help me remember this movie with fat guy kung fu and chopsticks

arana

well i remember i was like 10 years old, around 1980 or sumtn,

there was a movie in wich a guy is not accepted to be student of some kung fu school, but they put him as a cook or chef in the kitchen, he was all pissed because he coulndt learn kungfu like the rest, but he spied on them daily and applied all what he saw in his daily kitchen tasks, when he notices and almost by accident he has some fight and he happens to be very good at kung fu just by learning by his own in the kitchen. this is all i can remember,

well there is something else i remember but this might be mi memory playing tricks on me an is probably part of another movie, according to my thc memory this guy's stomach grows like if he was pregnant and that is when he is ready to become a master, he then uses his bely to hit his enemies much like po in kungfu panda uses his stomach in more than one occasion.

i even remember they had a fight for food much ala kungfu panda chopstick fight, but i think that time the food was shrimp instead of dumplings.

if you remember the movie name , or if those are more than one mixed in my mind i would be glad if you can tell me the names, coz i want to see those again.

Thank you.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

The belly bit sounds like The Snake Strikes Back with Elton Chong, Mike Wong plays a beggar who stores his chi power in his gut and uses it as a weapon!

actually its belly grew in seconds , and looked literally as a 9 month pregnant guy lol, he used it to hit his oponnents as if it was just another extension of his body, it might be, do you remember if he trained in a kitchen of a school/temple? (actually using kitchen hardware to practice boh, and using cookware as swords and stuff

shaolindogpaw

It is an Elton Chong movie. Fist of the Golden Monkey. Do a search on google for Elton Chong. My tribute video is the second entry that comes up. I remember using parts of that movie in it. Hope it helps.

Archived