Looking For Wide Bruce Lee Man The Myth (note photos)

Guest Squid Lips

Guest Squid Lips

I wanted to see where I might find a wide (preferably original aspect) of Bruce Lee Man, The Myth (True Story). The versions I have are all cropped and as you can see, A LOT from the original image:

Wide:

the-man-the-myth3_5e6f4e773994fa7c3.jpg

4:3

the-man-the-mythCropped.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shukocarl

The japanese dvd is in letterbox if I remember correctly.

A Japanese fan sent me a dvdr of it (good print), it even had an extra scene (can't remember what it was now) but I passed it on to someone as it was in mandarin with no english subs...(doh!):\

I think it's still available at cdjapan.co.jp

Guest Squid Lips

Thanks Fish,

Though the site did seem to list the film as Full Screen on there but I find those are wrong half the time (or they assume it means you see "the full screen).

Just sent you a PM.

Guest saltysam

the old uk dvd was letterboxed at around 1:85:1 but cut for nunchaku.i made a dvd-r editing in the cut sequence from my old derann vhs.not ideal but it'll do for now.

Guest spannick

yeah, the Japanese DVD is completely uncut and cropped to a watchable 1.85 from 2.35 Ratio. it has Scenes i did never see in English (Dialogue) and is in Mandarin Language.

the HK VHS was uncut, but Fullscreen (Cantonese / Chinese&English Subs).

Japanese Runtime: 98:09 (NTSC)

Guest saltysam

weren't media blasters meant to release an SE of this a while back?guess it must have been cancelled.

Eternal Films didn't have anything but a fullscreen VHS transfer to give them. And they didn't find out till nearly the last minute.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Linn have you heard of anything else in the works for a widescreen release of Dynamo in the possible future? Or for any of Li's films like Lama Avenger, Chinese Stuntman, The Last Strike or Bruce and the Iron Finger?

What sucks to us Ho Chung Tao fans is when they decide to release one of his films in true widescreen and remastered it turns out to be one of his worst films like New Game of Death courtesy of Celestial/IVL. Why oh why couldn't it have been one of his good films? :rolleyes

Guest Squid Lips

Too bad there wasn't a way to use the Japanese version with a new English dub or English subs (though I have not yet seen the Japanese one).

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm surprised Pan Media hasn't ripped off this w/s Japanese version and slapped the English dub on it by now. :\

Being a big Ho Chung Tao fan, I've ordered the Japanese version to add to my Bruce Li collection. Now if only Chinese Sausage would send me that copy of Powerforce he promised me, I believe that's the only Bruce Li flick I haven't seen yet. :b

Too bad there wasn't a way to use the Japanese version with a new English dub or English subs (though I have not yet seen the Japanese one).

The plan was to use the extra scenes and different intro of the Japanese (and Italian) version as extras on the Media Blasters release. As for more coming, there's a widescreen version of a Bruce Le coming, but no plans at the moment for anything with Li. But stuff pops up all the time.

Guest Chan Wah Shun

I am also eager to know what Bruce Le is coming. Also, when's the Celestial New Game coming out and how it will compare to the Anchor Bay release.

Guest killer meteor

I noticed on DDD House that New Game Of Death was 86min from Celestial. Either that's a typo, or theres some extra footage

Guest udar55

I had a copy of the Japanese release at one point. It looked nice but was in Chinese. I still have the Italian DVD (called BRUCE LEE - SUPERCAMPIONE) which presents it in a nice 1.85:1 transfer.

Guest Squid Lips

That is great. Didn't know it was coming out. The Anchor Bay one is an excellent version but also listed at 83 minutes as well as just the English. Celestial sometimes includes some nice extras and fantastic prints.

I checked HKFLIX but no notice of its release so may order from DDD (though never have before).

Guest Squid Lips

Agree that it might be, but the print with the subs would be of interest to me and the prices there are so damn good iti is hard to resist! :)

Guest killer meteor

True. Since I have the UK DVD, I'm a little of wary of paying for a standards conversion. Pity it wasn't another Bruce Li film!

Guest Chinatown Kid

Never really cared much for Bruce Le although he did have a few films I liked. Hopefully one of Li's good films will pop up in the near future in w/s and remastered. Let us know if you hear of anything Linn, thanks!

Guest Squid Lips

I have a copy of Li In New Guinea (a weird film for sure) but is 2.35 and in English. I think it was a German DVD burn. I would love to get pristine prints of Deadly Kung Fu and Dynamo though.

Guest Squid Lips

Well, I just ordered the Celestial DVD of New Game Of Death, so will let you know when I get it.

Archived