Errors at RareKFM

falkor

I seriously need to sort out some validation rules because errors keep being left on the database and website. For example:

http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/additions/newTitlesVersions.html

13/11/2008 Widescreen English / Chinese with German Subtitles

assigned to Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue

Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue isn't in bold meaning there's no versions available, when really there should be this widescreen English version. This error is rare because I have checks I perform before each update that should fix this kind of problem beforehand.

13/11/2008 Fullscreen Chinese with Japanese Subtitles

assigned to Ninja In The Dragon’s Den

If you go inside there is no screenshots and the PAL/NTSC part is missing.

However, the most common error is that languages/subtitles are left blank in the same fashion as the previous example, or "No subtitles" has mistakenly been assigned as Japanese subtitles on some titles, when clearly there are no Jap subs in the screenshots (Ninja in the Dragon's Den genuinely does have Jap subs though).

Note: Wei Ping Au's cast photo got lost somewhere, but all missing cast photos have been fixed for next update, so no worries there.

If you spot any errors like the examples above then please let us know! Again, I will be working on some error detection scripts, but I fear they won't be enough to fish out all the bugs on the site. Even if its some messed up text in the Synopsis field I'd appreciate it if you let us know. Cheers.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived