Edge of Fury (1978)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Can anyone confirm if the Platinum Media DVD of this Ho Tsung-Tao film is censored?

The scene in which Dana and Wai Lit are in the shower JUMPS to them lying post-coital in bed. There was supposed to be a sex scene wasn't there?

Also it looks as if some swearing was edited. Makes me think US TV version BUT later on Ho uses the word "bastard" and Dana flashes her tits to Kao Yuan in his office. We see nipples so that can't have been on TV.

What's the source of this print and is there an uncut version available?

Thx.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pretty sure it is the tv print. alot of times one print would be edited very poorly considering the type of film.....mistakes would be left in (ie sex and swearing)...for the most part it is the responsibility of the station to edit further after they buy the package from whatever distributor (alot of kf films were sold in packages with other films and crappy public domain tv shows, depending on the company). ive worked at tv stations...and when i worked for svengoolie (a local horror movie host) he was always having to go through the prints that were sent to him just to catch the things they didnt...or even if they edited them at all...there were some times (and not on his show) that swears and split second nudity would make it on chicago uhf stations because of this. and for some reason they don't censor bastard out here. hope that helps. i do know that out here the tv stations would keep in all the fighting and leave in the nunchucku scenes as well

bruceleeclones

ive got a widescreen version of this film, i think its uncut, compared to that version anyway. I'll dig it out and have a check when i get a chance

Guest Markgway

I'd heard that Dana does another full frontal (usually the only good part of these movies) but not in the print I saw.

Why DVD companies steal TV versions when they can steal better versions from someplace else is another question.

bruceleeclones

ive got a still of Dana and the guy in the shower (that sounds very pervy haha). I think the scene is in the other version i have.

Archived