Loved the last one, itching for more. Scratch me please!!

Lastly, thank God you are saying to yourself, BBC doc/interview on the set of ETD, exists, speculations, or really is still out there some where? Bring it to us and you will be bigger to us BL fans than Robbie Williams when he was good.

Greg P

Steve Kerridge : Well.... i can assure you that YES the saw scene does exist, and cannot say anything else on the matter... believe me i've been approached by Hong Kong Legends and a few others who will pay good money, but because of my word, i will not bend..Convention ? Well...that could be around the corner, really depends on what happens over the next 6 to 8 months..BBC interview ..hmmm ..well, i have hunted this phantom footage with every effort possible and my conclusion is - It never existed in the first place...sorry to disappoint... and no one is bigger than Robbie hehe..

Guest the dirty tiger

2 words for you - my ass. He dont have it. If he did then he would have sold it cause HKL would offer BIG money as they know every Bruce fan in the world would want it. I will as always believe it when I see it ;)

Guest Markgway
Well.... i can assure you that YES the saw scene does exist, and cannot say anything else on the matter... believe me i've been approached by Hong Kong Legends and a few others who will pay good money, but because of my word, i will not bend..

Who has he promised and why?

What possible reason could there be for sitting on this footage?

Is it because once the footage is out there these uber-fans lose their importance?

Guest chen lung
2 words for you - my ass. He dont have it.

He's hardly going to lie if he's releasing books with rare photographs, AND providing ones of deleted scenes from 'TBB' for Jason Hart's article.

If he did then he would have sold it cause HKL would offer BIG money as they know every Bruce fan in the world would want it.

HKL were probably on a budget in 2000 and now, they don't really give a @#%$. If you read that page, Steve said that he won't sell it.

If HKL knew what they wanted, then they wouldn't have left off Bey's commentary, the Mandarin soundtrack and corrected the audio problem during the riverside mourning.

I will as always believe it when I see it

Fair enough, but don't totally blank the guy. Not as if we're talking about some forum 'member' who likes spreading crap around.

Guest the dirty tiger

Dont get me wrong, respect to SK and all the mad Bruce fans. I am not a big fan personally but I respect the good work by Mister Kerridge, Mr. Tadman and others. Just people keep saying they have things but I need proof. I am a logical and practical person and if I dont see it for myself then I dont believe it.

Guest the dirty tiger

It was in one of the original trailers for the film that I believe is available on one or more of the many many dvd's as an extra feature.

Guest greenbamboo

I've just found out that this came from a fan in Turkey who was trying to sell an uncut copy to a friend of mine. I think he was talking @#%$. That screen capture looks better than most trailer copies i've seen. That's why i was interested. Oh well......

Guest chen lung
It was in one of the original trailers for the film that I believe is available on one or more of the many many dvd's as an extra feature.

It's not from the DVDs as this screencapture has unique info at the top, and overall better clarity. It's 720x756 resolution indicates it comes from a non-anamorphic PAL DVD. Video Asia discs are US based and in NTSC, but it could have been PAL first, before (if it ever got released) it was converted.