Samurai Sentai Shinkenger

AlbertV

As a sister thread to this:

Super Sentai Series, I have learned about some rumored information revolving around the 2009 Sentai series, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

Here's the rumor mill so far that Toei may be doing:

-The Rangers are going to consist of a family, like Mahou Sentai Majiranger.

-ShinkenPink is going to be the leader of the team, who is the mother of the family.

-Each costume has a samurai star on their chest.

-Some early leaked photos of what the helmets may look like appeared on the Net. Check here for early drafts of the suits and helmets:

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1671

The Mecha:

-Blue's animal is the most clear. It is a Blue Dragon.

-Red's animal is thought to be a Lion, but the image is not clear.

-Green's animal is not so clear, he thinks it could be a Bear, or possibly still a Turtle

-Yellow and Pink's animals are not shown in their mecha forms, but only as arms to the gattai robot, (pink as right arm, yellow as left), so he is not sure what animals they have

-The robot's fists seem to be able to grasp things/open up (not exactly a revelation, but is nice to have a robo toy that can grip weapons.)

-Whatever animal Red actually is (lion being the most likely), its head will make up the chest of the robot, with the rest of red's mecha becoming the body and head.

-Green and Blue's animals' heads are positioned as feet when they form the legs. (Green as right leg, blue as left)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prometheus126

I'm really hoping this is as awesome as it seems! go-onger was lame as crap and I want it to go back to the awesomeness of geki,bouken and the others!! I'm loving the samurai motive.

The official Japanese site is now up. Looks like the rumor mill in terms of the "family" theme is not true.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinken/

Each helmet represents a different element:

Red = fire

Blue = water

Green = wood

Yellow = earth

Pink = sky

I personally like the design of the helmets. I hope this fares better than Go-Onger.

Cast (Wikipedia):

Takeru Shiba/Shinken Red: Tori Matsuzaka

Ryūnosuke Ikenami/Shinken Blue: Hiroki Aiba

Chiaki Tani/Shinken Green: Shogo Suzuki

Kotoha Hanaori/Shinken Yellow: Suzuka Morita

Mako Shiraishi/Shinken Pink: Rin Takanashi

Albert, I confess I'm a little behind on my sentai/Power Rangers info. The last Sentai I saw episodes of is "Gekiranger." The last Power Rangers show I watched (on ToonDisney) was "PR Jungle Fury." (My local Japanese video store stopped carrying the new sentai shows after "Gekiranger." And I don't download.)

So, what's the sentai show after Gekiranger? And is this Shinkenger series newer than that?

And what's the next PR show and which one is it based on?

Thanks.

prometheus126
Albert, I confess I'm a little behind on my sentai/Power Rangers info. The last Sentai I saw episodes of is "Gekiranger." The last Power Rangers show I watched (on ToonDisney) was "PR Jungle Fury." (My local Japanese video store stopped carrying the new sentai shows after "Gekiranger." And I don't download.)

So, what's the sentai show after Gekiranger? And is this Shinkenger series newer than that?

And what's the next PR show and which one is it based on?

Thanks.

I know I'm not albert but if you wouldn't mind hearing the source from another mouth, the sentai after gekirangers was go-ongers which was comedic heavy and centered around cars.

shinkengers is the series that's gonna be coming up right after the newest one, engine sentai go-ongers wraps up. and the next PR shows gonna be based on go-ongers called power rangers rpm.

sorry ya can't download but if you go to veoh, ya can check out almost all of the sentais past and present, most of them have at least a few episodes if not the whole series up.

Thanks for the headsup prometheus.

Engine Sentai Go-Onger was a little silly IMO. I wonder how they are going to perceive with Power Rangers RPM. The series is getting a preview on ABC Kids on March 7. Not sure when the Disney XD Premiere will be, but I think its late February.

I have a good feeling Shinkenger will be in the tone of Gekiranger. I really enjoyed Gekiranger and I consider it one of my favorite Sentai series.

I saw the premiere episode of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and it looks like it's going to be a fun series and I mean better than Go-Onger.

From what I can sort of understand, the story revolves around samurai lord Takeru Shiba, who becomes the ShinkenRed Ranger and his summoning of the other four selected Rangers, one a Kabuki performer, a preschool teacher, a flute player, and an arcade playing kid.

An evil force called Volcom has come to threaten Earth and the Rangers use these cell phones with pen blades at the top to write their respective element in character to become the Shinkengers.

ShinkenRed represents Fire, ShinkenBlue represents Water, ShinkenGreen represents Wood, ShinkenPink represents Sky, and ShinkenYellow represents Earth. The character for the elements are the visors on the Ranger helmets.

An added bonus, I really like the theme song as well.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvpJ96veSxo

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKg0tJMIck

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JjBpksxC4

Sorry...no English subs on this one...yet!

Update: Disney X-D will NOT play Power Rangers RPM...it's an ABC Kids exclusive. I have to watch the show via Youtube because where I live, at 12, they show the freaking News at Noon instead of RPM.

I will tell you...compared to Go-Onger, RPM is by far better and one of the best PR series IMO. It is perhaps their darkest series to date.

A little Samurai Sentai Shinkenger update:

A 6th Shinkenger has joined the team. ShinkenGold, the Samurai of Light, has joined the team. He is a former friend of ShinkenRed Takeru Shiba who has returned to join him and the others in battle. He is the son of a sushi shop owner and has created his own Mokujin disk to assist the Shinkengers.

Am reviving this thread, this is for both Sentai and J-Rock fans. Shogo Suzuki, who played ShinkenGreen Chiaki Tani, is guitarist for a band called Cocoa Otoko. Here's one of their PV's, pretty good song.

LP8mHw31rFE

Also learned ShinkenBlue, Hiroki Aiba, is a J-Pop singer as well.

Archived