Next Media Blasters title...

gorhama

As I mentioned in another post, I finally made the jump to region free. That being said I will still look for this and want to keep supporting companies trying to bring these movies to us in Region 1.

I look forward to hearing a review of the disc when someone gets there hands on it!! :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazedjustice888

Well guys....I have to wait till summer to watch it, since my gf ordered it for me. Oh, and she lives in Germany....and I am in FL. LOL Its all good though, she wants it to be a present since she knows that I love kung fu movies and since she is bringing it back with her...GUESS WHO GETS TO HAVE ALONE TIME WHILE WATCHING KUNG FU!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA....:nerd:

But seriously, hope everyone enjoys the movie, I know I did when I first saw it.

Yeah, I want to know more as there's no details, other than concerns that the English dub may not be on there (hopefully that problem will have been sorted).

It's up at Amazon marketplace in the UK, but although I want it, I'm going to wait for feedback incase there's an error.

Got my copy today! Yes! it has the english dub and the print looks awesome! XD

Great!!

Can you post more info - such as extras?

I watched the Martial Club DVD and there's a little draw back folks.

There's a note right before the film starts explaining the Dub version will be interrupted at times with Cantonese language and subs.:S It goes on saying this was the only available source for the dub, etc, etc. So the movie isn't entirely dubbed.:S

Extras include the original trailer as well as the new one. And a dedication to Lynn Hayes at the end of the film.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Best Buy still didn't have this, and it's not listed on their totally shitty website. :mad: But the very cool lady who manages the film section at my local BB said that she DID see one or two copies of this come in. Either they were put in the wrong place (I looked in every section!) or were sold already. She doesn't know why it's not on the website, but said if one turned up she'd hang onto it for me. ;)

Kung Foolery
Best Buy still didn't have this, and it's not listed on their totally shitty website. :mad: But the very cool lady who manages the film section at my local BB said that she DID see one or two copies of this come in. Either they were put in the wrong place (I looked in every section!) or were sold already. She doesn't know why it's not on the website, but said if one turned up she'd hang onto it for me. ;)

Hmm...

I work at BB a few hours a week and I don't remember seeing this being in stock anywhere in the BB computer.

Hope I'm wrong, as I wouldn't mind only paying around $10 for it.

I watched the Martial Club DVD and there's a little draw back folks.

There's a note right before the film starts explaining the Dub version will be interrupted at times with Cantonese language and subs.:S It goes on saying this was the only available source for the dub, etc, etc. So the movie isn't entirely dubbed.:S

Hong Kong Digital (please update it John :D!) reports that World Northal version deleted the opening prologue hosted by Lau Sifu, so perhaps that version is based on that - perhaps there's more than one cut if it says "at times".

It's really European versions that may have had it complete using an export version, not a US one. Not sure if one is around, but at least it's here somehow.

It would have been nice to have seamless branching - I had suggested it to MB if they were faced with a shorter version. Those familiar with World Northal's would probably have liked it too :).

Got it on order! I look forward to having better subtitles. I'll post my review and a comparison between it and IVL.

Shaolin Patriot
There's a note right before the film starts explaining the Dub version will be interrupted at times with Cantonese language and subs.:S It goes on saying this was the only available source for the dub, etc, etc. So the movie isn't entirely dubbed.:

It's too bad that they didn't create forced English subtitles over the Cantonese audio, for when those interruptions occur.

It's too bad that they didn't create forced English subtitles over the Cantonese audio, for when those interruptions occur.

Generally, a forced set of English subtitles to accompany the English dub throughout would be the case - the main purpose to transcribe slates.

Some purists don't like it because it's not considerate for those who don't need subtitles, and are really looked-upon as a distraction.

Yes the DVD does have forced subs when the Cantonese language kicks in.

just curious---how many cantonese language sections are there ?

At the start of the film, Im going to say roughly around 2-3 minutes. And then the Canto language kicks in Im going to say around 6 times during the film. Something like 5 seconds to about 20 seconds each, so I guess that really isn't bad.

Kung Foolery

I wouldn't hold out for Best Buy having this as there is not even a sku# for it in their RSS system, a good sign it will not be sold.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I wouldn't hold out for Best Buy having this as there is not even a sku# for it in their RSS system, a good sign it will not be sold.

Thanks for the info Kung Foolery.

Why Best Buy? Why? There's so much worthless garbage available there, but they're not going to carry MARTIAL CLUB? Ugh.

Wow....my favorite store goes and does this. Damn it Best Buy.

That's weird since every other Media Blasters release has been at my local Best Buy.

We'll see.....:(

Does anyone know if this will, for sure, be English dubbed? Seems like someone on here said it will not be dubbed. That would really suck IMO.

I bought the english dubbed version from Amazon so I can confirm that it has an english soundtrack. The beginning (first 5 minutes) with the dragon dance was the only part of the movie that isn't dubbed just subtitled but that's no biggie.

Shaolin Patriot
The beginning (first 5 minutes) with the dragon dance was the only part of the movie that isn't dubbed just subtitled but that's no biggie.

Is there also a dragon (lion) dance featured as a separate, bonus piece? There is mention of a "New Year's Promo" on some sites.

mantis FIST
Is there also a dragon (lion) dance featured as a separate, bonus piece? There is mention of a "New Year's Promo" on some sites.

Yes this is correct. It is more from the set of the lion dance at the beginning of the film. Lau talks about Lion dancing and the new year. It is weird that certain parts, besides the opening bit, are subtitled. I used to have a vhs tape, recorded of a Hawaiian channel, that was fully dubbed. The disc also features the original trailer for Martial Club. Not sure if this was on the IVL disc?

I found the DVD at Fry's electronics in Burbank, CA.

Cheers!

Archived