Black Dynamite (2009)

CrazyFrog

It should probably be illegal for a movie to kick this much ass.

best fucking quote ever. seriously that should be on the flyer. i can't wait for this film

This looks like the real "Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle" Hahaha....It's like Shaft, Dolemite, and the Black Dragon rolled up in one nice little package and definitely looking forward to the movie!!!! That trailer is classic!!!

More good news:

Sony Pictures must love Michael Jai White. They picked up the rights to two of White's latest, including Black Dynamite

Dark Horizons:

Sony Pictures acquired the rights to the blaxploitation spoof Black Dynamite reports Variety.

Picked up overnight at the Sundance Film Festival for a cool $2 million, the deal came with a heavy marketing commitment from Sony and the studio will aim for a release later this year.

Set in the 1970s, Black Dynamite is an African-American action legend and the one hero willing to fight The Man all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House.

The studio hopes to spawn a franchise from the film which stars Michael Jai White, Mykelti Williamson, Bokeem Woodbine, Roger Yuan, Tucker Smallwood, Salli Richardson, Miguel A. Núñez Jr, Phil Morris and Nicole Sullivan.

• Administrator

Just based on the trailer and MJW's skills, I'm clearing a spot on a shelf for a whole series of these films. I can't wait to see this!

He needs more roles showing his skills pronto. When we went to see the DARK KNIGHT and he popped up, I turned to my son and said "Batman's in trouble." Sorry he didn't get any action in an otherwise cool movie. But at least he's getting work in a few major Hollywood productions, and hopefully getting a nice paychecks for it too.

Coming up I had high hopes for Michael Jai White, he was great as Tyson, anyone seen it?

Hey, Kung fu Bob, I though the same thing. Until.......... after it was over, I looked at my fiance and said Bull Shit.

I am looking forward to seeing Black Dynamite, it has a pretty good cast. I hope it gets released in theaters

I definitely can't wait to see this. I hope that the fight scenes are good. Michael Jai White is a good martial artists and I'm sure he'll want some depth put into the fights

Jesse Smooth

I think sometime in September, supposedly. If that Machete movie with Danny Trejo were to ever be made, i would love to see it along with this as a Double Feature.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I think sometime in September, supposedly. If that Machete movie with Danny Trejo were to ever be made, i would love to see it along with this as a Double Feature.

Thanks Jesse. I thought I heard that Robert Rodreiguez (spelling?) had finally actually started filming MACHETTE? Yes, that would be an incredible double feature!

it's movies like these that reconfirm my faith in god

XD

I have to be the awkward one and disagree. I would never put this film in a double feature because I have a feeling it is going to be too good a film to share the limelight.

I mean, Sony saw it at a festival then spent all night hammering out a lucrative deal with its makers. They are going to spend at least a million dollars marketing the film with a view to launching it as a franchise.

It must have been amazing to warrant them jumping on it like that.

NostalgiaKing

The movie is amazing, I've seen it 3 times so far. Everything from the action, the the cast (a cameo appearances too!), the soundtrack, and dialog are all official of 70's blaxploitation flicks.

We recently threw the Official Black Dyanmite premier party during the Tribeca Film Fest in NYC. I was the DJ for the event and had a collection of my blaxploitation posters on display. The director and most of the cast was at the party as well. Sony was smart for picking this up.

Skeme

Trapped Inside Late Night TV

www.areyousleepyet.blogspot.com

sifu iron perm

This is the story of 1970s African-American action legend Black Dynamite. The Man killed his brother, pumped heroin into local orphanages, and flooded the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor. Black Dynamite was the one hero willing to fight The Man all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House.

:tongue:

i gave it a 9/10, this flick was very on point,. proper grindhouse flavour.

btw, if anyone wants a dvd rip, holler, i have a very good DL link.