Kwan Tak Hing: Huang Fei Hong

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Are any of these films from the HFH series 1967-70 available subtitled?

And are any of them any good?

Huang Fei Hong : Bravely Crushing The Fire Formation Huang Fei Hong : The Conqueror Of The Sam-hong Gang

Huang Fei Hong's Combat With The Five Wolves

Huang Feihong : The Duel For The Sha-yu-qing

Huang Feihong in Sulphur Valley

Huang Fei Hong : The Duel Against The Black Rascal

Huang Feihong : Duel For The Championship

Huang Feihong : The Eight Bandits

Huang Feihong : The Incredible Success In Canton

Huang Feihong : The Invincible Lion Dancer

The Magic Whip

Huang Feihong Meeting The Heroes With The Tiger Paw

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I'd love to find some subbed Wong Fei Hung. Quite a few of them on this list are also considered lost. There's something like 28 or considered missing last I checked.

Guest Markgway

Thanks.

Pity the news wasn't better. I'd be curious to see at least one from this series, but I need subs. I guess even for the titles that aren't lost, no one cares enough to do them?

Guest Egocentrik1

Im getting about 3 episodes in one of these days..

they are all in cantonese and no subs..also dont know the titles.But Ive been told that Lau Kar Leung and his father being in there..when I get them I post more..

Guest Markgway

I guess the only way we'll see any of these subbed is if some bilingual die-hard Kwan Tak Hing fan does a script. Maybe these are too obscure for fan subbing?

Guest peringaten

I've sat through a couple of raw old Kwan Tak Hing films, found it very rewarding... very stagey, basic shots as you'd imagine, nice to hear actual recorded sound rather than a dub, Kwan Tak Hing booms his lines with a ridiculous amount of force, literally almost shouting them, holds a huge amount of presence on the screen despite the general slowness overall and for me lack of knowing what's going on... Ridiculous gravitas.

Not too hard to get a basic gist of what's going on though, despite all the standing around talking, or in Kwan's case shouting, and when the action comes it kicks all kinds of ass, surpising amounts of ass. I'd definitely say they're worth a watch raw - they work more as a curiosity piece rather than straight movie entertainment in respects anyway. Despite the kick ass action they aren't particlarly hugely dynamic, definitely compared to later '60s standards - just nice to see early stuff, some great faces and stars in earlier roles, real sound and great fighting, suprisingly so, with some nice long takes - check 'em raw. Worth it all the same.

Archived