The Black Enforcer - Cast?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

According to the HKFA Tsai No is in this film but I didn't spot him. Who does he play? or is it a mistake?

Who does Choe Seong play? Is it "Kuan Lao" - Tien Feng's second son? The one who throws Tang Ching in the dungeon.

Thanx.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

1972 and the direction is much better than the script.

Which reminds me - the HKFA, HKMDB, and KOFA credit the writer as Ho Hua (aka Ho Meng-Hua) but on the film it's Ting Shan-Hsi. No writer credit on the poster.

The cast credits on the poster are as follows (in order):

Wang Ping, Tang Ching, Tien Feng, Bang In-Ja, Huang Chung-Yun, Chao Hsiung, Tsai No, Cliff Lok, Choe Gwang-Ho, Choe Seong.

Bolded names are Koreans.

Cast as they appear on film print:

Wang Ping, Tang Ching, Tien Feng, Bang in-Ja, Chao Hsiung, Choe Gwang-Ho, Choe Seong, Cliff Lok, Huang Ching-Yun... and an unknown name.

I'll post a screen cap in a bit. Maybe someone can translate it?

Appearing in the film unbilled are Kang Hua (as Tien Feng's partner) and Erh Chun (as the corrupt constable). Neither of their names match (at least as currently recognised).

Guest Markgway

Supporting Cast: Can anyone translate the name on the left of the screen?

Enforcer1.jpg

Ting Shan-Hsi's screenplay credit:

Enforcer2.jpg

Anyone recognise the old dear?

Enforcer3.jpg

Who this?

Enforcer4.jpg

And him? (Not Cliff Lok)

Enforcer5.jpg

Nice screenshots! I see my transfer came out alright, despite having to redo it in mono because of some audio problems. XD That print even has a slight wideness to it, but ideally we're counting on Celestial; correction: we are counting on you fans to kick Celestial up the butt! :P

CELESTIAL IF YOU CAN HEAR ME! RELEASE RECKLESS CRICKET!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT TO KILL A MASTERMIND AND THE OTHERS!!!! JUST RECKLESS CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

(only joking) ;)

my copy of this film doesn't have the video ID in the upper left hand corner. Still haven't gotten around to finishing this one yet. Will most likely do so tonight since it's in the dvd player now.;)

Guest Markgway
I see my transfer came out alright, despite having to redo it in mono because of some audio problems. XD

Actually there was an audio problem. The sound only comes out of the left speaker for the first hour. After that it sounds fine. The picture was a big improvement on the last copy I got which I couldn't tolerate. Film wasn't all that but I'm glad I've had the opportunity to see it. :)

Guest Markgway
That name on the left translates as Cui Li (mandarin spelling) according to my missus.

Is she sure? I checked for Cui and Li and no character match. I'm not being cheeky but the credit on the far RIGHT of the cap is Cui 崔 and Xing 星 (which actually looks like the character Li 里). Maybe she looked at the wrong name? Sorry if I'M wrong.

Yang Wu Liang

"I'm not being cheeky but the credit on the far RIGHT of the cap is Cui"

LOL what a halfwit, I pointed out the one on the right to her! So you're ok with the left one now? I'll get her to check anyway.

Archived