voice dubbers

Guest nickoftime04

Bronx Rican

This is some necro'd thread; holy smack!

After reading just the first several paragraphs of all the impossibly detailed dramatic prose from this guy, I thought, "this has GOTTA be a joke!" People really bought this?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vengeanceofhumanlanterns
who overdubbed the centipede in the 5 deadly venoms?

Chuck Norris.

Guest ekisha

From his first post i knew the info written by him is false.

Alan Tam making dubs sounds stupid. His cantonese voice was dubbed by someone else in. A man who doesn't bother to do his own voice won't dub for others.

Another thing is interesting to me, and would like to get some info from you, guys. Why some actors in eighties did their own voice but some were dubbed by others? I mean people like Andy Lau, Stanley Fung, Kent Cheng, Richard Ng and etc used their own voices while Sammo, Jackie, and others never used their own voices until 90's?

Fang Shih-yu

Those earlier posts are out of this world!:tongue: Now, what's the REAL story on the "old school" martial arts movie dubbing? We do know a lot of it was done for foreign markets, obviously. Was it the standards of the film studios to have these voice artists do the work to speed along film productions, because the alternative would be actors holding up filming on other movies while they dubbed their own lines for some other one in post production (which would've been nice, if only for the "Hong Kong version" of said film)? Sound on film had to be a real nightmare for these filmmakers that dubbing became the standard like it did! For better or worse, Asian movie makers are now up to speed with Hollywood on sound, in general.

shaolin swords

can somebody please tell me the guy hew did most of gordon liu (master killer) voice in his movies..........and no disrespect to any one but the people hew make the dubbing now there voice does not fit the persons look in the movie it makes it hard to watch the english dubbes from the 90s and 2000s.back in the days in the 70s and 80s they did a good job on makeing the voices fit the person of the movie.

Are there any pics of the guys who do the voiceovers? I liked the guy who usually did Gordon Liu's voice and sometimes Kuo Chui in the SB films.

Killer Meteor
Are there any pics of the guys who do the voiceovers? I liked the guy who usually did Gordon Liu's voice and sometimes Kuo Chui in the SB films.

The only one I've seen a picture of is Ted Thomas who voiced

Han Ying Cheih in New Fist Of Fury

Lu Feng and Sun Chien in Five Venoms

Lo Lieh in 36th Chamber Of Shaolin

Fu Sheng in Men From The Monastary

GODZILLA!!!! in Godzilla Vs Gigan

The guy who does the Snake in Five Venoms was still around this last decade. You can hear him in some of the recent Godzilla movies.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but does anybody have any idea of the cast did the original (and best!) dub of Drunken Master (the one on the 'Made in Hong Kong VHS)?

odioustrident

I think this guy was actually on the scene in HK during the glory days... he just can't remember things accurately (like many of us) and is definitely filling it all in with various half-truths and possible all-out-lies. Very entertaining reading either way.

Killer Meteor
Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but does anybody have any idea of the cast did the original (and best!) dub of Drunken Master (the one on the 'Made in Hong Kong VHS)?

Ted Thomas voiced Robert Wong

Rick Thomas voiced Sam Seed

I think this thread deserves a bump if all that's in it is true, or if its false its hilarious

On 6/5/2006 at 7:11 AM, Guest Lui Chai Linag said:

This topic is a great read guys!!!

Nice background information it helps me a lot to make a more complete picture of how it was back then.

Here is a pic from the German documantry 'Heisse ware aus Hongkong'. It's some people dubbing a Chinese Language movie.

Heisse_c.jpg

Archived