WING CHUN THE SERIES

GungFu

Haz, is "FEARLESS" the Huo Yuan Jia series with Ekin Chen? I have that series, but it's just called HUO YUAN JIA on my release.

Yep, mine says "Fearless - A Chinese Hero"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. I was wondering if maybe they made his character "go sulk by himself" as an excuse to ease up his filming requirements for this series. He was probably also performing concerts, in the recording studio, doing commercials, and talk show appearences the whole time they were shooting this series. His character was a bit frustrating, and despite his learning the moves for his role... I never felt he was able to convey any kind of power in his Wing Chun. The above-average choreography was a nice way to compensate for his physical performance's shortcomings though.

It was fantastic to see Yuen Biao doing Wing Chun kung fu again. His acting has definitely matured a great deal over the years. I gotta say- I always thought he was underused in HK cinema. I could have watched him starring in at least 50 more HK movies easy!

Also loved Sammo in this, especially his teaching scenes.

Gordon's cameo was good, but left me wanting much more.

I did feel that it used some prehistoric plot devices, and was a little too soap-opera-y (as previously mentioned), but I still enjoyed it. I'd probably rate it a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

I recently started Biao's other recent Wing Chun TV series- REAL KUNG FU- and so far it's even better, with more emphasis on Biao's character (it's less of an ensemble piece than WING CHUN) and the action. And again, this series features most of the same historical figures as the films WARRIORS TWO and PRODIGAL SON did. Did I mention Yuen Wah plays Biao's teacher? :) Cool!

totally agreed with you! couldn't have said it better myself!

i think i bought mine from yesasia. i love biao in here and actually wished he was the main main star instead of nic.

he was definitely underused in movies during his prime. would have love to watch more movies of him.

i think borders.com might carry some of his tv series too - and lotsa time they have 20%, 30% and even 40% off coupons. i'm actually looking to get his "ultimate crime fighter" from there.

wudangimmortal

any information regarding the four?

im going to see real kung fu soon, and thinking of getting huo yuan jia, and handsome siblings.

lillippa328

hey dont mean 2 bump this but is this the series that Legend of the Twin Dragons was compiled of?

Because i bought it as it was marketed as a sequal to prodigal son, and it wasnt bad, but if it was a tv series im sure it was a bunch left out....

I watched it on my GekTV IPTV,it's good

In fact I have been watching alot of action/kungfu TV series on gektv.All Kungfu/action.Asian drama movie-lovers should checkout this IPTV thing.

Hey Crazed Justice, Fivestarlaser have Real Kung Fu for $16. That is a crazy price for such a good series.

Archived