Ninja In The Dragon's Den

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Thinking of getting this Conan Lee flick.

Is this the original title in the cinemas too?

Anybody like the movie?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

This is a classic 80's flick and my favorite "Ninja" film of all time. Definately Conan's best! Great Yuen Woo Ping fight choreography, my only complaint is I thought HJL was under utilized in the finale.

Guest killer meteor

Corey Yuen directed it - I think it was his debut

Really enjoyable film - this is one of the few I prefer in English. And yes, that's the original title. The HKL DVD is the best and not bad

Guest morgoth

C-Town kid- I wasn't disappointed with Hwang because it was like the movie ended, and then you get all these bonus fights, including Hwang! And this is definitely where the ear thing from Reservoir Dogs comes from.

You have to get this Ivy Ling. One of the best kung fu movies ever. Shaka Ninja.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Excellent flick! Love the mix of classic ninja and kung fu action. The HKL disc is a must own.

And gfanikf, this isnt the first (but hopefully last) time you've shared this photo with us. One of your favs huh?? ;)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Oh no, not the gay stuff again :rollin

Well I'm glad you didn't find HJL's fight disappointing Morgoth but Hwang's fight is just way to short imo and I was hoping to see more from him. It was nice to see him in that cameo role though, a little is better than nothing. ;)

Guest Chen Zhen

hands down my fav ninja movie, and one of my old skool favs. Corey Yuen did a great job with the choreography and direction of the movie. just dont go watching this expecting it to be a hwang movie, cuz it isnt....but as always he rocks.

yeah conan lee was great in it, but i think the REAL winner in this movie was Hiroyuki/Henry Sanada. he was friggin good in this all around and he impressed me more than conan.

Guest The Running Man

Hiroyuki Sanada was so great at handling the high standards of HK action.

A shame he only did one other HK film and not more so that his physical talents could really be put to use and be filmed right.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Can't find Gay Hero in Conan Lee's filmography?

Is it known by any other title?

Thanks for the advice......I have ordered Ninja In Dragon's Den.

Guest stormybman

Everybody now...." The theme song...." :rollin !!!

It's one of the best for a kung fu film of all time, right up there with Man From Hong Kong, Black Belt Jones, Blood of the Dragon, and The Dragon Lives...

Hey, that's a good thread, best kung fu film soundtracks...:D

I have come for the revenge of my master, this doesn't concern you, so I'll allow you to leave...

Omni Dragon

I saw this film long time ago & like it very much also it's based on 1 of my all time favourite shaw bros film & probably all time fave of Gordon Liu Heroes of the East.

Guest WuxiaFan
excellent movie, beyond normal standards.

One of my all time favorites. The HKL disc is outstanding!

Guest WuxiaFan
I'm interested. Can anyone recommend a good version?

If you have a universal player that will properly convert PAL to NTSC, the Hong Kong Legends (HKL) is the best version. If you're looking for an R1, I'm not sure. If you are region-free (universal), then you'll want to check amazon.uk.co, chaos.com, or hongkong-store.com for the largest collections of HKL discs. HKL is out of business, so any retailer that has them is limited to stock on hand.

Archived