Chinese Boxer IVL

shaolin drunkard

shaolin drunkard

is it uncut?and overall is movie entertaining?for some reason I have missed this and now in situation should choose between this and spiritual boxer.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE CHINESE BOXER is probably the most important kung fu film of its era, the one that, more than any other, paved the way for the kung fu film, as a distinct genre, to flourish in the 1970s. I daresay that the success of THE CHINESE BOXER made Bruce Lee's films at Golden Harvest a more feasible proposition. Had THE CHINESE BOXER not been made, Lee certainly would have come out in starring roles anyway at some point, but maybe not when he did and maybe not in the type of role he did. THE CHINESE BOXER came out in the U.S. in the spring of 1973 in an English dub called THE HAMMER OF GOD, not long after FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH was released in the U.S.

I would definitely choose this over SPIRITUAL BOXER, an interesting film but not a particularly distinguished one.

According to Spannick, Celestial's master suffers from frame-cuts (at the end of a take - splices) and cuts throughout (like facial re-actions). All likely done to save time/budget, or out of laziness. However, we mustn't blame Celestial - hitting on forum members posting images is a more important use of their time.

I find it unwatchable due to the appaling audio job!

If you've watched the washed out, faded, colorless, hissing audio, of the VHS copy I've had the last 15yrs, you wouldn't complain about that, my friend.

:nerd:

Killer Meteor
a good movie--two thumbs up-------stick with the english dub version.

You know some of us want to see the film in its intended language?

That said, the dub for it is not bad!

shaolin drunkard

watched it!fights are not so great(they are not that in any jimmy wang yu film I have seen)but they are brutal and lots of them.There is something in jimmy wang yus character he never fails to deliver,usually doomed hero who takes down army of enemies before his own death.now...what is best version of "invincible"?

Archived