Big Boss 100% uncut?

soulborn

i know some turkish collector on youtube who says he has an uncut print, and refuses to discuss any further with it, also money is no reason for him either.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that says they have a copy but don't want to sell/release/show clips from/etc. is just looking for attention. It seems there is always someone whose friend saw an uncut print back in the 70s or knows a guy with a DVD of it. When I had the 90 minutes of Game dailies I pulled clips from them and showed them on several forums. It doesn't take much to at least do that.

Hopefully if this still exists, it will show up somewhere....

Tadman said Fred Weintraub and Sy Weintraub were sent original copies back in 1972 from Bruce Lee. They viewed them at Warners before ageeing to make Enter the Dragon. he said Fred received that unseen trailer for Fist of Fury. Bruce and Bob Baker clashing shoulder to shoulder. That was entitled "The Intercepting Fists' at the time it was filmed in October 1971.

Killer Meteor

Given the way they treat their customers - both paying members of the public, and the companies that licence their material - I wouldn't be suprised if Fortune Star simply can't be bothered to look for or to purchase the rare prints should they still exist

Collecters seems too selfish to share what they have so i dont think we will be seeing any new footage anytime soon.

martialartist

if Steve Kerrigde has this footages? why should he posts any screencaptures of that scene's????? 1 or 2 no more? That is not bad? everyone can say he has it. If SK has it he should proof that.

Maybe he hasnt got it and is just trying to get attention,if people reckon they have it they should post something we havent seen,funny how no 1 has tho....

If Steve Kerridge did transfer his original 35mm reels to another format (which I was told he had) and posted a couple of screencaps then what?

I think that would add even more fuel to the fire. It sure as hell wouldn't put an end to anything.

Maybe he feels like he has nothing to prove. He is involved with a lot of upcoming projects in conjunction with the Bruce Lee Estate / Foundation so maybe he has more important things to be worried about.

On another note I have heard that the print Steve Kerridge owns is not the print that was shown at the 1979 Film Festival.

When all is said and done I would still love to see the complete uncut Mandarin print of the movie!!:D

The Ultimate Bruce Lee collection is getting marked down in price like mad. I see it in shops now for 12 dollars canadian, which makes me think a new collection, perhaps on blu-ray, is coming out very soon. Maybe this will have some exclusive material.

Shame no 1 has spoken 2 Steve Kerridge on here,would love to see what he had to say,maybe there isnt a complete version just different cuts with different scenes that arnt in other prints,who knows.

Shame no 1 has spoken 2 Steve Kerridge on here,would love to see what he had to say,maybe there isnt a complete version just different cuts with different scenes that arnt in other prints,who knows.

Here's part of a Q & A between Jason Hart and Steve Kerridge:

Q: Firstly, rumours have it you have an uncut Big Boss print with saw scene and you know the other scenes exist still with prositute etc. Is this true and please confirm that the "saw" scene exists?!

Secondly, when the hell can we fans see this if it does exist?

Steve Kerridge : Well.... i can assure you that YES the saw scene does exist, and cannot say anything else on the matter... believe me i've been approached by Hong Kong Legends and a few others who will pay good money, but because of my word, i will not bend.

Q: People must be sick of me still going on about this after all these years (sorry everybody!), but Carl Jones, David Rees and SK all told me years ago the 'saw in the head' scene wasn't in the 1979 print. This baffled me completely and still does. How could an original Mandarin print not contain the scene? Strangely, George Tan even told me the scene was never even filmed because they couldn't get it to work, and he interviewed people who worked on the film, so something must have been lost in the translation there I guess.

Anyway, when I wrote the Big Boss cuts article (which is now here at Nick's site in an amended form) I used the above info as a reference point, stating that the scene was not included in the 1979 print. However, when the piece was sent to Impact magazine, they checked with Will Johnston for accuracy and he said the scene WAS shown, and the text was altered accordingly.

Obviously it exists along with all the other missing footage, so will somebody please just release this thing or screen it at a convention so we can all relax?

Steve Kerridge: Whatever the so called bbla tell you, the saw scene WAS NOT in the print shown in 1979

Q: I still don't understand how an original Mandarin print that contained the cart and second prostitute scenes (among others) didn't contain the saw scene as well, but then again there are a lot of things that I still don't understand about The Big Boss... like the dubbing of the original trailer with missing scenes into English... the piece in the JKD Club HK poster magazine about a censored scene showing a couple spying on Cheng and the prostitute through a hole (what was that about!?)... the bizarre change in soundtrack on the HKL DVD's from 1973 English to the rejected 1971 English dub during the riverside mourning scene... why we still know nothing about the mysterious missing scene of Bruce and Nora (seen briefly in the trailer)...

If the 1979 didn't contain the 'saw' scene, what other footage might have been missing, which would presumably have been included in a complete Mandarin print (like the one DT saw at Fred's, for example)?

