Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Karlos. Pity the doc has been shelved as it looked great, I hope his book is just as good!

I love it when people bounce back Big Boss quotes! =D...

Mi: "... with money in their pocket, they're probably dead drunk somewhere... with women!"

also : "Now suppose, that they're never coming back again. Would this be such a terrible thing?"

:bigsmile:

"Dat bastards" is indeed a classic from the "old days" :wink:

Meanwhile...

"Hey! Well, did something happen? Why you standing there like dumb ox? Stupid farmer..."

Lol @ MPM's mock poster.

That reminds me, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Goodies, BBC2 (UK) are repeating a few episodes, and this Thursday at 11.30pm it's Kung Fu Kapers, in which Bill becomes a master of the Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. In one sequence, several mock film posters are shown, including *gasp* a defaced original 1974 Big Boss poster which now reads: "The film that made Bill Oddie... Big Pud". Another says "Enter With Drag On". Kung Fu Monthly magazine at the time printed a letter from an outraged fan, complaining that the posters were difficult to get hold of, so it was a travesty seeing the BBC use them like that.

Somebody actually died laughing while watching this episode, during the showdown at dawn on Primrose Hill, in which Tim and Graeme adopt various guises and costumes in an attempt to defeat Bill and his secret weapon - the dreaded black pudding. It's all rather dated now, and not very PC, but it's harmless fun, and, as the editor of KFM replied in response to the letter of complaint, "NOBODY should be above having the odd bit of mickey taken out of them."

hello

maybe a "stupid" question:wink:

Can anyone say who have the rights of the full Uncut Print from the Big Boss?

This movie was never released in Uncut,could it then be possible that no one have

the rights?

Whoever owns the rights to the Golden Harvest back catalogue. It depends if people can be bothered to go into the vaults and search, which i doubt. Having seen the uncut print in the 70's in London, as i said before its not much, dont get your hopes up high, theres no extra fight footage as such, its not like the Game of Death footage which was worth waiting for.

Whoever owns the rights to the Golden Harvest back catalogue. It depends if people can be bothered to go into the vaults and search, which i doubt. Having seen the uncut print in the 70's in London, as i said before its not much, dont get your hopes up high, theres no extra fight footage as such, its not like the Game of Death footage which was worth waiting for.

You're implying that the only prints that might now exist are lying in a vault gathering dust somewhere, but a few years ago, David Tadman confirmed that he had seen a print at Fred Weintraub's, and that Steve Kerridge had a print in England also. One of these prints needs to be handed over to Fortune Star and then distributed by Dragon Dynasty or another interested party. In fact, there were hints on Nick's forum a few years ago that this could indeed be happening, but then it went quiet and no mention was made of it again.

You are probably right when you say that the additional footage has been blown out of proportion over the years, but a whole new generation of fans who were too young to see the longer version in the 1970s would simply like the opportunity to make up their own minds, I think.

if i had to choose iu would rather see the trailer for FOF where Bob Bakers clashes with Bruce in the Gym.. shoulder to shoulder or the tv advert with Bolo

I dont think we will ever get to see any of the extra footage,people claim to have it but never prooved it.

Would love to see the Bob baker Bruce advert for fof tho

Hi all,

I have been watching this blog for some time and the person responsible claims that they will post a link on their blog which will allow you to pay to download the original English version of the Big Boss. He did say that the link would be posted on Thursday 23rd December but I just noted a change...it will now be Friday 24th December!?

Below is what he is saying:

'This is the only 35mm film print to survive the 1972 recall.This sole surviving print is is some 38 years old and is in remarkably good condition for its age. This special version of the Big Boss is slightly shorter than the standard version, but on the plus side some scenes are slightly longer in places. The film is left in its original state and has not been digitally remastered or interfered with, it is what it is, a working print with the original English dub.The music score is by Wang Fu -Ling which was later changed. In the final duel bruce fights the big boss (Yin-Chieh Han) . Bruce pins him down to the ground, and then throws one punch. The regular version of the film shows bruce punching the big boss eight times on the ground. The country this print originated from felt that an additional seven punches was in bad taste, as the character was already dead. Having watched both versions the dialogue in many places is completely different to the standard version of the Big Boss. This version is a more serious take on the movie, the way bruce intended it to be, no nonsense. Its like watching a completely new film. This is the only English version bruce actually saw. Also this English dubbed version is very different and more intense. After viewing both the English dubbed and the regular version of the Big Boss, i know which version i prefer, but you will have to form your own opinion. So just appreciate it for what it is, a rare collectors item for true collectors.

At the end of the final fight scene bruce is taken away,but the story continues.........with another rare gem Big Boss PART II, which features some of the cast from the Big Boss .

Big Boss PART II has a large on line following and will be available in 2011'

Below is the link if you wish to check it out and I would be grateful of your comments on this.

http://thebigbossoriginaldub.blogspot.com/

If dude actually has Big Boss 2 hopefully he makes some $ from version of Big Boss he is offering to download for money.If not he might change mind of releasing BB2.

Archived