Black Dynamite (2009)

CrazyFrog

Guest WuxiaFan
With all of the hype, I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. It exceeded them. Absolutely hilarious. :xd:

Glad to hear you are on the BLACK DYNAMITE train as well. You are in great company if I don't say so myself.....:angel:

AGREE completely with gorhama!

:29_003:

my favorite scene is when bullhorn slaps a guy in the pool hall who then gets replace by a double,and of course I threw that before I came in the room trick.

AGREE completely with gorhama!

:29_003:

Oh! I am on the train, you guys! For sure! :bigsmile:

I lloved the scene where Black Dynamite says " Euphoria, shut the fuck up! I know that was you, I ain't even gotta look! I should send your ass back to Crenshaw Pete with his hot ass coat hangers, bitch! Would you like that?"

I almost cried.

I think I also respected the fact that Michael Jai White was a fan of exploitation films. You don't make a film that accurately hilarious without knowing the source material, you know?

Oh! I am on the train, you guys! For sure! :bigsmile:

I lloved the scene where Black Dynamite says " Euphoria, shut the fuck up! I know that was you, I ain't even gotta look! I should send your ass back to Crenshaw Pete with his hot ass coat hangers, bitch! Would you like that?"

I almost cried.

I think I also respected the fact that Michael Jai White was a fan of exploitation films. You don't make a film that accurately hilarious without knowing the source material, you know?

I loved this part as well.

Totally this was not a "Scary Movie" type film this was an homage in the purist sense.

Exactly, this wasn't what would be traditionally referred to as a "spoof" in the Scary Movie sense (random "mini spoofs" of other movies that don't match the scenes, etc), but was meant to be a recreation of the blaxploitation films, but with "added cheese". It would be like watching somebody make Master of the Flying Guillotine now EXACTLY the way Jimmy Wang Yu shot it... but perhaps with a tad more intentional humor :tongue:

This movie is a modern classic, I think. I can't wait for the sequels. Also, I think Tommy Davidson stole this movie as Creamed Corn.

I liked it, a few laugh out loud moments, overall very entertaining. After watching a few minutes I asked my wife when she thought the movie came out, she said 1978.

I noted more than a few tributes to the classics: Black Belt Jones, Return of the Dragon, Disco Godfather and of course Dolomite, and many more.

I finally watched this today and I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I laughed so much watching a film. White's script is fantastic (when the white haired villain stopped and said to his henchman "What the f***", I had to rewind the DVD because I missed the next few minutes laughing!). I really hope there is a sequal.

A sequel could still happen, but until then there's a comic book and last year's animated TV show for you to check out, Sam!

Finally caught the movie after seeing quite a bit of the cartoon series.

The most entertaining movie I've seen in a while.

I want to be black dynamite when I grow up.

Too bad the cartoon series was just cancelled after a couple episodes of the second season. I liked the movies but I liked the cartoon series more.

Finally watched Black Dynamite today and it was awesome! A movie hasn't made me laugh so hard in a long time. And on top of the funny parts were very well done action scenes. You can defiantly tell that this was a passion project for the people involved. Its easily a 5/5 for me. Check it out if you haven't already. Man, I love this movie! 

• Like 4