Vengeance Video GOLD

niro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this label for what it is. Toby (who definitely does own it) dont have that much money to spend and wants to release a lot of titles so some of the versions are poor. Some movies Ive discovered for cheap as chips due to the label:

Descendants of Wing Chun

Buddhas Palm and dragon fist

Shaolin Invincible sticks

Warrior of Kung fu

Shaolin Wonderman

Blood Treasury Fight

Iron Monkey (Old Skool)

Ways of kung fu

And what do you expect for 3 quid? Buy em up!

No way!!! I replied to this thread in the general discussion section before all the lists had started! This is exactly what Ive been looking for! Loadsa info on all the best vengeance titles! My Xmas and New year has just been MADE by you guys! Ive already got like 25 lined up to buy! And this is my hundredth post! Things could not be better!!! KUNGFUCINEMA.COM RULES!!!!!

Dunno if anyone else has found these (probably have lol) but if you combine these two sites with ironfistedmonk's EPIC post it provides a decent amount of info on the vengeance video releases, it's not comprehensive but probably as good as we'll get:

http://my.opera.com/vengeancevideo/blog/

http://p068.ezboard.com/fwastedlifefrm17.showPrevMessage?topicID=14.topic

Killer Meteor
Ok here’s the Vengeance titles I own with a bit of info on them, I know nothing about aspect ratios and stuff so if it’s not full screen then I’ve listed it as wide. I’ve seen some dog rough prints of films too so if I say a print looks OK it might look shite to some of you used to the Celestial remasters. The opinions in the following post are not representative of everybody so take that into consideration XD This is a big post so get ready……………

Dragon on Fire aka Enter Three Dragons – Wide screen English dubbed with a good picture, It has the original trailer, original poster and lobby cards and trailers for Iron Neck Li, Tai Chi Shadow Boxing and Hard Bastard. I have no idea what this film is about, there’s some good guys who look a little like Bruce Lee and some who look nothing like Bruce Lee and some bad guys who look like Bolo and Philip Ko plus lots of nice fights.

Fatal Flying Guillotine – Wide English dubbed, OK picture quality, no extras. Everyones favourite kung fu weapons return in the hands of dastardly Chen Sing with some Ching intrigue and Shaolin plotting. Not one of my favourite films but lots of fans like it, I don’t like Carter Wong very much. I think this version may be cut though.

Gold Connection aka Iron Dragon Strikes Back – Wide (ish) and Mandarin language with subtitles, OK picture quality with the German trailer. Great modern day set movie with Bruce Li and his mates who find a stash of triad gold and end up fighting for their lives as the triad try and get it back, the end fight with Philip Ko and Bruce Li is great.

Invincible Armour – Wide English dubbed with the original trailer, the picture quality is really good. One of the all time classics, it’s wide but I don’t think it’s the proper wide ratio. Awesome movie.

Iron Monkey – Wide English dubbed, average picture with a deleted scene as a bonus feature. Another indie classic and one of the best Ming rebel films I’ve seen, Chen Kuan Tai learns the monkey style from his bro to avenge his family, great cast with Kam Kong, Wilson Tong, Shut Chung Tin, Chi Kuan Chun, Chan Wai Lau and Beardy.

[

The Magnificent – Full screen English dubbed, average picture, it comes with the original trailer and a coming soon gallery. Average Ching/Ming storyline with a good cast, worth seeing for Casanova Wong’s kicks, it also stars Chen Sing, Doris Lung, Carter Wong and Dragon Lee. I think the Crash release was wide, I’d recommend getting hold of that version over this one.

Queen Boxer aka The Avenger – Full screen English dubbed with trailers for 18 Swirling Riders, Tai Chi Shadow Boxing and Hard Bastard. This is a terrible print of a decent basher, Judy Lee is the sister of Ma Yung Chen in this follow up to the Shaw Bros classic Boxer From Shantung. The end fight looks great but it’s spoiled by such a bad print, I really need to get a better copy.

Shaolin Zen Master aka Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue – Wide screen English dubbed, average picture quality, it has a stills gallery and trailers for 18 Swirling Riders and Souls of the Sword. Yet another movie with a Prince hiding out at Shaolin, this one sees the lovely Hsu Feng team up with Carter Wong to take on Chang Yi and his “bloody birds”. There is a great cast including Liu Ping, Kong Ban, Lung Fei, Sit Hon, Philip Ko, Chan Siu Pang, Kam Kong, Lee Chiu and Ma Cheung. Solid film this one.

Dragon On Fire - My DVD froze at the chapter stops

Fatal Flying Guillotine - Vengeance uses a cut German version and is quite cropped at the sides, cutting off text. World Video is uncut but full frame

Gold Connection - Mandarin track is incomplete and silent at times. The hard to find EVG DVD is the 1.55:1 transfer with complete English audio

Invincible Armour - all dvds are heavily cropped to 2.05:1 at best. German DVD has advantage of anamorphic enhancement and optional Mandarin audio

Iron Monkey - DVD is oddly stretched. English track jumps to Mandarin at one point

The Magnificent - Crash is wide non-anamorphic, Mandarin with Chinese/English subs

Queen Boxer - German DVD is wide and (I think) uncut)

Shaolin Zen Master - German DVD is uncut anamorphic OAR, Mandarin and English options

Why did I have to move here?