Steve Kerridge The version shown at the 1979 convention although the original print was the one that suffered the HK censors ... There was a perge on censoring violence at the time in HK ( i have many newspaper cuttings from the time ) ... hence the missing saw scene...

Q: Thanks for clearing that up. So if the 'saw' scene was missing from the 1979 print because it had been censored back in HK, were there any other offensive scenes missing which would have been in an original, fully uncut print? Like, for example that scene described in the 1976 HK poster mag where a couple are spying on Cheng and the prostitute? What do you know about this - did it exist or is the report just nonsense?

Steve Kerridge: This also was taken out by the HK censors office.

I would rather see Massacre Survivor any day... why's there no hype for this lost Yuen piece? :/ Uncut Big Boss is nothing compared to Massacre, so let's end this pointless discussion now... :P

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

Here's part of a Q & A between Jason Hart and Steve Kerridge:

Q: Firstly, rumours have it you have an uncut Big Boss print with saw scene and you know the other scenes exist still with prositute etc. Is this true and please confirm that the "saw" scene exists?!

Secondly, when the hell can we fans see this if it does exist?

Steve Kerridge : Well.... i can assure you that YES the saw scene does exist, and cannot say anything else on the matter... believe me i've been approached by Hong Kong Legends and a few others who will pay good money, but because of my word, i will not bend.

Q: People must be sick of me still going on about this after all these years (sorry everybody!), but Carl Jones, David Rees and SK all told me years ago the 'saw in the head' scene wasn't in the 1979 print. This baffled me completely and still does. How could an original Mandarin print not contain the scene? Strangely, George Tan even told me the scene was never even filmed because they couldn't get it to work, and he interviewed people who worked on the film, so something must have been lost in the translation there I guess.

Anyway, when I wrote the Big Boss cuts article (which is now here at Nick's site in an amended form) I used the above info as a reference point, stating that the scene was not included in the 1979 print. However, when the piece was sent to Impact magazine, they checked with Will Johnston for accuracy and he said the scene WAS shown, and the text was altered accordingly.

Obviously it exists along with all the other missing footage, so will somebody please just release this thing or screen it at a convention so we can all relax?

Steve Kerridge: Whatever the so called bbla tell you, the saw scene WAS NOT in the print shown in 1979

Q: I still don't understand how an original Mandarin print that contained the cart and second prostitute scenes (among others) didn't contain the saw scene as well, but then again there are a lot of things that I still don't understand about The Big Boss... like the dubbing of the original trailer with missing scenes into English... the piece in the JKD Club HK poster magazine about a censored scene showing a couple spying on Cheng and the prostitute through a hole (what was that about!?)... the bizarre change in soundtrack on the HKL DVD's from 1973 English to the rejected 1971 English dub during the riverside mourning scene... why we still know nothing about the mysterious missing scene of Bruce and Nora (seen briefly in the trailer)...

If the 1979 didn't contain the 'saw' scene, what other footage might have been missing, which would presumably have been included in a complete Mandarin print (like the one DT saw at Fred's, for example)?

Steve Kerridge The version shown at the 1979 convention although the original print was the one that suffered the HK censors ... There was a perge on censoring violence at the time in HK ( i have many newspaper cuttings from the time ) ... hence the missing saw scene...

Q: Thanks for clearing that up. So if the 'saw' scene was missing from the 1979 print because it had been censored back in HK, were there any other offensive scenes missing which would have been in an original, fully uncut print? Like, for example that scene described in the 1976 HK poster mag where a couple are spying on Cheng and the prostitute? What do you know about this - did it exist or is the report just nonsense?

Steve Kerridge: This also was taken out by the HK censors office.

Well? What is the big deal then? saying when it will show up, or even showing pictures from it? And how long ago was this Q and A? I hope some of us will be able to see this before we become senior citizens.. I still think this will not be shown before they get what they think it is worth. the greed is to touch and feel.

Well? What is the big deal then? saying when it will show up, or even showing pictures from it? And how long ago was this Q and A? I hope some of us will be able to see this before we become senior citizens.. I still think this will not be shown before they get what they think it is worth. the greed is to touch and feel.

What people don't seem to realize is is that Steve Kerridge pretty much refuses to even talk about his print of The Big Boss. He isn't bragging about owning it or what it contains so he isn't seeking attention...Quite the opposite really!

I too wish he would share it although that isn't as easy as some would think as David Rees has already pointed out but at the end of the day it is his property to do with as he wishes.

Yeah, but unless you lot make a fuss like you have done for Big Boss, what incentive has he got to transfer them and release it?

Well I would definitely buy a copy. I thought he was no longer releasing movies since both Vengeance and Rarescope releases came to a halt quite a while ago now.

Archived