Casanova Wong vs Kim Tai-jung GOD Greenhouse Fight

Guest pressureworld

Guest pressureworld

I have the HKL version of Game of Death 2 and it is an old favorite of mine the Glass house fight with Cassnova Wong is included as an extra. Are their any dvd releases where this scene in included in the film instead of an extra?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

The glasshouse fight was originally shown in the Chinese version of the original Game of Death. Later it was included in the English dubbed version of Tower of Death under the title Game of Death II. It is included in the actual film print of Game of Death II on the Fox disc. I think HKL's used the Tower of Death Chinese version and is the reason it wasn't shown in the actual film print on their disc and was shown in the extra features instead.

Guest abbott white

there is a english dub version out on vhs with the glasshouse fight in it.cost £5.00.why have HKL made that an extra footage,mybe they ran out of idears for extras. :rolleyes

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yes I prefer the English dubbed version under the title Game of Death II that Fox released simply because it includes the greenhouse fight, the Chinese version under the title Tower of Death does not have this scene and this is the print HKL's used and why it's only found in the special features on their disc. At least they did go to the effort of putting it in the extra features but the Game of Death II version is still my favorite. The greenhouse fight is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time, Casanova Wong at his best!

Guest WalkOn

Until about 5 years ago I thought this scene was created for the Tower of Death (Game of Death II). I've never watched the Chinese version so I'm curious, which movie did this scene fit better with? I think the choreography is more of a Hong Kong style that was displayed in the TOD, so to me it appears to be a better fit. I know neither film is fantastic, but I enjoyed them both. I'll watch the Chinese version of G.O.D. one day.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think the greenhouse fight fit better in Game of Death II as well, I didn't really like the Chinese version of Game of Death because it cut out the entire fight between Bruce and Ji Han Jae. Instead of the greenhouse fight being shown in the English version of GOD, they showed the scene with Roy Chiao playing the actor in Chinese Opera. Sammo Hung Kam Bo choreographed the greenhouse fight btw.....

Guest theportlykicker

I think it fits in with Game of Death better. I mean, Sammo choreographed it in the same style that he choregraphed the rest of the fights in Game of Death, as opposed to the flashier fghts in Tower of Death, choreograhed by Yuen Wo Ping.

sifu iron perm

If you pay attention you can hear a dog, a tropical Parakeet, an Old Lady about to Croak and other odd/bizarre sounds..

i love it.

Omni Dragon

It's also a little funny how in that video from 0:58-1:09, the dub makes it seem like their talking through telepathy.

sifu iron perm
17 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

It's also a little funny how in that video from 0:58-1:09, the dub makes it seem like their talking through telepathy.

my favourite bit is the bruce lee freeze frame still they use..how foul.

ShaOW!linDude

I have never seen this!!! That was a cool fight. Was this intended for Game of Death or Tower of Death? I don't have this in either copy I own.

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I have never seen this!!! That was a cool fight. Was this intended for Game of Death or Tower of Death? I don't have this in either copy I own.

Hong kong edit GOD.

UK god 2 includes it.

DragonClaws
On 16/07/2017 at 1:32 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

This was my introduction to Casanova Wong, and despite the hokey Bruce Lee moves, its a great fight. The fight appeared in the VHS print of G.O.D 2, and I was disapointed that it was presented as an extra only, on the DVD release. Sammo Hung choreographed the fight, as it was intended for use in the Hong Kong version of the 1978 Game Of Death.

On 15/07/2017 at 11:18 PM, sifu iron perm said:

my favourite bit is the bruce lee freeze frame still they use..how foul.

The faded Way Of Dragon feeze frames do look really bad, they tried to super impose flowers onto some of the shots.

Killer Meteor

The fight is on the main feature on the FOX 2007 DVD of Game of Death II - weirdly, Fortune Star remastered the English version but not the Cantonese one.

Archived