Heroes of Shaolin back on track?

The Amazing Psycho Per

The Amazing Psycho Per

According to Hkcinemagic, Lau Kar Leung's Heroes of Shaolin project is still alive... LKL has managed to get 85% of the financement and production could start in 2009...

Very good news indeed.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

I really hope he gets another crack behind the camera, Drunken Monkey was alright but I'd love it if he went out with a real bang (if it's to be his last film that is, I hope not!)

According to Hkcinemagic, Lau Kar Leung's Heroes of Shaolin project is still alive... LKL has managed to get 85% of the financement and production could start in 2009...

Very good news indeed.

I went to the site and couldnt find anything but an old article from 2006...

can u post a ;link pleaseXD

The Amazing Psycho Per
23 Octobre 2008 - Arnaud Lanuque - Exclusivité HKCinemagic.com NEW

[Preview] Heroes of Shaolin Le nouveau projet de Lau Kar Leung

Le retour de Lau Kar Leung à la réalisation avait fait l’objet de quelques news ici même il y a plusieurs mois mais des difficultés de financement avait fait capoter la production. Depuis, les choses ont continué à avancer et à l’heure actuelle le financement du film est finalisé à 85%. Des négociations sont actuellement en cours pour obtenir les derniers 15 % nécessaires à la mise en chantier définitive du film. Aucun casting n’a encore été décidé mais on retrouvera pour sur Lau Kar Wing et Mark Houghton aux chorégraphies. Résolument optimiste, Lau Kar Leung prévoirait même de réaliser deux films supplémentaires après celui-ci.

Si tout se passe comme prévu, le tournage de Heroes of Shaolin est prévu pour début 2009.

It's on the french version of the site.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/fr/info.asp?data=news&lid=162

It roughly says what I already mentioned, plus that negociation are still in work for the remaining 15%. It adds that no casting has been decided and that Lau Kar Wing and Mark Houghton should help with choreographing duties. Also apparently, Lau Kar Leung would plan on shooting two other movies after this one.

Update..

i can confirm that my Sifu,Mark Houghton and Lau KarWing will indeed work as the fighting advisors..the money is there and in january suppose to be a big meeting in HK to discuss more details... the budget seems to be 10m USD

on the side note,I saw the script and this movie will have no Comedy !

That is a good news Franky. LKL's comedy is more or less just slapstick. I refer it has no comedy if Master Lau intends to create his best work yet.

Archived