Black Dynamite (2009)

CrazyFrog

Morgoth Bauglir

Dammit I knew this would happen to me. Every time I read about everybody either loving or hating a movie, I end up being stuck in the middle It starts out extremely funny, but gets worse as it goes along. Still pretty good throughout. I look forward to watching it again. Especialy the first 30 minutes or so. I give it a rating of 6/10.

“Who the hell is interrupting my kung fu!”

“Black Dynamite, it’s your aunt Billy”

“Aunt Billy how many times have I told you not to call here and interrupt my kung fu!”

Guest WuxiaFan

“Who the hell is interrupting my kung fu!”

“Black Dynamite, it’s your aunt Billy”

“Aunt Billy how many times have I told you not to call here and interrupt my kung fu!”

Those were some of my favorite lines in the movie!

:yociexp100:

I actually got to talk to the director last night on Facebook! I bugged him about some of the uncredited music, specifically the music when Black Dynamite takes out the secret service agents right before fighting "The Man". This was the same music used in the trailers for Tattoo Connection and The Three Avengers. It's called "Against The Clock" by John Shakespeare. I tried to find out the music when they first attack "Kung Fu Island" (as I also remember this music from the US trailer of "Snake Fist Fighter"!), but he gave me the wrong track :tongue: He was off by one scene, as I think he was looking at a list of the music they used from KPM.

Still, it was cool to actually chat with him. I told him Black Dynamite was going to play at the AFI in Silver Spring, and he got all excited as apparently he was from the area. Small world :tongue:

Those were some of my favorite lines in the movie!

:yociexp100:

One of mine was

"There was this little Chinese boy on the ground and he was talking to me. I had no idea what he was saying. It sounded like some cartoon shit. But then, it came to clear to me as if I could understand him. It was like he was asking me a question. Why Black Dynamite? Why?"

I started to enjoy "Militant #2" after listening to the commentary, as apparently he's the "bad actor" of the group. I didn't notice, but he has a bad habit throughout the movie of not only saying his lines, but also reading his stage directions out loud. One of his first lines is "(The Militant turns startled! ) This is private, how did you get in?" Meanwhile, I realize why Black Dynamite looks confused, as he's thinking "did he just read out his stage direction?"

In the commentary, they basically said that all of the actors, such as Michael Jai White, are technically all playing other actors (in his case, "Feronte Jones") who are in turn playing the characters, such as Black Dynamite. So whenever "Militant #2" messes up by reading a stage direction or dong something out of turn (like cocking a shotgun over someone's line), Black Dynamite/Feronte Jones looks frustrated and/or confused :tongue:

FINALLY watched this yesterday. Man I coulsn't have laughed harder. I to gew up watching a LOT of blaxploitation flicks as a yougin, and this took me back. Kinda surprised at the amount of established actors involved.

"tell me who did it and I'll leave a little puddle"

"Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery."

roscoes chili & donuts

captain kangaroo pimp

KUNG FU ISLAND !!! (GREAT Jim Kelly reference)

"diabolical dick-shrinkin' muthafucka"

Nixon with presidential nunchucks

kung fu lincoln

GOLD I tell ya :yociexp115::yociexp102:

:yociexp67:

SIFU Mark Pollard wrote a SUPERB review of BLACK DYNAMITE that is (as usuall) 100% spot on!

http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-black-dynamite-2009-13796

Same with the DVD Review:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/review-black-dynamite-dvd-sony-pictures-13781

GLAD YOU CAN DIG IT, MARK!

:yociexp102:

Totally agree....BLACK DYNAMITE...gives you the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I had to watch this Corny Ass movie again to see if I was missing something here, but it still is just plain stupid! I wish I knew what everyone else is on that watched this movie because I would love to have some of it! :bigsmile:

I'm now on my fourth viewing of this and it really fried my eggs, y'know? I LOVE IT!!! :bigsmile:

For me, it all works - the jokes, the cast, the story, the soundtrack, the use of old footage and, of course, the Enter The Dragon references!!

Bring on BLACK DYNAMITE 2!!!

• Administrator
I refuse to let this happen to you little man! I will shake this poisonous shit out of your little smacked up body if I have to!!!

I love that Salli says "We already tried that." totally straight-faced! :xd:

I enjoy this more each time I watch it! :nerd:

Some of my favorite lines:

Bullhorn, can I get you anything?

Yes. I would like some of that ass.

I'm looking for Nipsy.

There's no Nipsy here.

Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. Where's Nipsy?

Here I am, sucker!

Black Dynamite, that was the best loving I ever had.

Me too.

That goes triple for me.

Mama, you're gonna wake up the rest of the bitches.

Some of my favorite lines:

Bullhorn, can I get you anything?

Yes. I would like some of that ass.

I'm looking for Nipsy.

There's no Nipsy here.

Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. Where's Nipsy?

Here I am, sucker!

Black Dynamite, that was the best loving I ever had.

Me too.

That goes triple for me.

Mama, you're gonna wake up the rest of the bitches.

I am going to pick this up today, just from reading those quotes alone! This kind of stuff is great to have in the collection... Sort of like, "I'm Gonna Git You Sucker!"

:bigsmile:

I absolutely love this movie! I just wish that the Blu-Ray wasn't so damn expensive.

I rented it on blu-ray from netflix. I plan on picking up the blu-ray disc to help support the film.

I love when he's fighting in his home made dojo and everytime the stunt man turns to run he's always in the right spot to lay a beat down. Followed by the phone call....

"Aunt Billie I thought I told you never to interupt my kung fu!!!!!"

"Beat it you jive turkeys....see you tomorrow."

I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it!!

Also so awesome when he's using the nunchuku in the pool hall fight and he looses them and they fly back into his hand and he just keeps on going!!

This movie is a total classic.

Also so awesome when he's using the nunchuku in the pool hall fight and he looses them and they fly back into his hand and he just keeps on going!!

This movie is a total classic.

LOVED the 'chucks scene so much I kept rewinding and rewatching laughing until the tears were pouring out!

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the Blu-Ray. This movie is just too damn good to not have in my collection.

With all of the hype, I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. It exceeded them. Absolutely hilarious. :xd:

With all of the hype, I was afraid that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. It exceeded them. Absolutely hilarious. :xd:

Glad to hear you are on the BLACK DYNAMITE train as well. You are in great company if I don't say so myself.....:angel: