Shoalin Hero...the one with Meng Fei/Beardy

Guest Topgun

Guest Topgun

I wonder if any one of you have noticed this scene in the " Shaolin Hero", starring Meng Fei and Beardy Liang Jia Ren.

After watching it over more than 10 times on VHS and VCD.

Last several days, as I was watching it from the scence where there is a reflection time when Meng Fei and his girl friend are walking in the flower garden, on my labtop computer, I noticed something flashing very fast in the background. I rewinded it back-and-fort to see what it was. Ah...huh.... here we go--the flower garden is located next to a highway. I mean, you can easily see cars flying by on the background.

What an unfortunate waste of a piece of a good movie!

Could some else comment on this? Many thanks.

Topgun

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

This is historically accurate, as the Abbot responsible for the Shaolin flower gardens at the the time of the Ming dynasty recognised the importance of good transport links.

Guest thundered mantis

There are tons of mistakes like that in kf movies (as in other movies also). In Drunken Master, you can actually see a soccer goal near the place where bamboo king and Jackie are fightin´

Guest oldeschool17
This is historically accurate, as the Abbot responsible for the Shaolin flower gardens at the the time of the Ming dynasty recognised the importance of good transport links.

lol :rollin

Guest Markgway

You'd think they could find a bit of space in Korea that didn't have cars zooming in the background. I wish I still had the film so I could have a laugh.

Guest JustinB123

There is a scene in one of the Celestial Shaw Bros. releases where you can see a moving car in the background. I think it was a Cheng Pei-Pei film, but I can't remember which one. I also noticed a car in the background of one of the final scenes of Axing of the Coffin.

Guest johnnydragon

how could you watch Shaolin Hero more then once!

this is like one of the worst movies of all time! and I've

been watching for 30+ years!

Guest morgoth

Shaolin Hero is incredibly stupid, but I liked it. I can't explain why, but it was just so weird and stupid that I couldn't help but like it. And the fight scenes are good.

Guest Markgway

It's been a while... but I've seen a lot worse.

I think the original title is The Great Massacre and the Korean version features different lead actors.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Every once in a while you can spot telephone poles in the backgound of these "classic" films. :lol

Guest gfanikf

Don't forget the modern cop (who is also really tall) complete with the green shorts, walking around in Joesph Kuo's Shao-Lin Kung Fu (I think thats the title).

Archived