Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

Yup, I just got this email:

Thank you for your patience

We are now able to bring you

the Big Boss original dub version, and hope you treasure it as much as we have.

We are more than happy to share this classic version with genuine fans who

are dedicated to keeping bruce lees memory alive.

NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD FOR MAIL ORDER, WITH EXTRA BONUSES.

I guess they figured it wass best to go the mail order route.

I got the same email and have purchased the dvd:smile:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a week ago someone left a message on my blog saying the Big Boss Original Dub was now available and they linked to another site:

http://www.lunglee.co.uk/

The site had the purchase info but it has now been changed to say "under construction". Is this the same guys?

Yup, I just got this email:

Thank you for your patience

We are now able to bring you

the Big Boss original dub version, and hope you treasure it as much as we have.

We are more than happy to share this classic version with genuine fans who

are dedicated to keeping bruce lees memory alive.

NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD FOR MAIL ORDER, WITH EXTRA BONUSES.

I guess they figured it wass best to go the mail order route.

I got the same email this morning.

So now that we know these people (or person) is good for their words I guess there's a chance we might actually get BIG BOSS Part 2 sometime in 2011 as they've announced on their blog.

hello to anyone fund this site on www about big boss.

http://backyard-asia.blogspot.com/2010/12/big-boss-original-rejected-dub-has.html

:smile:

That's actually me!! Haha. Gee, you're the first person on a forum to link to my wee blog! Cheers, mate. :nerd:

It's just a write-up about the original dub version on my Asian film blog Backyard Asia. Anybody who's followed the threads here won't get any new info by reading my piece, I'm not revealing any big secrets or anything. My post is mainly directed towards people who aren't members here. :bigsmile:

That's actually me!! Haha. Gee, you're the first person on a forum to link to my wee blog! Cheers, mate. :nerd:

It's just a write-up about the original dub version on my Asian film blog Backyard Asia. Anybody who's followed the threads here won't get any new info by reading my piece, I'm not revealing any big secrets or anything. My post is mainly directed towards people who aren't members here. :bigsmile:

ok!

Not for members:wink:

Oh, members are certainly allowed to read my blog.

:yociexp62:

ok for all people:xd:

does Videoasia have their own rare English Dub from the Big Boss??

because he wanted released in the past?

ok for all people:xd:

does Videoasia have their own rare English Dub from the Big Boss??

because he wanted released in the past?

Well, someone on this board mentioned that VideoAsia had a print of the original English dub and they had announced they were going to release it a couple of years back. But they did!

It was speculated that someone probably told them not to release it. Someone with copyrights on their hand. But this is all info I have from this forum, other members here would know more about it (but then again maybe not).

And of course, none of us know which kind of print VideoAsia had got hold of. A real print? Knowing VideoAsia I highly doubt it. They are a two-bit bootleg operation who release DVDs that are sourced from old Japanese video tapes.

big boss legacy edition to be released july 2004 video asia by george tan

bigbosslegacyedition.jpg

DVD Features:

Region [unknown]

Keep Case

Audio:

Dolby Digital - English

Additional Release Material:

Audio Commentary

Featurettes - 1. THAILAND THE 'BIG BOSS' WAY

2. THE BIG BOSS FIGHTS

3. THAT GUY BRUCE

4. THE STUNTMEN SPEAK

Text/Photo Galleries:

Behind-the-Scenes Photos (Playable During Feature)

Languages English - Dubbed

Chinese/Cantonese - Original

i think it was fortune star who stopped the release - audio commentary with lo wei in old interviews conducted with george tan. this original rejected english dub was shown at uk bruce lee convention (nottingham) and bbla convention (bradford) with andy staton in mid 1990s. 1996 i think.

"The Version You've Never Seen!" - except in the early 70s and 1996:tongue:.

Thanks for posting the details about the VideoAsia DVD (probably what's being offered, without the listed extras)! It was getting harder to find any details about it (I could only find an Amazon page).

I also remember a Fist of Fury DVD that was supposed to come out that same time... wonder what was so different about that one... hmm...

I also remember a Fist of Fury DVD that was supposed to come out that same time... wonder what was so different about that one... hmm...

Ah yeah, forgot about that.

I wondered what would be on it too.

Yeah, the dub couldn't be that different, if at all, in that case. Hell, the dub we all know and love for Fist of Fury had the "classic" voiceover artists... some who were also in the rejected dub for The Big Boss. In fact, from what I've seen of TBB's rejected dub, the guy who dubbed the foreman was the same guy who dubbed Bruce in Fist of Fury, and later "Uncle Wong" in Way of the Dragon :tongue:

When someone comes up with a version that lasts longer than 99 mins wake me...

does the hong kong blu-ray or the us version not longer than 99minutes?

But i know there are a few dialogues missing wich have the old German tape in it.

The france Tape by rene chateau have the uncut sequence of bruce and Yin-Chieh Han

in.

Most versions run 99-100 minutes at NTSC/film speed, or 94/95 minutes at PAL speed.

Rough estimates based on descriptions of the extra scenes put the uncut print anywhere between 105 to 110 minutes at film speed.

yep found Big Boss Uncut:bigsmile:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-big-boss-korean-version/1002786294-0-0-0-en/info.html

But i thing this can not be true!!

Anyone have more information on this?

Not quite... if anything, it's most likely a Korean subtitling of the old Universe Laser VCD. The runtime is possibly a typo, rather putting in Fist of Fury's runtime by mistake (which has happened before, as it's around 106/107 minutes). Since The Big Boss was called "Fists of Fury" in the US, it's entirely possible to see a slip up seeing the runtime of "Fist_ of Fury" thinking it's the alternate title of The Big Boss, and then saying 106 minutes.

Confusing/annoying, I know... been dealing with it for years :sad:

Not quite... if anything, it's most likely a Korean subtitling of the old Universe Laser VCD. The runtime is possibly a typo, rather putting in Fist of Fury's runtime by mistake (which has happened before, as it's around 106/107 minutes). Since The Big Boss was called "Fists of Fury" in the US, it's entirely possible to see a slip up seeing the runtime of "Fist_ of Fury" thinking it's the alternate title of The Big Boss, and then saying 106 minutes.

Confusing/annoying, I know... been dealing with it for years :sad:

I thing so,

if it is the real Uncut that version would get more popularity and anyone have that :bigsmile:

(hope my english could understand, because i can not good!But I do my best:tongue:)

yes it was a location guide which george tan shot in thailand circa 2001. the dvd was shelved very late due to fortune star so i think dvd copies would've been made. don't know if anyone got one but wouldn't be surprised if these guys did who are now selling it. the uk 1996 conventions were playing reels.

john little has just done a doc on locations in thailand and other bruce lee films - pursuit of the dragon.

yes it was a location guide which george tan shot in thailand circa 2001. the dvd was shelved very late due to fortune star so i think dvd copies would've been made. don't know if anyone got one but wouldn't be surprised if these guys did who are now selling it. the uk 1996 conventions were playing reels.

john little has just done a doc on locations in thailand and other bruce lee films - pursuit of the dragon.

Thanks. I did think people had this Video-Asia dvd. I would love to see any featurettes on the Big Boss locations. The locations played a big part in that film for me.

I can't wait to see that new John Little doc. I forgot all about that. Is it out yet?

Archived