Duel In The Desert

falkor

What do you think of this film? 5/5 classic, 4/5 decent watch, 3/5 average and worth a watch, 2/5 not good, 1/5 very poor? And please provide some comments regarding your judgement.

desert.jpgduelindesert.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to commence the discussion by posting my opinions first... I think the action is great. Angela Mao does nice Snake style coupled with wide back spinning kicks. I interpreted the main hero using Leopard or Panther. I seem to recall one fighter using a claw technique as well. We even get some decent acrobatics and an old guy who can fight good; the choreography is definitely represensative of the late 70s Kung Fu Film. However, what lets it down is the over-complicated plot, which just didn't make any sense to me at all. If the story made good sense and kept me in suspense then I would have rated the movie 4/5, but instead I give it 3/5. It's certainly worth a watch, and only worth watching again for the fight scenes in isolation, unless you think you're some genius who can figure out the story.

Two deleted scenes... (only appear in Korean version)

ironfistedmonk

I might need to check this one out again because I don't remember the action being that good, I do remember a confusing story full of intrigue and back stabbing.

Archived