Jimmy Wang Yu movies w/ a nunchaku stick

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

I can't remember ever seeing a Jimmy Wang Yu movie which shows a nunchaku stick for some reason. Here is a list of the JWY movies that I do remember seeing however:

"MasterOTFG"

"Beach of the War Gods"

"Golden Swallow"(one of Jimmy's best and a definite must see for martial arts movie fans)

"One Armed Vs. the 9 Killers"

"One Armed Swordsman"(kind of overrated IMO)

"Zatoichi VS. The One Armed Swordman"

I also kind of remember seeing that strange movie starring Jackie Chan and Jimmy called "Killer Meteors" or something like that. If there was a video tape company called Ocean Shores, then surprisingly, I think I saw that version of KM. Anyway, like I said, for some strange reason there don't seem to be any JWY movies which show somebody using a nunchuck during a fight. Do you know if there actually was a Wang Yu movie which does include the use that famous martial arts weapon?

Also, Do any of you wish that there could be a Jimmy Wang Yu Film festival somewhere(e.g. Hong Kong, L.A., N.Y.C., etc.)?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monwobobbo

don't remember any but i haven't watched alot of jwy lately but own many of his films. i'd love to go to a film festival of his but not holding my breath waiting for one around here (although we have the George Eastman House who do show the occasional shaw bros film.)

Archived