Ninja In The Dragon's Den JAP = 1 hour 52 minutes!

falkor

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

The HKL DVD has some extended scenes from a Japanese tape as extras. Not sure if they would account for the total amount of the extra running time though

kungfusamurai

I remember being surprised that the HKL and the Brentwood 10 Movie pack featured different versions of the film. I seem to recall the glaring differences were in the special effects in the finale. Could the Brentwood be an edit of the Japanese print? It had that awfully out-of-sync english dub.

KFS

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm pretty sure I have all the Brentwood 10-packs. Which one has Ninja in the Dragon's Den? Are you maybe talking about that horrible version that comes in a Videoasia 10-pack?

Also, the version I have runs 1:36, the same time Falkor mentioned that most versions are, and the deleted scenes included run 5 minutes, totalling up to 1:41. Which means I need the Japanese version to see the other 11 minutes. dammit Falkor. You have made me jealous once again.

You don't need to be jealous. If you want something then buy it. I'm making it available on my site, though unfortunately there's an error right now with that particular movie, which will be fixed tomorrow. $20 isn't much to pay for a rare. If you can get it cheaper somewhere else or in a trade then go for it. I payed, like, $52 for a 50 odd minute documentary on Pompeii because documentaries are like kung; once they are shown on TV you are unlikely to see them again unless its some major series or extremely popular and commercial. You know how much real collectors pay for lobby cards for movies, which are simply photographs of the movies. People buy them because they think they are "original" when really they were mass produced. A lot of collectors were shocked when they realised, after Celestial came about with releases presented by AsianDVDGuide, that all their lobby cards were simply cropped versions of the original photographs that are held in the vaults of the production company.

Morgoth Bauglir

Nah Falkor don't worry man, I was just joking. I would definitely buy a copy, but I don't have a credit card. I'm always broke, because of all the movies I buy at the store:p

kungfusamurai
I'm pretty sure I have all the Brentwood 10-packs. Which one has Ninja in the Dragon's Den? Are you maybe talking about that horrible version that comes in a Videoasia 10-pack?

Yeah, that's the one (Videoasia). I got my packs all mixed up.

KFs

Morgoth Bauglir

Cool, i know it's easy to get mixed up sometimes when you have like fifty 5/10/20/50 packs:p I was going to check that version hoping to see what you are talking about, but that disc is scratched to hell, and it doesn't work anymore:mad: That has to be the poorest made case I've ever seen.

Someone uploaded the Japanese tape and I see the credits are red and Hiroyuki is credited first.

There was talk of HKL missing a bit of footage, featured on a bootleg DVD? Did the original trailer include deleted footage?

Wouldnt some of the difference in running time between the HKL and the Japanese dvd be to do with PAL / NTSC running speeds??

Wouldnt some of the difference in running time between the HKL and the Japanese dvd be to do with PAL / NTSC running speeds??

There is no Japanese DVD, I'm referring to a bootleg released in the US.

There were specific scenes mentioned a while back on the forum, but I don't think details are here anymore.

Someone uploaded the Japanese tape and I see the credits are red and Hiroyuki is credited first.

There was talk of HKL missing a bit of footage, featured on a bootleg DVD? Did the original trailer include deleted footage?

The bootleg DVD would be the VideoAsia version (entitled Knight and Warrior) right?

That version is an edited version of the japanese cut, but with a running time less that the HKL version if i remember correctly. It's missing quite a lot, but does feature some of the scenes only found in the japanese version. Also the order of some of the scenes is different compared to the HKL version.

I'm not 100% sure about the original trailer (included on the HKL disc), it does feature at least one extended scene (Hiroyuki takes a full turn on the waterwheel, which he doesn't in the HKL print), but if there's more deleted/extended scenes i can't remember now.

Omni Dragon
Most HK/International prints = 1:36.

What the length of the Korean?

Archived