I'd love to pick up both "The Challenger" and "Buddha's Palm & Dragon Fist" and instead of getting them for three quid a pop, I have to shell out the dollar equivalent and more!

Maybe a trip back home is in order.

Why did I have to move here?

I'd love to pick up both "The Challenger" and "Buddha's Palm & Dragon Fist" and instead of getting them for three quid a pop, I have to shell out the dollar equivalent and more!

Maybe a trip back home is in order.

LoL well if it helps you feel better...the prices have gone up slightly :P

Did VV ever get around to releasing Crippled Kung Fu Boxer? It was announced (WS) a few years back, the trailer is on several releases, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

DVD_crippledKFboxer%20copy.jpg

ironfistedmonk

No Crippled Kung Fu Boxer and 10 Magnificent Killers never saw the light of day from VV :(

Am presently pulling the trigger on a number of these from play.com and am so grateful for the information on this thread-absolutely priceless. Much respect.:bigsmile:

Got Shaolin Invinicble Sticks last night on Vengeance. Kinda looks lifted straight from video but i didn't care. Lovely training sequence at the beginning with narration and cool music. Old school English dub complete with comedy voices. The fighting was pretty good, too, although there's a lady in it called Madam Nu who's awesome. I'll be honest-i only put it on as something in the background while i was tidying up me living room-in the end i just sat down and was hooked. Hope the other Vengeance titles i got coming are this good.

I picked up Rebellious Reign for £0.51 and a few other choice films today based on this list. Amazon is the way to go although some are rediculously priced. Does anybody have a better place to pick up HKL disks?

Also, can anybody do a full list of all the Rarescope releases and give info on which are worth buying, thanks.

I've got most of the discs, but only watched a handful. I'll fill in bits at a later date.

I have these Rarescope titles:

UK releases

Love and Sword - Tien Peng, Tien Ho, Ao Ti, Tang Pao-Yun, Wang Chung. Widescreen 1:2,35, English and Mandarin language, Chinese and English embedded subtitles. Disc includes documentary on Wu Tang Mountain. Wuxia film, I can't remember much about it. It seemed to be story-heavy and slightly confusing, but entertaining nevertheless.

Ninjas and Dragons - Junya Takagi, Xia Qing, Dong Li. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin language. Chinese and English subtitles. Disc includes original movie trailer and Yukio Someno film (whatever that is). My copy is still sealed and unwatched.

Chinese Hercules - Bolo Yeung, Chen Hui Min, Kong Fan, Corey Yuen. Widescreen 1:2,35, English and Mandarin language. English subtitles. Disc includes original trailer, original title sequence and stills gallery. Unwatched!

Drunken Dragon - Phillip Ko, Beardy, Sun Kuo-Ming, Chiang Sheng. Widescreen 1:1,85, English and Cantonese languages, English subtitles. Disc includes an interview with Phillip Ko and a William Yen demo. I loved this film. It's in the mould of stuff like Taoism Drunkard, packed with insane devices and surreal moments. Fights are undercranked iirc. I personally found this film hilarious and worth every penny. Recommended if you like this stuff.

Drunken Master Slippery Snake - Yuen Siu Tin, Cliff Lok, Chan Lung, Lee Hoi San. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin version with remastered English subtitles. Disc includes Cliff Lok interview, a deleted scene, stills gallery and Lee Hoi-San demo. Comedy kung fu which you'll either love or hate. Some decent shapes.

The Cub Tiger From KwangTung - Jackie Chan, Chan Hung Lieh, Han Kwo Tsai, Tien Fong. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin and English languages, with remastered English subtitles. Disc includes An Audience with Jackie Chan and stills gallery. Decent action and training scenes, but a stock story.

General Stone - Polly Shan Kwan, Lung Fei, Tan Tao Liang, Chuan Yuen, Chen Sum Lin. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin and English language with remastered English subtitles. Disc includes a Polly Shan Kwan interview and a stills gallery. I haven't watched this but Morgoth gives it a right hammering on amazon.com.

The Elimination Pursuit - Tien Peng, Chang Ling, Tien Ho, Peter Chen, Kwan Chung. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin language. English subtitles (embedded). Disc includes three bonus fights. Great swordplay film, about a badass gang who make the mistake of messing with Tien Peng. Good action throughout.

Kings of Fists and Dollars - David Chiang, Mark Long, Chang Ling, Cheng Lei. Widescreen 1:2,35. English language. Disc includes three bonus fights. Not particularly good.

The Face Behind the Mask - Hsu Feng, Yueh Hua, Lo Lieh, Hsu Chieh, Wu Chia-Hsiang. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin language with Chinese and English subtitles. Disc includes a stills gallery, original movie trailer and a photo tribute to Lo Lieh. Features Jackie Chan in a minor role. Swordplay film with the standard story of various experts challenging the supremacy of the Chief of the Martial World, and betrayal from within. Recommended.

