The Best of Shaolin Kung Fu

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

My English dubbed (aarrgghh) copy runs 77:06. Is this cut or uncut? I don't know of any other version to be sure but the short run time (would be just over 80 mins at 24fps) and German title card have me concerned.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is the seemingly cut German Cinema Print, yes. we got it here for a DVD, but nothing seems to happen with it. (2.35, 16.9). gotta look around if there's a different Language Source (i mean, the English Audio MUST come from somewhere, right?)

Guest Markgway

Right. So my copy must be from that German DVD (although I didn't think it was as narrow as 2.35). The title is in German but the rest of the credits are Chinese/English. The audio is entirely English save for one word that's Mandarin. I guess whomever was supervising the audio forgot to switch the track. Thus Engish and Mandarin sources must exist elsewhere. This begs the question why a German cut print would be used if a (presumably) uncut print had been located? Ach, does my head in sometimes!!

Guest Markgway

No, Tigerstyles. I got it from another trader. But am not sure of it's origins. It could be originally one of yours? SOMEONE has access to English and Mandarin tracks at any rate. And assuming the German print is cut - this same person will have the uncut footage. Tiger - can you tell us more about your hybrid? What footage was missing?

strange. but 1:24 is longer than the German Print, which was cut to under 80 mins to fit onto 4 reels. i'll still push somewhere that at least THAT one comes out, it's the best looking Version yet - of course, as it's been struck from a 35mm Print, not from VHS :)

shaolin drunkard

I have not even seen this but Eastern Heroas magazine gave quite good comments about this so want to check out...

Killer Meteor
I have not even seen this but Eastern Heroas magazine gave quite good comments about this so want to check out...

Eastern Heroes Mag was somewhat unreliable

Guest Markgway

If all you care about is fighting then you'll enjoy this as it takes up most of the short run time.

If you want a decent story and characters look elsewhere...

Archived