Flashlegs Tan Montage (Kick Master)

Flashlegs Pete Jr

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

I prefer Tan.

Hwang is a good kicker, but TBH I can pretty much do everything he can do. Tan has that leg holding control which takes extra skill.

However, all these kickers are good in different areas. Some are great at leg-holding, some are great at the standard taekwondo kicks (including flying multiple kicks), and some are great at acrobatic spinning kicks (Yuen Biao, Tony Jaa).

I'm 'wowed' more by Tan than I am by Hwang, because Hwang's kicks really arent all that difficult to do. The leg-holding (to me) is a bit harder (although I can do leg-holding at head-height, and 10 years ago I could do them a bit higher), and he does it with both legs, and makes it look easy. However, Tan's style is hard to fit into decent choreography.

Much respect for Tan Tao Liang. A real martial arts champion and master. In the Top Fighter documentary, he says that back then when he was an active competitor there wasn't weight classes so in order to win, you had to fight with a LOT of people and that requires a lot of spirt.

Morgoth Bauglir

What about Whang In sik? The way he throws his body around, and yet is still in complete control. So many great kickers:D

Flashlegs Pete Jr

It was rumored that Bruce lee saw Master Tan on set once during the Hero of Chuo Chow aka Hero of the Waterfront making and just looked away as to say "Who is this Bad Ass with these kicks"...I cant confirm the rumor but lets face it Tan is a bad ass...Always No:1 for me.

Its interesting to imagine that Tan was making films at the time of Bruce Lee; I never thought about that before. Bruce is too often put out of context with other martial arts films. A lot of Bruce fans need to open their mind and look beyond Golden Harvest and clone films, to superkickers and independent classics.

I prefer Tan.

Hwang is a good kicker, but TBH I can pretty much do everything he can do. Tan has that leg holding control which takes extra skill.

However, all these kickers are good in different areas. Some are great at leg-holding, some are great at the standard taekwondo kicks (including flying multiple kicks), and some are great at acrobatic spinning kicks (Yuen Biao, Tony Jaa).

I'm 'wowed' more by Tan than I am by Hwang, because Hwang's kicks really arent all that difficult to do. The leg-holding (to me) is a bit harder (although I can do leg-holding at head-height, and 10 years ago I could do them a bit higher), and he does it with both legs, and makes it look easy. However, Tan's style is hard to fit into decent choreography.

It's no so much what Hwang does, it's how he does it. The guy throws himself into his kicks with crazy aggresion.

Good call on Whang In Sik, Morgoth. He's one of my all time favourite 'baddies'. Similar to HJL, really aggressive.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

NEW TITLES ON OUR LIST FOR GRABS!!

SOME NEW FLK PROJECTS FOR SALE!!!!

The Professional Killer (Jimmy Wang Yu) Fullscreen Subbed Good Quality

The%20Professional%20Killer%20(Jimmy%20Wang%20Yu).gif

Rickshaw Puller Fullscreen Subbed Good Quality

Rickshaw%20Puller.gif

Tiger (Kurata) 1972 letterbox subbed!!! Excellent Quality

Tiger%20(Yasuaki%20Kurata).gif

COMING SOON!!!

Lion's Roar aka The Roaring Lion (Subtitled Version Letterbox Excellent Quality.

Lions%20Roar.gif

Abbot White 2 aka Chivalry Vs Chivalry aka Kung Fu Deadly Fingers (Subtitled Version Letterbox)

Abbot%20White%202%20aka%20Chivalry%20Vs%20Chivalry.gif

RARES!! IN THE HOUSE!!!

Love And Blood-Alan Tan & Chan Wei Man

Love%20and%20Blood%20new.gif

Adventure In Denmark

Adventure%20In%20Denmark.gif

UNCUT Version!!! in Italian..

Dark Alley- Rare!! Frankie Chan Punch & Block

Dark%20alley.gif

Diamond Fight-All Star Cast-Norman Chu, Michael Chan Wei Man, Wong Tao, Mang Fei, Phillip Ko Fei

Diamond%20Fight.gif

Heroes- New Letterbox Subbed Version!!! Glass!! FLK Project!!

Heroes,%20The.gif

Cold Blooded Murder-Chan Wei Man Bruce Le

Cold%20Blooded%20Murderer.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS26ouh3zug-Hwang In Sik Kitty Meng Chui & Chang Yi Tao letterbox Version!!

Snow%20Plum%20Blossom%20copy.gif

Se Youtube link

Mark Of A Black Dragon-Bobby Kim

Mark%20Of%20The%20Black%20Dragon.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y175T_UkQQ-New lettebox version Glass!!

Jade%20Dagger%20Ninja%20aka%20Shaolin%20Fox%20Conspiracy.gif

Chinatown Kid

Hwang is more versatile in his kicks but Tan has better form imo. The Tiger film with Kurata looks interesting, anyone know who the villain is in that flick?

Flashlegs Pete Jr

This version I got from the late Linn Haynes....a good friend...his version of Magnificent Chivalry was 10 minutes longer than the two different version I had...I subtitled his version 2 years back its now available!! at FLK!!

Magnificent Chivalry (UNCUT!!)

Magnificent%20Chivalry.gif

Chinatown Kid

Looks good Falkor, is this film in the same vein as the basher Rage of Wind which also features Kurata and Chen Sing?

You know I've never actually sat down and watched Tiger. I've watched Kim Jin Pal's Tiger, and Rage Of Wind, but never this. I'd imagine its a typical basher though.

tig1.jpg

tig2.jpg

It was rumored that Bruce lee saw Master Tan on set once during the Hero of Chuo Chow aka Hero of the Waterfront making and just looked away as to say "Who is this Bad Ass with these kicks"...I cant confirm the rumor but lets face it Tan is a bad ass...Always No:1 for me.

I saw some footage of Bruce's HK funeral and Tan was there to pay his respects, so these 2 might have met before.

Linn.. and Tigers.. and Rares - oh my!

Linn had a copy of Tiger Of Northland which we made a burn of.

Any comments on this GH flick? Yet to watch it and wanted to hear opinions.

Nice trailer btw, Pete.

Flashlegs Pete Jr

Cant take anything away from HJL this MONTAGE says it all about the man...

rqxVBOBLPjQ

WE HAVE THE UNCUT English Dubbed at FLK NOW!! letterbox GLASS!!!

Also subtitled version coming soon!!

Archived