Dragon Dynasty Last Hurrah for Chivalry

Guest morgoth

Guest morgoth

Sorry I can't do screencaps or anything, but I wanted to let people know abotu the pic quality on this disc. It has somewhat of the same problem as Police Story where it is too bright and it flashes a bit, but overall the pic quality is pretty good. Not near as bad as Police Story.

The interviews are of course the sh!t. Lee Hoi San and Fung Hak-on give tons of awesome info.

The 11 minute Legendary Weapons featurette is unique. It is hosted by Bey Logan and he gives short descriptions of the weapons and also demonstrations. Then some Chinese guy gives a more full demonstration.

I have only listened to about 20 minutes of the commentary, and of course Logan is rattling off tons of names and movies, and he also gives a lot of other info.

And having just seen this movie once, I am stuck between an 8 and 9/10, but I will probably go with a 9/10. Good story for the most part and great action scenes, and the directing is top notch. I also loved the sets. It looks like they really did their best to match Shaw Brothers.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I remember someone posted some pics of the HKL version and I would guess it is better than DD. I remember it was perfect, and the DD version is not.

Guest morgoth

HEy Gfanick, let me know if you notice the how the image is always sort of flashing on the DD version. I don't really now how to describe it.

Guest morgoth

I thought the subtitles were written very well. A couple times the word hell is used like when Wei Pai says, "it's still a hell of a sword", but it seemed like a good translation overall.

Guest gfanikf

I noticed it a little. I think its because LHFC was not HD remastered by Fortune Star. Sort of what HKL had to work with when they used Media Asia prints back in the day.

Guest chen lung
I think its because LHFC was not HD remastered by Fortune Star. Sort of what HKL had to work with when they used Media Asia prints back in the day.

Both HKL and DD are HD FS derived, are they not?

DD's subtitles reportedly correct flubtitles, whilst HKL have a brand new translation.

Guest gfanikf

Not sure. I'll add that the flutter is very very minor and is not apparent at all times. I think as morgoth pointed out people should not fear a PS 1 still disc.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Got mine today and just scanned through it and seemed all good to me. Interviews were OK, nothing really too informative. Always cool to see the stars now though. Fung Hak On still looked pretty good. I liked the part where he talked about the 100 move fight scene done in one shot. Lee Hoi San on the other hand does not appear to have aged well. Man did he look OLD! In his interview he comes accrossed very humble. Worth the $15, or $12 if you use your DD $3 off coupon like I did.

Guest the dirty tiger

Oh I really rate this film very highly. I love it from the opening bars of the intro music to the finale, it is not completely perfect but pretty close to me.

Guest stormybman

I think I'm going to try the HKL disc. Very unhappy with this DD version. They changed the original Eng. dubb, and everyone sounds like a bunch of guys from Dawson's Creek. >:

Especially in the scenes with Damien Lau's character, the original dubb for him was more sarcastic, and humorous, and the newer version a lot of that is lost.

" This time you're eating paper, the next time it's gonna be glass! "

Guest gfanikf

HKL more than likely uses the newer Fortune Star one. The older one is owned by Media Asia (they created it when they had the Fortune Star movies and apparently didn't want to sell them to FS at the end of their deal). So unless you get the old Megastar DVD, your out of luck.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
They changed the original Eng. dubb, and everyone sounds like a bunch of guys from Dawson's Creek

That does suck, I havent t even checked out the dubb on the disc yet. i dont think Id use it even it were original. I never used it on my Media Asia copy either. Sucks for fans of the orig dub though.

Guest monk sante

Wow Im glad I held on to my Media Asia version. :smokin

Sounds like the HKL version is the one to buy.8)

Guest morgoth

Looking at the screencaps, it looks just as good as HKL version. But the screencaps do not capture the white flashiness that was also seen in Police Story 1. Still good quality, but it bugged me a little.

Archived