Boxer's Last Stand (197X)

falkor

This movie does not appear to be in any databases other than HKMDB, albeit without the Chinese title and correct year of production. You see, HKMDB credits the year as 1976, but I can tell it's of the c1973 basher style. It would be nice if this could be found in the Taiwanese movie database or HKFA, which tend to be more accurate, though after carrying out some cast and crew checks it doesn't appear to be listed in either. So is there any other info available for this anywhere on the web? BTW, HKMDB has Prodigal Boxer 2 (Meng Fei shapes) as a 1975 production, but its featured in the September 1976 issue of Cinemart.

Incredibaly dull! Amazingly bad! This flick doesn't have any good characters or stars in it. It stars a washed up former Shaw Brothers punching bag, Lei Ming, and Miao Tien, who is gone before you know it. The story is about a group of sons who are out to avenge their dead father who was killed by his blood brothers who just got out of the slammer. The Father (Miao Tien) somehow voided jail time while his brothers did 10 years of slammer time. Now they are out and they are pissed! Avoid unless you like bad flicks. I wouldn't even call this a martial arts flick. The fights are all brawls and whoever did the fight choreography should be taken in the woods and beaten.

Source: http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/reviews.mhtml?id=9319&display_set=eng

The guy must be mistaken! I seem to recall Boxer's Last Stand being a classic basher... the reviewer obviously isn't familiar with bashers.

boxerslaststand.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtytiger

It's ace ! I saw the video cover and thought it looked so so and left it for a few years, but when I finally watched it I kicked myself for leaving it so long. It's really very good ;)

Archived