Along Comes a Tiger - Wang Tao, Tung Wei, Lung Chun-Erh, Kao Fei, Li Ming-Wen. Anamorphic widescreen 1:2,35. English and Mandarin languages, with Rarescope remixes for both, and English subtitles. Audio commentary with Wang Tao and Toby Russell, the disc also includes an original movie trailer and a stills gallery. Wang Tao plays a silent man out for revenge on the Black Dragon Society. Decent fights throughout, I found this film to be quite relaxing to watch, rather than an edge-of-your-seat effort. The picture quality is odd, with a lot of blurring. Good audio commentary!

The Lost Swordship - Tien Peng, Wang Ping, Tang Pao-Yun, Pai Ying, Hu Chin, Tien Ho. Widescreen 1:2,0. English and Mandarin languages. Disc includes a stills gallery and Robert Tai's views on swordplay. Swordplay film, where an expert leader of a cult wishes to attain knowledge of a sword style. Tien Peng stands in his way. This film has a fascinating story, lovely settings and super action. Recommended.

Showdown at the Cotton Mill - Chi Kuan-Chun, Tan Tao Liang, Tang Hsiao-Wen, Chang Peng. Widescreen 1:2,35. Mandarin language with Chinese and English embedded subtitles. Disc includes stills gallery, Chi Kuan-Chun interview, Chi Kuan-Chun five animal style demo, Ching Kuo-Chung interview and Tan Tao Liang exhibition. Occasionally ropey film quality, with the odd jump in frames, but it can't spoil a very good shapes movie. Recommended.

Choi Lee Fut Kung Fu - Cliff Lok, Kao Fei, Yueng Pan Pan, Lin Chiao, Chan Siu Pang. Widescreen 1: 2, 35. English and Mandarin language versions, both with embedded English subtitles. Extras include a Cliff Lok interview and demo and a stills gallery. Shapes film, with nice action throughout, and a storming end fight. Not bad at all, but not brilliant either.

Dance of Death - Angela Mao, Chia Kai, Suen Rong Jye, Dean Shek, Wong Tai Liang. Widescreen 1:2,35. English and Mandarin languages, English subtitles. Extras include a stills gallery and an Angela Mao interview. Haven't seen this yet, only just arrived the other day. Supposedly a comedy with acrobatic fights, with action directed by Jackie Chan.

Warriors from the Water Margin - Liu Kwok Hing, Chui Chi Keung, Wong Hoi San, Mu Wai Fu, Suen Kin Kwok. Widescreen 16:9, English and Mandarin language, English and Japanese subtitles. Extras include a stills gallery and a Wu Shu demo. Unwatched.

Other UK releases -

Born to Fight

US releases

All unwatched, only just arrived recently.

Duel at the Supreme Gate - Le Di, Zhang Yang, Lei Zhen, Shek Kin. Anamorphic widescreen. Mandarin language with English subtitles. Original trailer included. Wuxia film. Average, apparently.

Double Feature - The Chinese Godfather and Duel of Karate - Both widescreen 1:2,35, both English language. Extra is the Last Days of Bruce Lee featurette. TCG stars Chan Wai Man and Betty Ting Pei. DOK stars Tien Peng and Chan Hong Liu. Both films get a rotten write up from Morgoth.

Double Feature - A Sword Named Revenge and The Dream Sword - ASNR is letterboxed (2:00:1), TDS is letterboxed (1:85:1). Both are Mandarin wih English subtitles. Bonus fight scenes included. ASNR stars Wang Guang Xiong and Mu Si Cheng. TDS stars Yueh Hua and Lung Fei. Wuxias, The Dream Sword is meant to be significantly better than A Sword Named Revenge.

Other US Rarescope releases -

Amazons and Supermen (Italian/HK fantasy film)

Double Feature - Shaolin vs Ninja and Shaolin vs Tai Chi

The Ninja Collection

Drunken Monk

I see the Vengeance Video titles are disgustingly cheap on Play.com. Is there a way to pick up these titles at the same great price but have them sent to the US?

You can get a majority of the RARESCOPE titles in the Flicks with Kicks box set (here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Flicks-Kicks-Advantage-Collection-Various/dp/B0016LHH80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1281973905&sr=8-1) [Note: you may see a Flicks with Kicks 2, which as far as I know has never been released].

There is also a set I currently cannot find info on but it is 10 movies from KUNG FU THEATER and 10 movies from RARESCOPE...this is the same 10 movies in the KUNG FU THEATER COLLECTION you can find on amazon but also includes 10 more from RARESCOPE (maybe under BCI???)...unfortuantely it is at home and I cannot get specifics on it right now.

[update - this is it: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rarescope-and-Kung-Fu-Theater-20-Movie-Collection-NEW-/120578929645?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray but you can get it A LOT cheaper if you look around]

I also have what I think is a comprehensive list of VENGEANGE VIDEO titles at home...something like 125+ titles? Just a few more than listed in this thread and includes titles that were never released...I can post that, too...when I get home.

Pretty much sure I've got the full set too, Rock_Bottom. It'll be interesting to compare lists!

I know that Evil Destroyer and Century Hero weren't on the original list on page 3 of this thread.

Archived