Question About Tai Seng DVD Sets

HAZ

Hi,

Do all Tai Seng DVD box sets come in a box with a slip cover or slipcase? I thoought they did, but I saw a box set of Wing Chun that was just a plastic box. It looks legit, but I was wondering if it was a bootleg. Have they changed their packaging?

Thanks

h

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I only have the Tai Seng Seven Swordsmen series, but I'm assuming they are all packaged the same. It comes in a crappy plastic case, and the plastic case comes in a nicer case. Sounds like they are trying to save money by not including the nice case, and just selling the plastic case.

Hi,

Do all Tai Seng DVD box sets come in a box with a slip cover or slipcase? I thoought they did, but I saw a box set of Wing Chun that was just a plastic box. It looks legit, but I was wondering if it was a bootleg. Have they changed their packaging?

Thanks

h

The "Legend of the Condor Heroes" set (15 discs) comes in a cardboard case. Inside are, I forget the number, plastic cases each with 3 or 4 DVDs. (If I was at home, I'd check.)

Okay, I'm at home.

"Legend of the Condor Heroes":

Hard cardboard case with nice pictures on it. Inside the cardboard case are three hard plastic cases, with pictures on them, comparable in size to old plastic VHS cases. Each of the three cases contains 5 discs. About as compact as you can expect for 15 discs.

Hope that helps.

wudangimmortal

i have the wing chun series dvd set , it was all clear plastic, with cover front and back, with dvd disc art, nothing more, no booklets or inside covers. etc

kinda disappointed with the packaging

i have the wing chun series dvd set , it was all clear plastic, with cover front and back, with dvd disc art, nothing more, no booklets or inside covers. etc

kinda disappointed with the packaging

So the clear plastic cover didn't come in a big cardboard slipcase? I guess Morg was right & they're trying to cut costs.

• Administrator

I think that Tai Seng sells them in various packaging to different markets.

My WING CHUN set had the nice textured, thick cardboard outer box (with a magnetic clasp), and inside was one nicely made, multi-disc, clear plastic case that held the whole series. I ordered mine used from eBay, so I'm not sure of it's place of origin. It's definitely a legitimate copy though, as no bootlegger would go to the trouble to make such a nice package.

However, my friend bought the same set in Philly's Chinatown, and it was just the multi-disc, clear plastic case that held the whole series, no cardboard outer-case. And it was an entirely different kind of case, and the artwork was slightly different variation too. The discs had different menus, but the same subtitles!? His also appeared to be a legitimate copy though.

My SEVEN SWORDS series, which I ordered from overseas, came in a similar package to the WING CHUN set. But the one I saw at Best Buy, though in similar packaging, had different art on the cover.

Real Kung Fu - double sized keepcase, no upc

Seven Swordsmen - double sized keepcase inside a sturdy hinged cardboard box with a magnetic clasp

Legend of the Condor Heroes - Three double sized keepcases inside a flimsy box, no upc

Return of the Condor Heroes - sturdy box containing two large book like digipaks

The New Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre - double sized keepcase inside a sturdy hinged box, no upc

The Duke of Mount Deer - double sized keepcase inside a sturdy hinged box, no upc

The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils - double sized keepcase inside a sturdy hinged box, no upc

All the boxes I got without a UPC were from Fivestarlaser. I actually called Tai Seng about it (didn't want to be buying any boots), and if we understood each other correctly, they're legit.

Here'a another question - are most series dvd-5 or dvd-9? I think they are DVD-5, but I feel like I've seen product descriptions that were DVD-9. Does anyone here ever see the TVB dvd's of these shows? Linn had mentioned them before. Have they released The Master Of Tai Chi with Vincent Zhao yet?

Thanks!

h

Real Kung Fu - ?

Seven Swordsmen - DVD-9

Legend of the Condor Heroes - DVD-9

Return of the Condor Heroes - DVD-9

The New Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre - DVD-9

The Duke of Mount Deer - DVD-9

The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils - DVD-9

• Administrator
Have they released The Master Of Tai Chi with Vincent Zhao yet?

I received this series in a trade with a friend. I don't know if it's from an official version, or was fan subbed though.

I received this series in a trade with a friend. I don't know if it's from an official version, or was fan subbed though.

Its been released in Malaysia with 5 episodes per disc, but there's also a 13 disc collection, I think. There's 2 episodes per disc & the menus look too well made for it to be a bootleg. I think that TVB releases their own collections for the rental market in asia. These are subbed in english, but the retail asian TVB dvd's are not subbed. Tai Seng must base their releases on the TVB rental collections.

wudangimmortal

mine didnt have a slipcase, or anything of the sort.

just clear plastic box with clear disc holders inside.

-wing chun - the complete uncut series-

1800 mins (30hrs) ,

letterboxed

cantonese mandarin - audio

traditional chinese, simplified chinese, english - subtitles

NTSC format - DVD-9

8-Disc set.

those are my dvd set specs.

would there be a difference between this or are all the dvd sets uncut material?

I think that Tai Seng sells them in various packaging to different markets.

My WING CHUN set had the nice textured, thick cardboard outer box (with a magnetic clasp), and inside was one nicely made, multi-disc, clear plastic case that held the whole series. I ordered mine used from eBay, so I'm not sure of it's place of origin. It's definitely a legitimate copy though, as no bootlegger would go to the trouble to make such a nice package.

i bought mine from yesasia and the box is just like yours! i thought it was pretty nice, instead of just the plastic box.

Archived