Who collects Cinemart? (topic about KFM mags)

falkor

My collection is really small compared to some of my friends, though its really the main magazine that featured independent Kung Fu movies. Golden Movie News covered Golden Harvest, whilst Southern Screens the Shaws and International Screen the Cathays. Hong Kong Movie New covered a good mixture of shaws and independents, but favoured Shaws. As for rare flicks, I think the best mags to look for are Movie Stories and Four Seas, which both covered Taiwanese movies. Similar magazines for Korean and Indonesian films I do not know?

What magazines do you own or collect featuring Asian martial arts films? I was thinking of compiling a list of Cinemarts similar to what I did for International Screen, but there would be no point unless I could get help from other collectors. They appear on Ebay more than the other mags, and the HKMDB staff have done a good job of collecting spreads, which you may have spotted for certain movies when checking the cast and crew. I have a whole load of loose spreads I saved from Ebay as well:

cinemart101b.jpg

Cinemart109b.jpg

Cinemart112e.jpg

cinemart116e.jpg

Cinemart118f.jpg

Cinemart118g.jpg

Cinemart118i.jpg

cinemart123c.jpg

cinemart151a.jpg

cinemart151b.jpg

Cinemart28a.jpg

Cinemart28e.jpg

Cinemart28f.jpg

Cinemart28h.jpg

cinemart30c.jpg

Cinemart4.jpg

Cinemart4a.jpg

Cinemart4g.jpg

cinemart54a.jpg

cinemart54d.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great color shots of Ti Lung and his wife!

And that's why I really like CMart - for their great color spreads.

Plus, as you mentioned, they go beyond what SS and HKMN offer (as far as the films of SB go).

I only have a few CMarts; more SS than anything. Roughly 50 issues.

I do have something in the works which will benefit all - but that's all I can mention at the moment.

Hopefully an annoucement in early '09. So stay tuned...

PS: Movie Stories and Four Seas? Those two I haven't seen before. You've got my interest now.... :)

Archived