kungfusamurai

Which Film Do You Rate The Highest Overall  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Film Do You Rate The Highest Overall

• Five Masters Of Shaolin
    • Executioners Of Shoalin
    • Fist/Clan Of The White Lotus

kungfusamurai

I'm just testing out the polling feature on this board by pulling together the two discussion threads to see how many people think which of the three films are better. Bear with me, I don't know exactly how this works, so we'll see how it goes.

KFS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it is based on fighting scenes only then for me it is clan, if it is the story its Executioners. I never liked 5 shaolin.

5 Masters of Death, because it has that traitor Ma Fu Yi in it!! Seriously, its easy to root for the characters in this film. I also like the way they "rediscover" themselves, who they are, what their destiny is, in the wilderness.

Fist of the White Lotus: Paced better. Choreography is tighter (newer movie, too) A little more colorful. Kara Hui! :P

Executioners of Shaolin: A better piece of filmmaking. Straight up - no bs!

Five Shaolin Master: Love the all-star lineup. But, doesn't compare to the above two films. Doesn't even belong on this thread.

Executioners of Shaolin barely wins of Fist of the Lotus.

• Administrator
I dig all 3 films but Executioners for me, why is the poll closed?

When you set up a poll, which Kungfusamurai mentioned he was only doing for the first time, you choose how long you want it to last. I think the default is a very short time. So he must not have changed it.

EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN sneaks past CLAN OF THE WHITE LOTUS by a top knot for me.

• Administrator
Masters has balls THAT much more than executioner.

Don't let 'em drop too far, or they're getting torn off by a Tiger's claw! XD

Executioners Of Shoalin has the better fight scenes than the other 2.But i like the story of 5 Shaolin Masters.

agreed although i havent seen fist of the white lotus yet

agreed although i havent seen fist of the white lotus yet

Consider yourself a lucky guy. You got something to look forward to.

I never liked 'Five Shaolin Masters' much.

The other two movies get my vote (even though it's closed!). 'Fist' has better action, whilst I do like 'Executioners Of Shaolin'.

Wow, I didn't even notice the poll results. Five Shaolin Masters wasn't a bad film, but it definitely wasn't his top 10.

Chang Cheh's 1974-1976 period (in between the Iron Triangle and Venoms phase) was his worse in my opinion. Even those big budget flicks he did were a bore in my opinon.

kungfusamurai

In case people weren't here when I first posted this poll, I just did it because there were two threads comparing Executioners of Shaolin by one of the members (I can't remember who - sorry!). The first was 5 Masters vs Executioners, the second was Executioners vs Fist/Clan. I figured, since we're having these movies battle each other out in threads, I'd try the polling feature. And yes, I just picked an arbitrary length for it to run (maybe over a week). I didn't think it would get resurrected! :)

I will start a new one. Everyone will have to re-vote!!!

I still stand by my pick of Executioners being the best overall, then Fist/Clan for the fight scenes, and lastly 5 Masters for the actors. But I would have to admit that if you are introducing someone to old school kung fu, Fist/Clan would be the best out of the three. Executioners is my favorite overall Shaw film, and its been that way since childhood, so it won't be changing anytime soon!

KFS

Archived