Looking For Wide Bruce Lee Man The Myth (note photos)

Guest Squid Lips

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah Squid I have that German DVD of Bruce Li in New Guinea, it has the nude scenes cut in the actual film print but includes them in the special features. I sure wish someone would put out a 2:35.1 w/s of Dynamo and The Lama Avenger!

Guest Squid Lips

I haven't even watched the full German print yet but will this weekend. I also have a wide version of Bruce vs. Bill and Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu that is wide to see yet still.

One time someone sold a 16mm scope version of Dynamo on Ebay and I was broke at the time but it sold for $40! Wish I got it and transfered it now....

Guest killer meteor

Interestingly, I've seen two different versions of Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth

UK VHS, censored and taken from a UK theatre print. There is no title card but there is a full cast and crew list, including the US dubbers

Possible US VHS source, seen on Youtube. No credits at all, but there is an animated title card, identical to that seen on the US theatrical trailer.

Even more unusual, the finale - www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmUS3zuxmQ - is different from the UK version. It's reverts to the old school Shaw style dubbing, a bizarre script tangent about Betty's "husband"*, and an extra shot of Bruce suffering from a headache. Weird

* In the UK version, he's talking about fighting Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Guest Squid Lips

So in the UK version, Li is talking about fighting Jabbar in Betty's bed?

I have alwasys noticed in the US version the change in dubbing in that scene as well as the refernce three times to her husband to keep it kosher...

But what is this about a nude scene??

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think spannick is talking about the nude scenes in Bruce Li in New Guinea. If he is, he's stating on the German DVD that the scenes in the film print have alternate scenes with the girls clothed but the special features show the scenes with the women nude. It still would make the nude scenes cut in the actual film print so I don't understand what he means when he says their not cut. :\ Then again he might be talking about The Man/Myth, if he is I was never aware of any nudescenes in that film. Now the film Bruce Lee and I did have alot of nude scenes featuring Danny Lee and Betty Ting rolling around in the sack. :lol

Guest killer meteor

The IVL DVDs of Bruce Lee And I are visually, with shots of Ting Pei played in slow motion to cover the gaps. Weird. Were the Chinese prints always like that?

Guest spannick

Chinatown Kid: if the Scenes are in the Movie only the girls have clothes on, it's alternate footage - cut is NOT ALTERNATE but completely missing in my Book.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Ok spannick, alternate footage then. What I meant to convey is that the nude scenes are NOT included in the actual film. As you say they have alternate footage showing the woman with clothes on instead.

Guest Squid Lips

I was watching some of the clips in the Japanese version of Man, Myth (True Story) and noted extra footage that does not turn up in either the Italian or the U.S. so wanted to see if anyone has seen an English or maybe Chinese version of it.

It is in Seattle when Bruce Li is talking to the students. When the group runs up to Bruce, the japanese version has the taller male in the group doing something that may be his version of the Cha Cha and they laugh. Then there is a close up of another woman in the group saying something. Then it goes back to the wide shot. Those clips are missing in other prints and was wondering what else may be in the Japanese that isn't in other versions. I may have to sit down and go through it.

Archived